SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#259233 - 03/09/09 05:40 PM Look, I can't stand it... horrible titles in your posts
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Listen guys (do we have any gals anymore)... we continue to make posts that are non-descriptive. I occasionally fall into the same trap. Just realize... everyone is NOT waiting with baited breath for your post. If you have a post about mallard ducks, put mallard ducks in the thread title. If you have a post about crimson billiard balls, put crimson billiard balls or something remotely connected in the thread title.

Carry on.

#259234 - 03/10/09 03:18 AM Re: Look, I can't stand it... horrible titles in your posts
to the genesys Offline

You do know that there is a reason why some persons are vague with their titles right?

If you are vague then the thinking is that you would get more persons in on your post. If the post had a real title, then if I don’t like the title then I would not open that post.

For example, if I have a title “An oldie but goody” that may get more visitors than me saying “Yamaha PSR 510 and its greatness”.

#259235 - 03/10/09 08:27 AM Re: Look, I can't stand it... horrible titles in your posts
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I think using good titles is a good thing also.

That way we can just skip it if it does not intetest us.

Maybe that will keep us more on subject??
Maybe not.

Lee S.

#259236 - 03/10/09 10:50 AM Re: Look, I can't stand it... horrible titles in your posts
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by SemiLiveMusic:
Just realize... everyone is NOT waiting with baited breath for your post.

I wasn't really waiting with bated breath for this one, either, but I've still got time to read it...

Is your day THAT rushed that you can't spare a couple of seconds to check a thread out? If it's of no concern, there's always the good old 'Back' button...

#259237 - 03/10/09 02:28 PM Re: Look, I can't stand it... horrible titles in your posts
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:

Is your day THAT rushed that you can't spare a couple of seconds to check a thread out?

Yes, it is.

It is discourteous to not indicate by the subject what is in the post. There is no reason to not give an indication what is in the post.

Hey Look (at WHAT)
Does Anyone Know (WHAT)
I have an idea (WHAT)
Have you seen (WHAT)

Yes, clicks here and there DO add up on people that use the internet. You want as few wasted clicks as possible. You have to read into the post to figure out what it is about.

That doesn't seem difficult to comprehend to me.

As I said, everyone forgets every once in awhile but this forum seems particularly bad about it and I thought it was worth mentioning to help make it better for everyone.

EDIT: I had a bad day, haha, when I wrote the original post. Although, without a doubt, I do think it is an issue that needed to be addressed on this forum.

Peace, carry on.

[This message has been edited by SemiLiveMusic (edited 03-10-2009).]

#259238 - 03/11/09 04:23 PM Re: Look, I can't stand it... horrible titles in your posts
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
What a bunch of deadbeats! Stop trying to turn the SZ into some other BBS. Yes, it's often helpful to mention the main topic in a post, but what's wrong with a little mystery or humor? The less restrictions we have, the better the forum.

#259239 - 03/11/09 04:43 PM Re: Look, I can't stand it... horrible titles in your posts
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
...what's wrong with a little mystery or humor? The less restrictions we have, the better the forum.

Exactly...this place is awesome.

#259240 - 03/11/09 05:54 PM Re: Look, I can't stand it... horrible titles in your posts
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You want focused, topic specific, cut and dried arranger targeted forums, there are plenty to choose from. This place is a melting pot, a kaffeeklatsch, a place for us to learn and talk about the differences between arrangers, performing styles, views on almost anything. We are still humans, as well as arranger players. More kudos to Nigel for letting this place be what it is.

If I want to learn OS secrets of Yamaha's, there are better places. If I want to find sheet music, or SMF's, or styles, there are better places. If I simply want to chat and natter with a bunch of arranger players from a wide spectrum of tastes and abilities, there is no better...

Still got that good ol' 'Back' button handy!

#259241 - 03/11/09 08:03 PM Re: Look, I can't stand it... horrible titles in your posts
to the genesys Offline

I think some persons are missing the point. No one is saying that you can not have lots of different topics about arrangers, but the point being made is one should make that title of the thread say what the thread will be about. There is no need to be ambiguous with the title. To me it shows that the poster is acting cowardly by not being upfront with the title of the thread and not considerate of people’s time.

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 03-11-2009).]

#259242 - 03/12/09 07:12 AM Re: Look, I can't stand it... horrible titles in your posts
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I disagree, but if that's your opinion, that's cool with me. I just feel that being specific isn't always the best way to go when posting on this forum. Good day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online