SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >
Topic Options
#259256 - 03/10/09 09:36 AM I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
A very sturdy and heavy feeling animal.

The open ended architecture is a great idea, with an endless amount of change and additions able to be added.

Now I'm just going on a short amount of time with the unit, so my thoughts and opinions will differ as time progresses.

This board is not a sit-down and a few presses and your off. As a sound playback device, this is a very deep instrument, with it's GM/GS soundset very refreshing, and the giga sampler library very robust.

I have the live-style player playing but I'm not sure I've loaded the correct sounds, so I will have to wait for that statement.

This keyboard is definitly designed and built for the studio and or person who doesn't mind building their own personal set-up. This keyboard is for the person looking for something they can constantly grow with.

More to come ...

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#259257 - 03/10/09 09:55 AM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Dnj Offline

Great news Frank.....keep us posted.....Fran also is enjoying his new MS......more to come for sure!!

#259258 - 03/10/09 11:18 AM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
OK, now everybody...

Hands up who NEEDS an arranger that "is definitely designed and built for the studio and or person who doesn't mind building their own personal set-up". In other words, making their own styles and completely revoicing them.

Let's have a poll...

How many people on this forum already make their own styles from scratch, and design and voice the sounds to play them? And I don't mean just one or two, but MOST of their styles...
Crickets chirping

Now you are a dealer, Frank, how about YOU getting a hold of Dom, and letting him know this would be a much easier sell if it WERE "a sit-down and a few presses and your off" kind of keyboard AS WELL...

#259259 - 03/10/09 11:27 AM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
frankieve Offline

This is by far not your typical press and go board.

The more I play it the more I see the potential, yes you are correct Diki, the person that is used to a "PSR" instant ready-to-go type set-up, should not even consider this board.

But the ones that are ready for a keyboard that will give you back as much as you put in. I personally could not get this board ready for play without allot of time, but everything that I'm finding out with it makes me wonder how much more can it do.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#259260 - 03/10/09 11:36 AM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I think you kind of trivialized other arrangers with the 'PSR' comment, Frank. A T3, a PA2Xpro, an E80 is ALSO 'a sit-down and a few presses and your off" arranger.

But with some incredible styles, sounds and OS capabilities, too. It's NOT just the PSR's that are designed for instant gratification. Just about everything EXCEPT the MS is designed so that, when you first get it, at least you can enjoy it, maybe even gig with it the day you get it.

I just have always failed to understand why Dom never understands this basic requirement for an arranger...

#259261 - 03/10/09 11:56 AM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
frankieve Offline

I used the term PSR as to the type of arranger,

I have owned, sold and gigged with almost all arrangers that have been out.

I found the PA2xpro to have taken the most time to set-up but have enjoyed the payback everytime I've used it.

I thought the SD1+ had the least amount of set-up time, and I equally enjoyed it, maybe even more.

I have used T1, T2, and T3s, they sounded great and get better with each model, but I could never get the sound I personally was looking for out of them.

The Mediastation has allot of potential, but like you said Diki, the arranger part needs allot of work, but since it is a software type set-up it can eventually be it, I'm sure Domenic is working at it as we speak, once that happens the MS will be a great board.

I'm gigging this weekend, and unless a Audya comes in the door tomorrow or Friday, I'll be using either a PA2xpro or T3.

Maybe we can help Domenic with suggestions on how to get the MS up to snuff, everyone is more than welcome to come down and try or buy it.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#259262 - 03/10/09 12:08 PM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
"A very heavy and sturdy feeling animal"
As soon as I read this first line I thought "Frank doesn't really like it." As I read on, I really thought Frank doesn't like this.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566 www.kayesmusicscene.com

[This message has been edited by George Kaye (edited 03-10-2009).]

[This message has been edited by George Kaye (edited 03-10-2009).]
(Retired 2021)

#259263 - 03/10/09 12:15 PM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
As to the poll...Count me as a YES.

I already have extensive experienc ewith software arranger and I like the idea a lot.

Frank..I am real interesting in knowing the quality of the sounds you have out of the box.

If you have any questions abot the LS itself, let me know. What I want to know is how well integrated Dom has the LS into the MS?

Lee S.

#259264 - 03/10/09 12:22 PM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
"A very heavy and sturdy feeling animal"
As soon as I ready this first line I thought Frank doesn't really like it. As I read on, I really thought Frank doesn't like this.

George are you giong to carry the Media station in your store also?

#259265 - 03/10/09 12:26 PM Re: I just unpacked a X-76 Mediastation at my store
frankieve Offline

George, your right and your wrong.

Unfortunately I am still very much a ok arranger player, with ( like everyone else ) a bad case of instant gratification.

I am not saying anything negative because to give an educated opinion one needs to be educated. And as it stands now, I know absolutely nothing helpful about the Mediastation.

I am though quite intelligent, and I will be able to learn,

As for this keyboard being sellable, I'm sure it is to a few, not to the masses.

Just like the Korg Oayses, that was not everyone's cup of tea, and they sold a couple.

Leeboy, let me know when you want to come down.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online