SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >
Topic Options
#259266 - 03/10/09 12:42 PM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
One new notes from today..
Norber just send us a new Live styler version with multiple ASIO Host features and now any VST can be embedded i Live styler too: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/livestylermodule-p-223.html

On the Frank and Fan MS, they have first to running the ASIO Host Patch1, for run UP the Yamaha YXG50 VST and then the Live styler can play ovee it.

Now this last issue is resolved too, it mean that when you press the STYLE key, the Live styler run up, load the VST and ready to play the all yamaha styles.
More easy I think I can not make.

The second news is that we have REMOVED the Live tyles from the MS OS CD installer system and made it working like module, have only to extract the Live styler RAR file on Presets folder and the MS will load it.

Anyway..after LOST some nice MS orders from famous italian musician, we think that we will follow the Roland way,
Investing more for develope only professional Workstation keyboards and NOT TOP arranger.
First reason because the arranger market is less than the 3% worldwide and also because professional big musician will NEVER take one arranger keyboard on live stage group.
You can see yourself, all the big musician and groups use ONLY workstation keyboard for play SOUNDS and SOUNDS and not styles..

In to MS will still remain the Qranger system, because is full audio-midi-GIGA SEQ system and can be used as normally sequencer, integrated on MS system.
Who want, can continue use it for play styles, but for the all others can be used for a professional audio-midi sequencer, like the Roland Fantom-G or some like this.

Who want also can buy the MS Live styler module for pplay the yamaha styles with the VST plug-in, so..the system continue remain open.
When Norbert from Live styler release a new version, we have just to replace the livestyler.exe file and the MS will have new features, without that you there continue request me new features.

Another example:
after we have posted on homepage the Pianoteq3 VST and tested also that is working the new Pianissimo VST, get another order for a MS X-88 PRO, ONLY for play professional VST and GIGA pianos sounds on stage, instead that they have to buy the new Roland V-Piano, that cost a lot of money ONLY for play Piano sounds.

Our work here is try to optimize more as possible and in better the MS system, for manage more simple as possible the all desidered sounds and engines.

Frank, Fran and the all others can confirm, just press one MS key ( like the ORGAN for te B4) or the all Asio Host patch and the sounds ASIO/VST/GIGA is UP, ready to play.

I will be honest too: if you there are looking for a perfect styles balance, then this is possible only with the embedded system. I prefer invest more for the Professional Workstation keyboards for stage.

Enjoy what you play.

#259267 - 03/10/09 02:15 PM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
OK, now everybody...

Hands up who NEEDS an arranger that "is definitely designed and built for the studio and or person who doesn't mind building their own personal set-up". In other words, making their own styles and completely revoicing them.

Let's have a poll...

How many people on this forum already make their own styles from scratch, and design and voice the sounds to play them? And I don't mean just one or two, but MOST of their styles...
Crickets chirping

Now you are a dealer, Frank, how about YOU getting a hold of Dom, and letting him know this would be a much easier sell if it WERE "a sit-down and a few presses and your off" kind of keyboard AS WELL...

When the community starts developing new styles and setups... and sharing them... this instrument might be transfered intoo an easy to operate machine by the community.

The community will develope this system even further and share their stuff... as its an open system meant to share..

So in a year you buy this MS, download your settings and styles and off you are...

All people need to do is develop an easy way to share stuff and integrate it in your set-up...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#259268 - 03/10/09 02:21 PM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Dnj Offline

I would say user ignorance is a big factor with an advanced unit like this also, no offense to asnyone myself included. Many just dont know enough about VST's & all these programs in the first place let alone trying to be a good player besides....it could be just too overwhelming....not everyone is proficient enough or cares to be versus just powering ion and enjoying playing an arranger out of the box so to speak.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-10-2009).]

#259269 - 03/10/09 02:22 PM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
One new notes from today..
Norber just send us a new Live styler version with multiple ASIO Host features and now any VST can be embedded i Live styler too: http://www.lionstracs.com/store/livestylermodule-p-223.html

On the Frank and Fan MS, they have first to running the ASIO Host Patch1, for run UP the Yamaha YXG50 VST and then the Live styler can play ovee it.

Now this last issue is resolved too, it mean that when you press the STYLE key, the Live styler run up, load the VST and ready to play the all yamaha styles.
More easy I think I can not make.

The second news is that we have REMOVED the Live tyles from the MS OS CD installer system and made it working like module, have only to extract the Live styler RAR file on Presets folder and the MS will load it.

Anyway..after LOST some nice MS orders from famous italian musician, we think that we will follow the Roland way,
Investing more for develope only professional Workstation keyboards and NOT TOP arranger.
First reason because the arranger market is less than the 3% worldwide and also because professional big musician will NEVER take one arranger keyboard on live stage group.
You can see yourself, all the big musician and groups use ONLY workstation keyboard for play SOUNDS and SOUNDS and not styles..

In to MS will still remain the Qranger system, because is full audio-midi-GIGA SEQ system and can be used as normally sequencer, integrated on MS system.
Who want, can continue use it for play styles, but for the all others can be used for a professional audio-midi sequencer, like the Roland Fantom-G or some like this.

Who want also can buy the MS Live styler module for pplay the yamaha styles with the VST plug-in, so..the system continue remain open.
When Norbert from Live styler release a new version, we have just to replace the livestyler.exe file and the MS will have new features, without that you there continue request me new features.

Another example:
after we have posted on homepage the Pianoteq3 VST and tested also that is working the new Pianissimo VST, get another order for a MS X-88 PRO, ONLY for play professional VST and GIGA pianos sounds on stage, instead that they have to buy the new Roland V-Piano, that cost a lot of money ONLY for play Piano sounds.

Our work here is try to optimize more as possible and in better the MS system, for manage more simple as possible the all desidered sounds and engines.

Frank, Fran and the all others can confirm, just press one MS key ( like the ORGAN for te B4) or the all Asio Host patch and the sounds ASIO/VST/GIGA is UP, ready to play.

I will be honest too: if you there are looking for a perfect styles balance, then this is possible only with the embedded system. I prefer invest more for the Professional Workstation keyboards for stage.

Enjoy what you play.

Dom oh Dom...

The mediastation has allways been a workstation... the most powerfull on the market..

And the arranger stuff is just an extra add on, very important to the people on this forum, not important to a lot of pro musicians.

So sell the arranger stuff as an addon...

But to gain access in the professionall music, you'll need to add real time tools like Karma...that allow ultimate creativity to those professionall musicians...

If you allow integration of these different systems, like people playing MP3,s/sequences/styles and toying with their Uber real time tools on top of that then you have taken the next step

http://keyszone.boards.net

#259270 - 03/10/09 02:36 PM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The reason it's not important to most pros who buy the MS as a WS is that it is so poorly realized, they don't have a clue about how useful it COULD be...

Let's put it this way... if it DID sound ONLY as good as a T3 when you switched it on, and then you could add all the other stuff as well, those pros would be lining up around the block for one (with me at the head of the cue!).

If the styles and soundset weren't so half-realized OOTB, those pros would SOON realize what a powerful tool a hybrid arranger/WS can be. Tragically, Dom has made a piece of hardware that COULD do this, but forgot to actually make the styles and soundset that would impress as much as the poor lowly, much maligned 'closed' arranger, who's manufacturer at least GETS the concept of an 'arranger'.

Now it looks like Dom is simply going to give up, and turn the MS into another 'me too' Neko and Muse Receptor, when SO little more work could turn it into not just a Muse beater, but a T3 beater as well...

I guess it's simpler to write code than to get styles and soundsets made. Think about THAT the next time anyone tries to 'bash' the 'closed' arranger

#259271 - 03/10/09 02:45 PM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
to the genesys Offline

As to the Poll, yes creating and editingn styles is why I get an arranger. Having my own sound on stage is very important to me. I do not want to sound like a factory.

#259272 - 03/10/09 02:56 PM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Then it is simply amazing that those here that DO make their own styles seldom ever showcase them...

And do you make styles from scratch, or do you take the already great style parts and mostly combine them, and simply add a little bit of yourself to it? It's one thing if you already have a good library of pieces parts to combine, but creating ROM quality styles from scratch seems an awfully hard thing to do (given the lack of them on the MS)

#259273 - 03/10/09 05:28 PM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Dom i think you are making the rigt decision. The arranger aspect was never going to be a strong point of the MS and in many ways may have held the progress of the MS in terms of your time and money and the bad press it was getting. I really wish you well with the MS and i hop it is able to break into the big leagues as a workstaion which is what it always has been.

#259274 - 03/10/09 05:36 PM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
OK, now everybody...

Hands up who NEEDS an arranger that "is definitely designed and built for the studio and or person who doesn't mind building their own personal set-up". In other words, making their own styles and completely revoicing them.

Let's have a poll...

How many people on this forum already make their own styles from scratch, and design and voice the sounds to play them? And I don't mean just one or two, but MOST of their styles...
Crickets chirping

Now you are a dealer, Frank, how about YOU getting a hold of Dom, and letting him know this would be a much easier sell if it WERE "a sit-down and a few presses and your off" kind of keyboard AS WELL...

Hand goes up.....Haven't touched the T3 since getting the Motif XS8. (except for quick tracks for the wife's gig)

I like having the flexibility to create something that was not already done somewhere at some time. But enjoy being able to sit down and cut a quick accompainment track on the T3 as well for something that HAS been already done and as a songwriting sketch pad.

I would be a good candidate for an open architecture WS like that IF there was local support and a track record (and I could get it at below cost..LOL) IN fact I bought something similar in the XS8 In fact the 6000 plus Arps, Sampling implementation on the Motif and Linux OS are "sort of" becoming open architecture like. I HAVE to create my own "styles" Using ARP'd sections to get away from the sameness of arranger styles. Yeah real players have played the Arps. But in the end I get to assemble the band and play the parts in that are not there.

Nothing does this better then a DAW integrated WS. The MediaStation seems to be BOTH the DAW and the WS if I understand it correctly. The XS is very close to that albeit not as open except within Cubase where it can be a fully editable VSTi and can send 16 independent channels of Audio to a DAW using any DAW Software.

The MS is a Nice concept..I see nothing wrong with that except for a serious arranger player who wants and needs "instant gratification" and will accept nothing less.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 03-10-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#259275 - 03/10/09 05:39 PM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
I think you kind of trivialized other arrangers with the 'PSR' comment, Frank. A T3, a PA2Xpro, an E80 is ALSO 'a sit-down and a few presses and your off" arranger.

But with some incredible styles, sounds and OS capabilities, too. It's NOT just the PSR's that are designed for instant gratification. Just about everything EXCEPT the MS is designed so that, when you first get it, at least you can enjoy it, maybe even gig with it the day you get it.

I just have always failed to understand why Dom never understands this basic requirement for an arranger...

Uh no he didn't.....Playing on a real Work Station does trivialize an Arranger.

"because professional big musician will NEVER take one arranger keyboard on live stage group." He is right about this.

Like it or not, many "pros" (and semi pros) still consider Arrangers no more than "toys" I know of no one who uses on in a band of any measured success.You don't simply don't see them routinely being used by well know keyboard "professionals" except perhaps by a handful of "professional" wedding singers perhaps.

There isn't a keyboard made that one cannot turn on and play. OK maybe not as easy as an Arranger but really, it doesn't take a technological Phd to operate any keyboard out of the box for most pro players who have ever played a keyboard that runs on AC or batteries.

But I can understand why you would think the technology is all that tough playing on a four year old G70.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 03-10-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online