SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#259608 - 03/12/09 12:56 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Diki you and I BOTH want to see and hear demos.. but what's not fair is MS owners here get the full force of the anger from Zoners about the lack of MS demos EVERYWHERE. It's not their fault nor their duty to post them. I'd still like to hear and see them.., but I won't pressure them into proving anything.

I still say that people need to send about 90% more of that anger and demand to DOM. It's his product..., he's trying to sell it.., HE needs to be the one meeting these requests..., NOT HIS CUSTOMERS

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-12-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#259609 - 03/12/09 01:09 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
AFG Music Offline

delete

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-06-2010).]

#259610 - 03/12/09 01:16 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
AFG Music Offline

delete

#259611 - 03/12/09 01:19 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Squeak...Dom reads this forum religiously...

If he hasn't picked up on the underlying needs of arranger players from what we all have said, I can't think of where else he's going to pay any attention to it...

And personally, if I say I can do something on a keyboard, and someone says 'bull!', I am only too happy to illustrate it ain't. And take my knocks if I am exaggerating

And AFG... you don't give yourself or any of us anywhere NEAR the credit we deserve. I honestly believe I CAN hear the difference between a great player on a poor arranger, and a poor player on a great arranger. And I believe that most here can also.

As much as the arranger itself contributes to most peoples' playing style (primarily, LH chords, RH some kind of solo sound), I find it pretty easy to ignore a lousy RH solo, and concentrate on the style itself. You can't? How can you transcribe music if you can't ignore one player and concentrate on another? I am sure you can...

In all fairness, if you can't play as well as the factory demonstrations, how on earth can you make styles as good as the factory ones? Often the same players are involved... or at least ones with at least as much skill. Here in the West, we have to not only compare our demo playing with that of the factory demonstrators, but we also have to compare our style making skills with those same talented people. Perhaps this is something you don't have to endure, when making Afghani styles, but it is a real downer to have to compare your work with the top guys (and you have to do that every time you switch from a ROM style to using your own) if you make Western styles.

#259612 - 03/12/09 01:32 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
Diki Offline

AFG, Dom already has all the Roland styles from G70, E80, whatever (they are all out there). If he wants to demo how much better a Roland style sounds on an MS, he certainly doesn't need me to send it to him!

Look, AFG, what harm is there in upping something to illustrate that some Roland styles sound better on the MS? You say you've done it. OK, let's hear it. Skip the RH if you want... To be honest, I would EXPECT much older Roland styles to sound better on the MS. They certainly do on my G70! I'd be interested to hear whether any of the G70 ROM styles sound better on the MS, having dynamic drums in them, but up what you can...

I can assure you that if I claimed I could make an MS style sound better on my G70 than on the MS (I can't, because I have no access to the MS styles in Roland format!), if anyone said that wasn't true, or simply expressed skepticism, I would not hesitate an instant to rip off a quick example and post it.

But that's just me. I don't expect anyone to just take my word for it...

#259613 - 03/12/09 01:34 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
AFG Music Offline

delete

#259614 - 03/12/09 01:44 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
AFG Music Offline

delete

#259615 - 03/12/09 01:52 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
Diki Offline

I don't say there are NO good styles in the MS. I say there aren't enough GREAT ones, ones that sound as good as a T3 or PA2Xpro (or even my G70). I simply go to the MS demo pages, listen to the styles there, then listen to my G70's ROM styles, and speak frankly about what I prefer.

The SOUND quality of the MS styles is great... 24 bit converters, nice big soundsets to use, but then I PLAY my G70, and the dynamism and balance smoothness of what I am hearing simply makes the 24 bit stuff moot.

There are a few great styles in the MS, in all probability. Trouble is, I don't need a few... I need a LOT.

Look, I've already said we don't need to hear a RH solo. Anyone can run the style section with one finger if needed... surely your chops are up to demo-ing these Roland conversions you've done? The darn thing even has an audio recorder built in. Take you five minutes to do. What's five minutes compared to how long you've actually spent posting on this thread since this morning?

It really sounds from how you post that you have made music on the MS that you are proud of. Why would you NOT want to share?

Just saw the last post... NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! I do NOT want to hear how good a player you are. I want to hear how good an arranger the MS is. Play some chords, hit some fills and variations, keep it simple, forget the RH altogether. I already know what I can do with my RH. I want to know what the MS does with my LEFT...!

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 03-12-2009).]

#259616 - 03/12/09 04:05 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
to the genesys Offline

Don’t do it AFG Music.

Don’t fall in to the trap. Don’t do a demo with the MS and post it hear.

Do a search for MS demos and you will find quite a few topics where MS demos were done. Contrary to what others have misrepresented here.

Putting up an MS demo here would be like giving King Frog those new speakers to listen to when there is an already a stated opinion that it is factually impossible for them to sound good. There is a predisposition that they are bad.

Don’t do it AFG Music there will be no good served by putting up MS demos.

#259617 - 03/12/09 04:17 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
Magica Alfa Offline

Diki my frind you need something clean ib your head.

First a lot of styles on gig. That you do not need.

A lot of styles for your new songs. Yes you need , but that means that you need also your personal sounds that need to be tweek for your personalisation.

I thing you can make this presonalisation at any kind of style in 25 minutes with your knolage..... and that is easy to set with any VST on MS or sound that is inside in MS or all over the world.

Diki at last what you are doing is really great. You are opening also mind of all users of MS for new advantages. I'm really greatfull for your support here.

Please you do not need to say that MS is not a potencial for all your new songs that you will do in future.

WE USERS KNOW THAT THIS IS FUTURE KEYBOARD WORKSTATION WITH ALL WHAT WE NEED EVEN WITH ARRANGER, AND THAT YOU WILL NEVER KNOW OR MAYBE YOU WILL OWNED ONE MS

Than I will like to listen to your demos too and i will say may point of view.

But in this moment if somebody send here some really good demo you will be agianst it and I know that also Richard and other can post really good things, but they do not want.

I thing you are afraid something new. THAT IS MEDIASTATION

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online