Page 34 of 53 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 52 53 >
Topic Options
#257500 - 03/05/09 11:48 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Five people can't be wrong? LOL

Look, you guys have a special relationship here. You play rooms of 30 people.Maybe restaurants, Nursing homes,perhaps more low volume low energy venues, There is a much older group here, with different needs and clients than I expected. That's a different world than we live in at the moment and I do understand your choices based on the demographic. Gary's "set up video" hammered that home.

The fact that a handful of buyers on this board seemed to have created a sell out tells me they are not heavily stocked and demand is not all that. A handful of people bought them based on their friendship and trust on this board.

That's what I think, Fran. I still would not buy a pair reading things like...they are "better" then the Bose, people selling Mackie SRMS...(perhaps the Mackies are too heavy or they are over kill for 30-50 people)Thats not to say powered Speakers CANNOT reproduce 30Hz (The new Event Opals do just that but they have a 24mm excursion range in the woofer and cost $1500 each)but I am not hearing with others ears.

This is a different world than I'm used to and a different mindset. We buy the best we can for the largest venues first, then we consider weight and size. Cost is not a factor because they pay for themselves.

We only want ONE system for all needs. Thats why we bought the Bose Systems.(Not to mention they are universally proven and accepted to a point where 7 orders won't wipe out the entire US Stock pile. They serve every need wonderfully and most venues indoors and out.Really large venues provide a house system. I see nothing that will replace them for our needs.

I am happy for you your recommendation has been met with positive result from the community. I know that's important to you, more important than the speakers may be considering your pride in the pages of interest as well. Good for you. I look forward to your next find. Perhaps it will be something we can use.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 03-05-2009).]

Kingfrog, I understand your logic, but you are grossly wrong in your evaluation of performers here..

I can speak for myself....Everything (musical) I own is top of the line gear..

My keyboards..G70, MediaStation.

My sound systems..The best Roland amps made, and top Yorkville system..

My PC's and laptops are also top line equipped..

I too believe in using the best..where we differ, you are associating an unknown brand with not being equal to the challenge..

I purchased the 802's with a specific idea where to use them..They exceeded my expectations, and I shared my findings..Since then, several people (is it five?) have found the same results..

As for OFD sales..they are a specific selling company (speakers), and they have over 17,000 positive feed backs from Ebay sales alone....Does that tell you any thing?

Respectfully..Fran

BTW: my audiences range from 150-3000 people..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 03-05-2009).]

#257501 - 03/05/09 11:58 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
WHAT'S THAT? I can't hear you! Either I'm too old or it's the volume from my 6 1000 watt Crowns. Or, it could be the noise from 2500 people who showed up last week for a function at the State capital for the Tourism Commission. Maby it's the 5 piece horn section, or my B-3 with 2 miked 147's.

What do I know about the music business and sound equipment? The patio at the little restaurant I work only does 600 covers in 4 hours.

At least my hearing isn't damaged from demoing $99.00 amps at a retail music store.

Gotta go now...the Andy Griffith show is coming on! And playing next week is going to be a killer...Social Security checks are "in the mail".

Russ "gramps" Lay

#257502 - 03/05/09 01:08 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
leezone Offline

its too bad these little speakers dont have a handle,

was thinking about getting these JUST for monitors as i have the QSC and Mackie powered for my mains.

#257503 - 03/05/09 01:11 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
its too bad these little speakers dont have a handle,

was thinking about getting these JUST for monitors as i have the QSC and Mackie powered for my mains.

I'd be willing to say some industrial strength velcro attached to handles that you can probably get at Home Depot would solve that problem.

#257504 - 03/05/09 01:12 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
leezone Offline

are these no longer available on ebay?

i typed in PP802A and got no hits, anyone?

#257505 - 03/05/09 01:12 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Fran Carango Offline

Lee, they have a mount adjusting knob on the bottom..You can carry the units with this assembly..

#257506 - 03/05/09 01:18 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
leezone Offline

Fran,
and you're not afraid of snapping that knob off?

and it would be nice to have custom fit covers for them as i have on all my QSC, Mackies, otherwise i could see these things looking like crap after a few gigs

#257507 - 03/05/09 01:36 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Lee, they have a mount adjusting knob on the bottom..You can carry the units with this assembly..

OR.....how about cutting about a 6" piece of 1 1/4" poly pipe, put a "T" joint on it (for a handle), and stick it in the pole mount hole and tighten the knob. I may try that out. For the morons out there, remove for mounting on the speaker stands .

chas

#257508 - 03/05/09 01:41 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
leezone Offline

it's just amazing how there is SO MUCH MORE excitement and hype over these tiny little speakers than there is for the AUDYA.

maybe cause you can buy about 21 pairs of these (42 speakers) for the price of 1 AUDYA :-)

#257509 - 03/05/09 01:42 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
Fran,
and you're not afraid of snapping that knob off?

and it would be nice to have custom fit covers for them as i have on all my QSC, Mackies, otherwise i could see these things looking like crap after a few gigs

Lee you may have missed an earlier post..I purchased a Protege Carry bag at WalMart,,They fit in the bag fine, well protected and I move then on wheels with an extended handle too..

Page 34 of 53 < 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 52 53 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online