SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#259618 - 03/12/09 04:45 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
This is a complete joke at this point.
People being warned now not to upload demo's and others are just afraid to.

SynthZone members, you guys need to stick together and stop thinking your on opposite sides. All this fighting is being caused by Lionstracs complete lack of understanding what we as musicians need, and their inability to post something as simple as a god damn quality demo. Please don't direct your anger at each other over this. Direct it at the cause, which is Lionstracs.

Lionstracs..... No more video's recorded with a shite camera mic. You need to get serious and start uploading quality demo's or you won't have any business in the future.

If your incapable, then get someone who can do it.

You have a good product on your hands but YOU and YOU alone are killing it with your unprofessional presentation.

Regards.
James.

[This message has been edited by Irishacts (edited 03-12-2009).]

#259619 - 03/12/09 06:11 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
Magica Alfa Offline

Sorry but we users do not have any "really good CAM" to show you that this is really good thing. I can only show you this at home or on stage, but that is far far away from you.

But I will be really proud if you can come to me and visit me. Than I can show you all my MS as it is really.

#259620 - 03/12/09 06:33 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Magica Alfa.

You don't need to have a professional video camera. You just need to record the Audio directly into your PC and replace what the camera mic picked up with the quality recording.

Heck, the MediaStation itself can do this so that would be a really cool way to make the video.

Here's me playing a KORG M3 live, the piano is only used as the controller.
Hi Quality DIVX 7 http://www.irishacts.com/video/cainteach.divx

Or Low Quality YouTube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGwH7E_fn6c

The sound quality of my YouTube is still better than anything uploaded by Lionstracs and that was me just messing around at home.

Regards
James.

#259621 - 03/12/09 11:25 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Oh and thanks for the advice, Magic.

How foolish of me to need plenty of styles on a gig... I guess I could do it all with SMF's, or perhaps do a bunch of songs with the same style. What an idiot I've been all this time, trying to sound like a real band (that would never play two songs identically).

Thanks for showing me what a waste all that effort was...

Look, there's some things that Lionstracs needs... Firstly, someone that can PLAY WELL. How can you decide what a real player needs, if there is no-one at the factory who can? At least Ketron have great players working for them, who probably have a LOT to do with input about what a real player actually wants (as opposed to a software designer) in an arranger.

And secondly is someone fluent in English, and capable of talking civilly to potential customers about their legitimate needs. It is not Lionstracs (or yours, Magic) place to tell us what we should, and shouldn't want in an arranger. It is their job to listen to the vast majority of us, and design something that achieves that. And if they don't, to quit insulting us because it fails at the task WE want it to do.

BTW, my playing has been available to listen to for years up at the roland-arranger.com site. I am not afraid to post to support MY opinions. Why are the MS owners so reticent? If you are going to goad me about MY playing, you'd better have some of your own up, my friend...

#259622 - 03/14/09 01:46 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
AFG Music Offline

delete

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-06-2010).]

#259623 - 03/14/09 02:35 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
AFG Music Offline

delete

#259624 - 03/14/09 05:33 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
Diki Offline

Thanks for the upload, AFG. Good to see SOMEONE here with a pair!

I would like to hear a bunch more too. This style only demo is great to get an idea about the arranger, rather than getting covered up by a too loud solo as often happens!

I hope me being frank about this demo won't deter you from posting more...

I heard some weird transitions on the fills, , sounds like something is getting cut off abruptly, form time to time. And I'm sorry, but in honesty, do YOU think this compares favorably to a T3 or PA2...? Really?

Oh, and I'm sorry, maybe I'm not up on current usage, but this doesn't sound like ANY beguine I ever heard...!

The trick really is for the MS owners themselves being frank and honest about their OWN arranger. I am brutal even when it comes to the G70... more brutal, in truth, because I've got one, and want it's flaws fixed, and potential buyers aware of it's shortcomings. But honestly, AFG.... Come on, you can break the code of omertá

Does this REALLY impress you? You HAVE heard a T3, haven't you?

#259625 - 03/14/09 05:45 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
AFG Music Offline

delete

#259626 - 03/14/09 11:08 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
Diki Offline

Downloaded the .wav. Played on Mackie studio monitors.

And a well written style doesn't CARE if you are in major or minor...

Have a real close listen through some of the fills. Some kind of glitch going on... You didn't cut and paste this together, did you? It's continuous recording, isn't it?

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 03-14-2009).]

#259627 - 03/15/09 12:16 AM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Thanks for posting AFG Music. More people need to post music on the forum . It might change the whole nature of the discussions that ensue. This settles the matter for me . Enjoy your instrument.

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 03-15-2009).]

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online