SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 45 of 53 < 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 52 53 >
Topic Options
#257610 - 03/11/09 06:56 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
I too will have the 10s tomorrow. I played a fairly large room tonight to 'rocker' type younger nursing folks. I cranked up and these little gems DELIVERED (I still only had them on 2pm). Man, I cannot believe how terrific they sound - extremely clean and plenty of punch. The 10s will be the road and 8s studio - all I need

Zuki glad to hear you have enjoyed these speakers..Good luck....btw I returned mine after one show

#257611 - 03/11/09 07:38 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
i think these 8" are probably great for your bedroom, or nursing home gig, like Kingfrog said for a room approx. 250SF,

BUT
i think if was to use them in my last gig which i played for 600+ people in a VERY large hall, even as monitors, these 8" would NOT suffice...i would probably blow them, and if not they would not put out the quality sound i'm used to hearing from my monitors.

just my opinion, i will continue to use my QSC 12" powered or mackie 450's for monitors, LOVE my QSC's :-)

No thats not "opinion" that's fact. There is no way a 200 watt single amped (or bi-amped) speaker will fill a room of 600 people with 30-15K at any appreciable SP level. One does not have to "hear" them to know this. Nor does one need to have a degree in sound engineering or physics.....Really!! Mackie 350SRMs without a sub would not do the job in that situation either.Unless of course, one does not mind sounding like a boom box 10 rows back,,,

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 03-11-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#257612 - 03/11/09 09:24 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I think I'll use mine for a job Friday night. There won't be that many people there, but it's a fairly big room.
I'm just curious. I'll have a Bose in the car if I am too disappointed.
DonM

#257613 - 03/11/09 09:35 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Zuki glad to hear you have enjoyed these speakers..Good luck....btw I returned mine after one show

Dnj,

can you elaborate on them, your thoughts, why you returned the 8" speakers, not sure i remember you posting your dislikes
thanks

#257614 - 03/11/09 09:58 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
If Fran says the're great ....
believe me they are GREAT!

Quote:

Donny ???????????? Inquiring minds NEED to know ...

t.

#257615 - 03/11/09 10:04 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Yeah, c'mon Donny... let's hear WHY.

Then we could easily push this thread to even greater heights (and depths )

Nigel, better do a backup of the server... how many posts DOES it take to crash the software..?!

#257616 - 03/12/09 06:19 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
leezone Offline

Dnj,
seems like we ALL wanna know why you returned the 8"?

i thought FRAN was ALWAYS right?

#257617 - 03/12/09 07:03 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Dnj,
seems like we ALL wanna know why you returned the 8"?
I thought FRAN was ALWAYS right?

OK all you Piranhas here is what happened , .I was the second one to buy the 802's a day or so after Fran. They came on a Friday & I took them out on stage that night after demoing them briefly in my studio at lower volumes for a few minutes at which they really sounded wonderful.
That evening I took them to a dance gig with about 100pp in a med size room. After setting up normally in Stereo thru the neutric inputs Master vol at 12 o'Clock, mid at 12 o'Clock I started to play with no problems and teh 802's filled the room nicely, at that point I was surprised & happy that maybe I made a great deal for these unknown brand speakers .......
But that wasn't long lived when suddenly out of my right ear I noticed that the Highs in the right speaker SHUTOFF, then 5 seconds later they returned. I thought maybe I had a bad wire connection & instantly shook the speaker cable leads at the mixer outputs....as I kept playing it happened again & again & again during the song & then throughout the whole evening . On & Off every 5-10 second intervals....during the gig I tried to remedy the problem changing speaker cables, connecting thru teh line inputs, isolated the left speaker alone mono which had no problem....then isolated the right problem speaker & sure enough the on & off
scenario continued no matter what I did to rectify it. I was now convinced I had one bad speaker with a defective tweeter BUMMER! ....I even called Fran from the gig to tell him what was happening & that these speakers would be thrown out the window on the expressway!!! ....After he calmed me down with his fatherly patience which I dont have he convinced me to return them to Only Factory Direct but at this time they were all sold out with the frenzy of buyers around the world....so in not really needed them in the first place I opted to just get a refund of which let me say that this company has the best customer service department anywhere first class all the way. I shipped them back to them for a full refund. Were they good speakers? a Big YES.....would I buy them again?....YES if I needed a pair......would I recomend them ?...YES. Please don't let my unfortunate experience deter you from purchasing them.

Have a nice day.

#257618 - 03/12/09 01:18 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
zuki Offline

Wow. Wish you would've devulged that information sooner - you simply continued to push the fervor with your ongoing endorsements

Maybe there's something to this? Maybe not? To be perfectly honest, I too had a similar situation. It happened during a very loud sound when it seemed my highs were missing. I thought I needed to clear my ears basically. I passed it off as nothing, as it seemed to be OK after a while.

Now I have to make absolutely sure this doesn't happen on forthcoming jobs and will pay close attention.

I think I'll call Sasha.........

[This message has been edited by zuki (edited 03-12-2009).]

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#257619 - 03/12/09 01:43 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Dnj Offline

Zuki you knew from the first day when Fran told you via email ?..............What happened to me didn't happen to Fran his work perfectly.....also only one of my speakers had this problem, I just didn't need them in the first place but tried them anyway, I'd probably still have them here if the problem didn't occur. Zuki yours & everyone else's work fine so enjoy why not them. They are a great value. people bash gear here all day long but that doesn't make it law.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-12-2009).]

Page 45 of 53 < 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 52 53 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online