SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#259047 - 03/09/09 09:34 AM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by ChicoBrasil:
Some time ago Roland had 90% of arrangers market, here in Brazil (E70,E86,E96,G800, G1000 times)
Today, Yamaha has the same 90%.

Chico

The reality today is totally different...
the arranger keyboard market is less than the 3% of the whole sales worldwide.

For this reason the Roland stopped to develope on new TOTL arranger keyboard, to much cost without return back money.

Just look around how many synth keyboards and workstation models are available and then you can count on the first hand finger the TOP arranger keyboards available.

I can say that because I get the TRUE test on my MS products too.
The last MS OS available is the Kubuntu OS 3.0, with the multiple ASIO host features and some new others features: MS User that have download this new OS on the last weeks: 265 Upgrade 3.0 download.

then I have released the new OS 3.1, totally the SAME OS as before BUT that include the commercial windows Live styler OS.
5 Upgrade 3.1 download with the Live styler!

I have invested a LOT of money for the Live styler integration and we get returned less that 150 euro of license, that we have to return to Norbert..

I have then sent one email request to this all 260 MS user that have already update to OS 3.0 and asked why they will not have the Live styler too.
about all replyed me that are NOT interested on Yamaha styles and live styler engine and wil NOT play the license at all.
they want have the MS ONLY for the multiple asio host features and for the all sounds like a true workstation.

So, this is another probe to better stopping the cotinue developement on styles engine BUT only on workstatio features, because nobody will use the MS for styles player.

#259048 - 03/09/09 10:35 AM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You can hardly blame your current customers for eschewing arranger software... Few arranger players are buying it because of the fact that, as an arranger, it is styled and voiced OOTB considerably inferior to a Big 3 TOTL arranger. People are buying it because it makes an excellent WS and open VSTi player. So you are not polling arranger players...

Poll a bunch of PA2Xpro or SD-1 or E80 users whether THEY would like to have native Yamaha styles on THEIR arrangers, and you are MUCH more likely to get a positive result. That's because these people actually ARE arranger players

I would buy the MS in a flash if I wanted a live keyboard that played VSTi's, and functioned as a fully flexible WS, loopstation and DAW. Trouble is, me and most other arranger players want an ARRANGER. And THEN add that other stuff. I think your polling data just shows how just about everybody BUT you think about the MS. They all use it as a VSTi WS, not an arranger... (OK, some generalization going on here, but you can't argue with your own poll, can you? )

Sad thing is, if instead of spending all this time and energy trying to get LS and an XG soundset working, you had simply spent all that energy trying to get some great MS styles written, perhaps there WOULD be more arranger users responding to your questionnaire...

#259049 - 03/10/09 03:43 AM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
Wis Offline

Dear friends ,
On many arrangers you can make your own styles. These can be totally new styles or edited presetstyles. So when you are able to create a complete new song and when you are able to use all the facilities of your arranger you could make a totally new piece of music.
For composers the arranger is a very good tool.
But the problem is this all takes some hours to do the job.

#259050 - 03/10/09 07:56 AM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Sadly, i think the Roland rummor is true too, i've heard from reliable sources. Not completely
out of Arranger market but not doing PRO arrangers anymore...time will tell.

#259051 - 03/10/09 01:40 PM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Okay, here is the latest scoop from Roland U.S.. First of all, please take this with a grain of salt because the person I spoke with at Roland U.S. was not altogether privy about top product management decisions by Roland Japan.

He said that nothing had been revealed from Roland Japan suggesting that Roland has stopped in the making and/or production of Top Of The Line Arrangers. He told me that the E-80 had been recently discontinued [which we all now know] and said Roland's discontinuance of the E-80 may be the reason folks on the internet think Roland has somehow bailed on making totl arrangers in the future. To his knowledge that "rumor" has no substantiative proof, since he has not heard anything even remotely along those lines himself.

Another thing worth mentioning is don't expect to see a G70 successor at summer NAMM '09 either. He said 99.9% of the time Roland always releases keyboard products [including totl arrangers] at the Winter NAMM's. So our likeliest occurrence for a G70 successor will be at Winter NAMM 2010. When you think about it though, Winter NAMM '10 is only 9 months away. Just about the same time we'll see the Audya for sale on U.S. soil perhaps too huh?

It's also worth mentioning that the tone of his voice suggested that he was privy to the actual production of a G70 successor even as we speak, but of course, tried to show his poker face by trying to hide that from becoming known to me or anyone on the outside by deflecting questions about that possibility when asked. But from his positive demeanor while talking to him, it suggested, to me anyway, that something is up and we may get our wish in 9 months at Winter NAMM '10. Whether it will have 76 keys or not is another matter.

>> I honestly felt pretty encouraged and even hopeful that Roland is still in the business of making high-end arrangers and will continue to do so both now and on into the foreseeable future. Time will tell all, right? Nevertheless, I'm certainly looking forward to Winter NAMM '10 and will keep my hopes up for a new and revolutionary high-end arranger product coming from Roland Japan. All the better if it has 76 keys too...

All the best,
Mike

#259052 - 03/10/09 02:22 PM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
Diki Offline

If it is a G70 successor, it will have 76... if it is an E80 successor, it will have 61

I wouldn't look for 'revolutionary', were I you (or me, either!). I don't honestly think that Roland actually HAS anything in their WS line that qualifies as that, and that's where revolutionary new features usually come from. The new voicing options on the Brass ARX card is about the only thing that qualifies, unless you are unbelievably optimistic about the V-Piano technology trickling down real soon...

To be honest, I'd be happy with simply a 'refinement' of Roland's current OS and sounds, in fact, a G70/E80 hybrid, with some of the OS clunkers fixed would be adequate (although maybe not enough to make me move from the G70). Add in more extensive VK Organ parameters, and a combination of SRX and ARX slots, that would be good. Oh, and get around to linking the Guitar Mode with the style engine would be a winner.

But if they bring back the Chord Sequencer, I'll get TWO - no matter what else they add...

#259053 - 03/10/09 04:03 PM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Here is an email from my former Roland rep when I was still in retail:

"Hi Scott:

Good to hear from you and I'm doing fine!

Contrary to rumors from our competitors, Roland is not getting out of the arranger products business. What is true is that we will no longer have an extensive line of KR-series products. However, at NAMM, we introduced the new RM-700, which will start shipping later this spring. Here's a link to this phenomenal product on our website - http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=980

Of course, we continue to make arranger keyboards, including the new Prelude that was introduced at NAMM, and now have a totally brand new line of Atelier Organs which are doing extremely well!"

Keep in mind this is from a Roland rep who told me a few months ago when I was trying to find a dealer to see the E60 that I should wait until the NAMM show.

So I take this with a grain of salt also.

#259054 - 03/10/09 05:57 PM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Here is an email from my former Roland rep when I was still in retail:

"Hi Scott:

Good to hear from you and I'm doing fine!

Contrary to rumors from our competitors, Roland is not getting out of the arranger products business. What is true is that we will no longer have an extensive line of KR-series products. However, at NAMM, we introduced the new RM-700, which will start shipping later this spring. Here's a link to this phenomenal product on our website - http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=980

Of course, we continue to make arranger keyboards, including the new Prelude that was introduced at NAMM, and now have a totally brand new line of Atelier Organs which are doing extremely well!"

Keep in mind this is from a Roland rep who told me a few months ago when I was trying to find a dealer to see the E60 that I should wait until the NAMM show.

So a console "arranger" piano and a home organ are their new Arranger line up?

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 03-10-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#259055 - 03/10/09 09:58 PM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
Diki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:

Getting honest information from a rep is an exercise in futility. They simply tell you whatever THEY feel will benefit them the best. They are one step removed from door to door vacuum salesmen But the same principles apply (or lack of them )...

#259056 - 03/11/09 02:06 AM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Okay, here is the latest scoop from Roland U.S.. First of all, please take this with a grain of salt because the person I spoke with at Roland U.S. was not altogether privy about top product management decisions by Roland Japan....

The US market is a drop in the ocean for Roland when it comes to arranger sales.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online