SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#258734 - 03/03/09 12:01 PM Korg Survey is Launched!
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Dear Friends,
Korg has launched its survey and it will run through the month of march. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=vvc56qBDOGMMhIJANjIFdA_3d_3d
From time to time I've posted about my desire to have a PA (800 or Pa2X) module. Korg has not completely said that they would never offer a module, saying only that they don't feel that there is currently a market for another Korg module (the last one was the i40M). I've expressed this need for a module based on the PA technology for a long time in several forums. Many people responded stating that they would consider such an arranger module if it were offered. I encourage those who agree with this idea to take this opportunity to complete the Korg survey, and in the comments section, make known this interest to help convince Korg there may indeed be a market –or not, by the numbers of requests for such an arranger module. Thanks All.
Ciao,
Jerry

#258735 - 03/03/09 12:14 PM Re: Korg Survey is Launched!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
There IS and always will be a need for the module version. If that wasn't the case you wouldn't see rack versions of synths..., and if modules don't sell then clearly Korg was out of their mind for producing a full module version of the M3. I was very surprised to see Korg throw out a full module to this workstation.

The fact is that full modules DO sell and sell very well. This is good news for the consumer who wants them.., but bad news to the company who's trying to also sell the full keyboard version. Many people out there already have a keyboard or two and would prefer not have to always buy a full set of keys.

Same thing goes for the arranger line. Ketron is at least making them.., but boy will they cost you. How fast do you think the sales of top end arrangers would drop for the full keyboard if the module was also available????? Simple math here...., why spend thousands on one keyboard when you can spend much less on the module version.

Yamaha realized this too and stop making full modules after the EX-5R. That was a HUGE seller for Yamaha.., as was the Korg classic Trition Rack (that competed with it).

I'm with you 100% man... BRING BACK THE FREAKIN MODULES. Full arranger modules of the top end boards would be the answer to so many players dreams!!!!!! Hell if there was a Tyros 3 module (I'D EVEN BUY ONE!)

Hell I'd probably have several of them if the companies started making them. Korg does IMO do a pretty decent job at listening to their customer base. If people scream loud enough.., Korg just might answer. I would get as many people to throw it in their faces how unfair it is that M3 owners have the option of the module..., and the supporters of their top arrangers (who pay a hell of a lot more for their keyboards) aren't given that same option.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-03-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#258736 - 03/03/09 12:49 PM Re: Korg Survey is Launched!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
As little as you save on an arranger module, why not simply get the 61 note version? Then at least you have a set of keys at the gig, just in case you want to play some on it... or I turn up to jam!

#258737 - 03/03/09 12:51 PM Re: Korg Survey is Launched!
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#258738 - 03/24/09 05:41 PM Re: Korg Survey is Launched!
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Hello Everyone,
Only 7 days remaining to complete the Korg survey. I ask that if you have not yet completed it, please do so, and in the comments section urge Korg to offer a PA based module, the first since 1999 (i40M) . Thank you.
Ciao,
Jerry http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=vvc56qBDOGMMhIJANjIFdA_3d_3d

#258739 - 03/24/09 05:52 PM Re: Korg Survey is Launched!
zuki Offline

I sure have filled out mine (800).

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#258740 - 03/24/09 06:19 PM Re: Korg Survey is Launched!
124 Offline

Yup, me too. (Pa1XPro)

#258741 - 03/24/09 08:54 PM Re: Korg Survey is Launched!
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Yep..(Former PA2X Owner)
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#258742 - 03/24/09 10:40 PM Re: Korg Survey is Launched!
Lucky2Bhere Offline

I posted this in my own thread, but I'll say it again here. That M3 is a killer sound board. I'm considering buying one even if I don't buy a new arranger. For $1700, I can have the 61 note-er and simply remove the module when I need to.

An arranger unit interests ME also. You could use different name keyboards for lead and accompaniment sounds and MIDI everything together. You have the best of the best that way.

#258743 - 03/25/09 03:50 AM Re: Korg Survey is Launched!
ricok987 Offline

Loc: N Brunswick, NJ, US
Here is an insane idea: Korg molule-izes their whole arranger line to have functionality like the M3 Komponents! Basically take the M3 module and stick it on a 73, or 88 key keyboard with a PA type module that would have just basic natural instrument sounds, and loaded with styles that pull the voices from the M3 module. Then, incorporate the Karma Technology from the M3 module within each style to create hundreds of variations-per each style. They pull that off-they jump light years ahead of their competition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online