SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#258797 - 03/04/09 05:44 AM Can I make a suggestion???
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Post deleleted:

Nigel just delete this post. This post will just turn into another crap shoot because other posters allow too much of their own PERSONAL positions (relating to how THEY use an arranger) to get in the way.

Are we not here to learn and share..? Some of you guys need to understand that this forum isn't just about people that perform and not everyone here's buying arrangers for the same reason you do and prefer to HEAR a different type of audio demo. If you guys want to help this group out it's up to you. Just because you guys prefer to hear it one way doesn't mean that's the only way everyone else here wants to hear it.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-04-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#258798 - 03/04/09 05:48 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
Dnj Offline

Squeak these are easily accessible on you tube to listen to no?
http://www.korg.de/?popup=9785&no_cache=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkgaficTi78

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-04-2009).]

#258799 - 03/04/09 05:53 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
squeak_D Offline

Honestly Donny the answer is NO!!! Type in a Korg PA arranger..., and you're stuck with 5 billion middle eastern demos (nothing wrong with middle easter music.., but the pickins are slim when it comes to these models on YouTube outside of those music styles). MediaStation demos are the same one's we're seeing here. I've see a couple good G-70 demos, Yammie demos, ect.., but 99.99% of them are someone going nuts over top of the selected style. With the compression factor of YouTubes vids..., often a style is lost in the background. I've seen a few vids that are showing the styles by themselves too.., but again so many aren't showcasing the board.., but the player wanting to show what they can do as well.., which at times can get in the way of actually HEARING the board.

GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#258800 - 03/04/09 05:54 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Squeak these are easily accessible on you tube to listen to no?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KTDM4dyqCA&feature=related

#258801 - 03/04/09 06:01 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
squeak_D Offline

Seen this one.., it proves my point. What are you hearing more of THE GUY PLAYING WHO'S LEAD PATCHES ARE RIGHT IN YOUR FACE.., or the the way in the background style that "wants to also be heard too"? I got decent speaker and I hear the usual... Someone more focused on showing their playing ability rather than what the board can do....

#258802 - 03/04/09 06:04 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
Bill in Dayton Offline

Loc: Dayton, OH USA
Squeak I think most posters want their work critiqued or at the very least shared...

I wouldn't take the time to post styles, not in a million years. Who the heck has time for that?

My .02

Cheers-

------------------
Bill in Dayton

#258803 - 03/04/09 06:08 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
squeak_D Offline

I know people also want opinions of their work.., that's great and we should continue doing that. However, their is a clearly enough people on this forum who also want to hear the styles.., I just thought that perhaps people would feel more comfortable posting in a situation where their playing may not be hammered to death... Just a suggestion. What you see as pointless doesn't mean it won't be useful to someone else. Just another way to look at it.

#258804 - 03/04/09 06:10 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
Dnj Offline

I agree with Bill.....style demos you can hear online if you look anywhere or on the manuafacturers sites.......

to me they mean nothing compared to hearing them played by someone in real time...because that's the real deal plain & simple.Just look at the unbelievable controversy over the chord recognition on the Audya due to styles played in different ways.....a bad player can kill a keyboards reputation versus a good player...but the style remains the same

#258805 - 03/04/09 06:17 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
squeak_D Offline

Just a different approach guys that's all. Try to look at it from a NON PERFORMERS position Donny. There are many here who don't perform. You peform for a living.., so yes you want to hear all the fluff and buff. What about all those people here who would just like to hear what the style sounds like?

I've talked to numerous members in private email who are HOME PLAYERS who would love to hear the styles alone posted here.., but find themselves always pushed to the back because it's PEFORMERS versions they're always hearing on the Zone. There are HOME PLAYERS here as well. They can speak up if they want to. I've spoken to many of them privately. I took the step and threw the question/suggestion out there. If the others want to jump on.., then it's up to them.

#258806 - 03/04/09 06:22 AM Re: Can I make a suggestion???
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Just a different approach guys that's all. Try to look at it from a NON PERFORMERS position Donny. There are many here who don't perform. You perform for a living.., so yes you want to hear all the fluff and buff. What about all those people here who would just like to hear what the style sounds like?

but squeak thats the point if you cant play hearing things like this make you go in your pocket and BUY BUY BUY.....thinking some day you can do it if you practice for 20 years...& dont think the Kb will do the work for you versus your own talent as many many do! face it posting work here or anywhere is TABBOO in teh eyes of many players ....why? I have no idea....all this talk talk talk means squat without the hearing of it to solidify & bolster opinions & substantiate what the heck anyone is talking about....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online