SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#258069 - 02/25/09 11:12 PM Re: korg arranger survey
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
I dont know if someone mentioned at all but besides styles Audya is also equiped with an
Arpegiator, a nice one.

#258070 - 02/26/09 12:41 AM Re: korg arranger survey
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
in my oppinion, the best about korg it is it's sound. to me, as a MOTL arranger user, roland did not offer what korg offered years ago. yes, i was happy with roland E60 having six fills and so on, but really, soundwise it has been behind G70. this was not the case with my Pa50, compared to Pa80. and if i am not wrong, today the pa500 offers the same sound (except for the latest OS2) as pa800/pa2x.

another strong point with korg is they offer more alternatives compared with roland, when it comes about assigning buttons, functions and so on. even in the MOTL arrangers.

and about this survey, i must say i can not remember of any other manufacturer doing this. even if they wont do more than 1% of the suggestion (you realize there will be literally tousands of replies) at least they publicly asked for customers oppinion. i appreciate this. is it only for image? i doubt it, as by asking they "promise" to listen and do something...

i must say i am very curious what will all the manufacturers come up with next, but most of all, i am curious about korg.

#258071 - 02/26/09 07:58 AM Re: korg arranger survey
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did not Korg do this Survey Before...When the PA-800 or PA2X was Produced or Marketed...I was thinking I remember About Sliders and many other features being requested???

Harold

#258072 - 02/26/09 08:50 AM Re: korg arranger survey
Bachus Offline

Keep in mind that the Korg OAsys is still the best sounding hardware synth ever made....

Korg should add the option to play Oasys sounds and instruments on their top keyboards..

Korg should add teh KARMA engine and combine it with the styles of a keyboard...

Korg should add an Interface that allows you to controll VSt's that are running on a networked computer, but controllable from the new keyboards touch screen...

Korg should make their styles an open standard so everyone can easilly make styles and/or convert them from other systems and tweak them.

Korg should add more real time controllers and sliders to controll your solo performancess.

Korg has the technollogy both hardware and software available to do this all.... the hardware to make a system like this isn't that expensive anymore... quad core intell and lots of memmory 8 GB and the software is allready developed and only needs to be ported to the new hardware...

Korg can for once and for all create the dream machine at a reasonable cost...

But Korg does not want to do this, as they want to sell you new systems every 3 years...

WEll here is my solution mister Korg.... Hardware upgrades every 3 years...combined with the usuall software updates....

If you do this.... you will even have mister MS lionstrcas blushing

Korg has the technollogy and the potentiall

http://keyszone.boards.net

#258073 - 02/26/09 09:05 AM Re: korg arranger survey
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Sorry Diki, not true.
They can also be set to trigger immediately.

There switch to change it. Factory default is one bar in advance.

What I didn't get, was that on the module the arps can be triggered by a footpedal, obviously as there are no buttons, but why Yamaha have never allowed this on any keyboard Motif (any series) is beyond me.

Dennis

There are a lot of pedal inputs perhaps it can be assigned to one of them. AS a live keyboard using ARPS IM not sure unless the Drummer is on a click how any Arp would be in sync. As an OMB the Motif is easily replaced by the Tyros or 900. IN that regard the fills will step in on the proper beat in the measure.

Seems to me the board is deep enough to do anything one would need. I'm guessing few people other than Bartmans get deeper than 2/3s of capabilities.Most people get as far as they need then play in that sandbox.

I have never actually created sound sets from a waveform. I bought modules because they already had the sound sets I wanted. Sound designing is a reason others buy synths, Thats want they love and their reason for purchase.

One thing I am looking forward to is creating sequences onboard then sending them to the DAW without jumping through the tyros hoops as a Master Keyboard.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 02-26-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#258074 - 02/26/09 10:38 AM Re: korg arranger survey
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Dikki,
You have to be kidding...the OS on my PA2XPRO is absolutely superb. I have no idea where people get is about the OS. I have T2 and PA...the PA is much better, and more feature rich. The T2 is fine also.

IF you come from another MFG. AND you don't really care to really learn the PA features (theres a lot there) OR spend the time ...THEN you might not like it. Just like anything new.

The fills issue is blown WAY out of proportion...it is rarely any issue for me at all. Yes, more fills would be nice, and an impovement in some styles fill transitions would be nice. The new OS2.1 actually has a new parm that helps a lt. 'Cue Mode' Also...retrigger is set to yes by default and I sually change it to No.

The survey is to ask all arranger customers (not just Korg current owners) what they WANT/NEED in an arranger.

Will there be a PA3? or something else? Who knows...but it will contine big time...and I think all info collected in the survey will be carefully considered. Believe me the fill issue will be there. And so will the desire to have ALL samples in RAM not ROM (like Korg M3)

Korg has not ignored their customers at all.
I honestly believe the fill issue is one they would fix tommrrow if they could. I believe it is something that will be improved with the next PA with some architecture changes.

Ignoring your customers is when twice you are told on the Yamaha support line that you 'don't need that' when you ask about controlling some modules with MIDI. Total arragance! Were Yamaha...and we know what you need and don't need!

Wanna bet!

Lee S.

#258075 - 02/26/09 11:09 AM Re: korg arranger survey
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
There are a lot of pedal inputs perhaps it can be assigned to one of them.

King, assigning an footpedal to control teh stopping and starting of arps is NOT one of them..Trust me, its an issue that has been flogged at the motifator forums.

Dennis

#258076 - 02/26/09 11:17 AM Re: korg arranger survey
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
I'm right with you Jerry T !!
A good arranger module suitable for midi accordions ...seen nothing since the i40M

Giovanni

#258077 - 02/26/09 11:18 AM Re: korg arranger survey
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Yes, you can set an arp or loop to trigger immediately, but it is no longer in sync with the music.

Depends on how good you are at timing

But yes it can only be triggered at the start of a bar, because the loop alwasy starts at measure 1 as you correctly said.

But otoh, why would you want a 4/4 loop over a bar to start on beat 2? You really need a 3 beat loop with a rest on the first beat?

AND did you know you CAN program your own arp, that has this rest on beat 1?
So then you trigger it to start at the beginning of the bar but the fill itself does not start until beat 2.

I also wrote ending arp loops, simple one shots on the first beat. Only becasue I got sick of fading out arps .

There was a program available for the ES series that allowed PC editing/creation of arps. Unfortunately the creator chose not to re-work it for the XS because of the complexity of the 4 simultaneous arps.

But that MAY have changed now as I have not re-visited the issue since I moved away from the XS. Another keybaord that was ranked in the "almost" category.

Dennis

#258078 - 02/26/09 12:36 PM Re: korg arranger survey
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
King, assigning an footpedal to control teh stopping and starting of arps is NOT one of them..Trust me, its an issue that has been flogged at the motifator forums.

Dennis

Well then its a good thing Im not planning on lugging it around...LOL I want to use ARPS to construct original Styles from songs I sequenced and recorded year ago.
The Tyros fare is based on previously recorded songs and hard to adapt to original works. Diki mentioned this quite eloquantly in another thread and is correct.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online