SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#259037 - 03/07/09 05:43 AM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Btw, & on topic again.... on the other hand Roland will be around a very long time they make superior gear & is not going anywhere.

No doubt that's true Donny...but the question seems to be, will Roland continue making TOTL arrangers...especially since the E-80 and G70 are no longer produced?

Ian

#259038 - 03/07/09 05:47 AM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
No doubt that's true Donny...but the question seems to be, will Roland continue making TOTL arrangers...especially since the E-80 and G70 are no longer produced?

Ian

Ian just be patient Roland won't let us down
..G70/E80 are still awesome units in their own right & can make beautiful music in the hands of an experienced player.
Just wait & see is all I can say.

#259039 - 03/07/09 06:02 AM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'd be surprised if Roland abandoned a segment they utterly dominate in Europe, the Middle East and Asia.

I predict they'll wind down their manufacturing presence in Italy, perhaps retaining R&D there, while tooling up for the next generation of E-series in China.

As an aside, and FWIW, an ex-colleague of mine who works for a large European Roland dealer reports they're still listing and selling E-80s, with no supply problems.

#259040 - 03/07/09 06:57 AM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
to the genesys Offline

Does any one think for one second that if you had a hip-hop style comparable to a hip-hop song in 2009 that that style would be able to be use for more than one song?

The reason why arrangers work for the type of music they work for is that most songs in a particular genre work the same.
For example you can play a number of songs on a ballad style (Misty, Teach me tonight).
With Today’s hip-hop, To play an already existing song, you can probably only use one style to do so.
If modern styles were really needed for playing live, you would see a lot of persons playing Motif xs live or Korg M3.

Lets face it, to play an already exiting hip-hop song, people want to hear the original sounds that are in the song. Hence you have a DJ.
And a hiphop song today would be old news tomorrow.
Even Workstations are having a hard time keeping up with modern loops.

#259041 - 03/07/09 07:19 AM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Exactly my point Diki & Squeak......it's two totaly "different" worlds........

first of all hip-hop & rap style music SHOULDN'T be played on arranger KB's because they weren't created on a arranger KBs....secondly DJ's spin these songs at parties 99% of the time & there are a very small majority of good LIVE Hip Hop or Rap bands singing & playing this kind of stuff anyway because of the same reason...they create their backing tracks & sing on top......
USE THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE JOB....this melding of the style era IMO will never come to light although its a nice idea
As good as computers are to improve music in the last 40 years they have also destroyed it in other ways also....think about it...... ! REAL people playing instruments is on a slow downward spiral & its all our fault.

What the F#%K happened to real music & playing together like this dammiiittt!!!

Ahh whats the use...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMWdJpU9t5Q&feature=related

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-06-2009).]

Agreed younger people do not buy or play Arrangers,They are stuck with the pre programmed (tame) loops which are goo for sing some modern "sounding" dance tunes like the Cupid Shuffle maybe. WS have far more flexibility and now can also be an arranger.

KIds want to CREATE not PLAYBACK. They want original loops not those found in a million other pre programmed keyboards. Every occasion I have I demo an arranger to a kid they ask "How do I create my own loops"
Now that I have a Motif I "get it"

The beats makes the Tyros appear like a PSR 313.
I send them to a WS. Case close,
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#259042 - 03/07/09 08:26 AM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:
I'd be surprised if Roland abandoned a segment they utterly dominate in Europe, the Middle East and Asia.

I don't know about Asia and Middle East, but Roland certainly is not the dominant brand in Europe where it comes to arrangers.

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl
Happy owner of a Roland E-80 V2

#259043 - 03/07/09 08:36 AM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Seamaster:

Well, they certainly have been far from dominating the arranger market here in Canada and also the USA.

Ian

#259044 - 03/07/09 08:42 AM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
Dnj Offline

So where is ROLANDs strenght is sales in the world?

#259045 - 03/07/09 09:44 AM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
So where is ROLANDs strenght is sales in the world?

Roland is not about arrangers only....

------------------
- THE DUTCH KEYBOARD FORUM
http://www.keyboardforum.nl
Happy owner of a Roland E-80 V2

#259046 - 03/07/09 10:43 AM Re: No more Roland or GEM arrangers to be produced??
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Some time ago Roland had 90% of arrangers market, here in Brazil (E70,E86,E96,G800, G1000 times)
Today, Yamaha has the same 90%.

Chico

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online