SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#259598 - 03/12/09 12:10 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
I'd love to hear some high quality demos too.., but you're not going to get anywhere by constantly bashing the MS.., then demanding it's owners "put up or shut up". It's not THEIR job.., that's Doms (again no offense Dom).

Who wants high quality professionally made demos by the manufacturer that YOU will never replicate ever?....we want to hear demos from the "owners" who use them so that you can see what the average everyday player can produce with the MS or any keyboard out there ....enough hyped demos let's hear the real deal.

#259599 - 03/12/09 12:13 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Thing is, squeak, although some arranger users other than the MS users don't want to post (as is their right), enough of them DO that it is easy to get a general impression of the arranger, and the sense of pride that these players have in the sound of their work...

When WAS the last MS user music posted here? It's been quite a while. I can't, for instance, ever recall a user Qranger piece and that's been out a while, and everyone who uses it says how great it is. OK, let's HEAR how good it is... Talking about music is like dancing about mathematics. It is not the right medium to convey accurate objective impressions.

If you are not proud enough about your arranger to post any music as an example, don't expect us to simply believe everything you say. There have been enough proud Roland, Yamaha, Korg and Ketron users to get a general impression of their arrangers. But the MS remains a mystery.

And I HATE a mystery...

#259600 - 03/12/09 12:18 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Of course you're never going to be able to reproduce them exactly, but THEY'RE THERE! Decent USER QUALITY demos don't even exist on the MS site. THIS IS WHERE IT AT LEAST NEEDS TO START. It's not right nor is it fair to expect or demand ANYONE here post up demos to promote a keyboard. If they're willing.., then I say that's great.., but there sure as hell a VERY fine line between the pressure placed on Mediastation owners compared to the other makers. MS owners here get met with a lot of anger and demands because of the lack of demos found ANYWHERE on the net.

Where's all the bickering about seeing demos for the S900, G-70, Korg PA line, Ketron, and Wersi with as much pressure behind them as you see for MS owners to post???? Look.., I want to see user demos too.., or even hear them..., but it's not right to demand this. If everyone here put their nutsack back in their pants and stop waving all this machoism around perhaps we'd see more demos (sorry to be so blunt.., but some of you guys here make this a very obvious ego driven sausage fest.., again sorry to be so blunt) It's like every member is now met with "hello how ya doin.., drop em lay it out on the table so we can measure blah blah blah". I remember once upon a time one of our female members has brought up this macho attitude present here with all the "put up or shut up demands".

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-12-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#259601 - 03/12/09 12:21 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
AFG Music Offline

delete

[This message has been edited by AFG Music (edited 03-06-2010).]

#259602 - 03/12/09 12:21 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I hate a mystery too Diki.., but those proud owners of the others are supported not only by the makers demos being all over YouTube.., but 1000's of user demos available as well.., MANY WHO ARE NOT MEMBERS HERE ON THE ZONE TOO. There wouldn't be such a heavy demand here if more demos were made available by the company and if the user base was larger on YouTube.., BUT it's not. I too would love to bury the mystery..., but still don't feel the put up or shut up attitude is going to help. Since when has PROVING yourself and your keyboard become a requirement on the Zone. How is all the wanker slapping really going to help people out with real questions?

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-12-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#259603 - 03/12/09 12:23 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Who wants high quality professionally made demos by the manufacturer that YOU will never replicate ever?

Well, me for one! Of course, I only expect it from the manufacturer, but I DO feel that any piece of gear needs to demonstrate the superiority that it claims. If the manufacturer themselves can't hire a top pro to show it off (or the top pro can't GET it to shine ), why should anyone take their claims seriously...?

You wouldn't buy a car the maker claimed went from 0-60 in under 4 sec. if they NEVER showed it doing it, and no owner ever did either, would you?

Yamaha, Roland (occasionally ), Korg and Ketron ALL know the value of demonstrating what is the BEST that any product can achieve. Personally, I LIKE having these things to listen to. Then if I can't make something as good, at least I am not tempted to blame it on the gear, and buy something else!

#259604 - 03/12/09 12:32 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
AFG Music Offline

delete

#259605 - 03/12/09 12:40 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
Diki Offline

AFG... sorry, but I didn't quite understand you. You never seemed to answer whether, if there WAS a great Afghani styled arranger already available, whether you would have bought it, or would prefer to develop the styles entirely by yourself...

I know it's hard to imagine yourself in that situation, I imagine if Afghani music is your meat and potatoes, you have ALWAYS had to make your own styles. But although we in the West might appear to be lazy about style creating, I can assure you that, if you had access to as many great styles in the genre that you DO play (as we do), you might have found yourself doing what most of us do... simply playing all the time, making money, performing, rather than spending much of that time creating the styles that you need.

Add to that that, as you know from your Roland, a lot of the styles in the ROM are VERY difficult to better, or even equal (if you can make better western styles than the ROM ones, please send me a few!). Now imagine that this hypothetical Afghani arranger had styles in it that you were hard pressed to equal. Would you still gig on less good ones that you created, or wouldn't you simply go with the best ones you could find?

If you had to make a choice between using the MS with all it's great features, and making your own styles, or using a different arranger that had MUCH, MUCH better Afghani styles in it than you could ever make, what would you do?

Because that's the dilemma that most of us in the West face...

#259606 - 03/12/09 12:53 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
Diki Offline

And the reason the Big3 are so big is that they make products that people actually want to use

If this is an indictment of arranger players in general, so be it. We are what we are

As for recycling technology, well, that's because it is the technology that we all WANT... Personally, I hate Roland for discarding most of what I thought were their best OS features! Not exactly 'recycling' going on at Roland. Plus, of course, if you don't change your arranger lemming-like every new model, and coax ten years or so out of each one you get, your next model will be a considerable leap over what you have...

Oh, and squeak... it doesn't matter whether it is here (actually, it is NEVER here, because the forum doesn't host files ) or Youtube. What matters is that it is getting posted SOMEWHERE. Tons of great Yamaha user stuff, Roland, Korg, etc.. But the dearth of quality MS examples is universal. So which is it? You CAN'T make great music on an MS, you don't WANT to make great music an an MS, or you don't want anyone to HEAR the great music you've made on the MS?

It's GOT to be one of the three, doesn't it?

#259607 - 03/12/09 12:55 PM Re: Lionstracs MS X-76
AFG Music Offline

delete

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online