SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#258691 - 03/03/09 06:58 AM Is this the most flexible keyboard/organ around
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Pretty much every variation seems to be available.
http://www.bohm-organs.co.uk/produkte/silverbird.pdf

Bill

#258692 - 03/03/09 07:22 AM Re: Is this the most flexible keyboard/organ around
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Bill,
Might be an EXPENSIVE option if lived in Germany.
I have seen the ad beofre...but none around my neck of the woods.

Lee S.

#258693 - 03/03/09 07:25 AM Re: Is this the most flexible keyboard/organ around
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Geez..., I guess that Silverbird has some great and strong wings because they've been flying that same model for a LONG TIME now. Just curiuos...., how up to date with the current times are these models? How are the styles and patches? Will these things generate the same comments as the Wersi in the preset styles and sound catergory....., What's the PRICE?
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#258694 - 03/03/09 07:53 AM Re: Is this the most flexible keyboard/organ around
abacus Offline

Bohm instruments continue to be upgraded via plug-in hardware modules, (As opposed to software like Wersi or Lionstracs) so although they look the same as 10 years ago (Or more) the hardware has been updated significantly.

Some of Bohms larger organs introduced in 1984 can also be upgraded to the latest spec. (Most owners have slowly upgraded them over time)

Sounds and demos, well its base is Europe so all follow the Euro sound,, and until it gets over to the US in large enough numbers, then like Wersi it will not be shown at its best, for what the US market looks for.

Prices (Although not relevant to the question) are always negotiable.

Regards

Bill

#258695 - 03/03/09 08:00 AM Re: Is this the most flexible keyboard/organ around
squeak_D Offline

When I see the term "negotiable" applied to the sale of a keyboard..., it to me is a RED FLAG because buying a keyboard shouldn't be such a hassle in terms of price and reduced to the same way you buy a used or new car. It's a bloody keyboard not a 4 door sedan Even though many of these types of organs/arrangers sell for the price of a 4 door sedan.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-03-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#258696 - 03/03/09 08:13 AM Re: Is this the most flexible keyboard/organ around
Dnj Offline

#258697 - 03/03/09 10:34 AM Re: Is this the most flexible keyboard/organ around
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I am always disinclined to take a product seriously where there aren't any sound demos on the site. I couldn't find any, anyway. Can someone point me to where they are?

#258698 - 03/03/09 11:32 AM Re: Is this the most flexible keyboard/organ around
abacus Offline

Hi Squeak

I take your point, but most boards from the big 3 have limited options, whereas the Bohm (And most other German instruments) have multiple options, depending on the type of sound you want, what you want to use it for, (Home, Gigging etc) etc.

Regards

Bill

#258699 - 03/03/09 12:26 PM Re: Is this the most flexible keyboard/organ around
abacus Offline

#258700 - 03/03/09 12:29 PM Re: Is this the most flexible keyboard/organ around
squeak_D Offline

The sad thing though Bill is that the US is an untapped market for arrangers. All it takes is for one of these high end companies like Wersi and Bohm to get their team in check and produce a good western model. We may be on hard financial times.., but I'm willing to bet there's a large number of cats over here that would drop a few bills on something like a Bohm if the maker addressed the needs of the western market.

We keep hearing all the time that the US isn't an arranger market. Truth is WE ARE.., problem is that old school mentallity from these arranger makers. All it takes is for one company to do it.., do it right.., and the others will follow. The phrase "build it and they will come" seems appropriate. They'd make a hell of a tax right-off for the performing musician.

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-03-2009).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online