SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 30 of 53 < 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 52 53 >
Topic Options
#257460 - 03/04/09 01:16 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
John, just send the difference you would have paid ..directly to me..

#257461 - 03/04/09 02:22 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
zuki Offline

2nd day on the job. I swear, I like these things BETTER than the very heavy and expensive 450v2s. To me, they have more definition and sound absolutely terrific in stereo (on the floor). I love the size, weight and attached cords - a huge plus in my setup. By the 2nd job, I was smiling while setting up because I know how they're going to deliver. I really cranked them and got super response. For the price - please

Is that really Sasha???

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#257462 - 03/04/09 02:34 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Dnj Offline

And now these speakers have been
"ZUKI-IZED" and passed the test!!!
All we have to hear now is from Chas...........?....I hope its soon common Chas you've been playing the C1 through them all day

#257463 - 03/04/09 02:39 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
zuki Offline

Well, they're out of stock on the 8s now. I ordered another pair. Should be in 6 - 8 weeks. I plan to use as studio monitors. That way I can adjust my sound to have a mirror performance match. If I play a huge gig, I'll take all (4). Now this is money mgmt at its best

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#257464 - 03/04/09 02:55 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Dnj Offline

Sold Out....WOW!!! I guess after everyone heard the Good news they got swamped with orders on the Podium 802's!!
The early bird catches the worm eh?

#257465 - 03/04/09 03:07 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Okay. The unvarnished truth. I'm not quite as elated as Zuki. I haven't had a chance to play around with eq or anything so this assessment is based on running them flat (mid at 0, vol. at 5). I only tested them with the FantomG, which is all that was handy. I a/b'd them with the Traynor K4 and then tried them linked to the K4. Here are some of my observations.

1. They sound like what you'd expect from a pair of QUALITY 8" PA speakers. Tight, non-boomy bass, great presence (but slightly harsh to my ears) in the mid-range and good to very good highs. Volume was good but differed significantly depending on whether the input came directly from the FantomG or from the (balanced) line-outs of the K4 (MUCH louder from the K4).

2. Very important. They seem VERY sensitive to 'ground' noise; although quiet when taking input directly from the FantomG, they were virtually unusable when connected to the K4 until I found the 'ground lift' switch on the back of the K4. This helped significantly but still not as quiet as the direct instrument input. In it's defense, I was using a 'mic plug' to 1/4 in. which, as far as I know, is still not considered balanced. Balanced cables might (probably will) make the noise go away.

Would I use them on a gig? Probably not without a (12") sub, but that's because jazz organ bass needs a lot of 'red meat'. For the purpose that I bought them; to add breath, coverage, and flexibility in placement (get those mids and highs on poles and up off the floor), they sound nothing short of TERIFFIC. It's like they were made to compliment the K4. Man oh man, coupled together, they just make you want to smack your daddy (maybe not, think Marvin Gaye ). Would I purchase them again? For my purposes, without a doubt. Can't wait to try them out this week-end.

chas

PS: Fran gets to keep his cape .

#257466 - 03/04/09 03:22 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
She could sell me anything!

Out of stock for 6-8 weeks? Oh No...

Better get an order in.
Hope they don't raise the price because of all this gloating about. :-)

lee S.

#257467 - 03/04/09 03:31 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cgiles:
Okay. The unvarnished truth. I'm not quite as elated as Zuki. I haven't had a chance to play around with eq or anything so this assessment is based on running them flat (mid at 0, vol. at 5). I only tested them with the FantomG, which is all that was handy. I a/b'd them with the Traynor K4 and then tried them linked to the K4. Here are some of my observations.

1. They sound like what you'd expect from a pair of QUALITY 8" PA speakers. Tight, non-boomy bass, great presence (but slightly harsh to my ears) in the mid-range and good to very good highs. Volume was good but differed significantly depending on whether the input came directly from the FantomG or from the (balanced) line-outs of the K4 (MUCH louder from the K4).

2. Very important. They seem VERY sensitive to 'ground' noise; although quiet when taking input directly from the FantomG, they were virtually unusable when connected to the K4 until I found the 'ground lift' switch on the back of the K4. This helped significantly but still not as quiet as the direct instrument input. In it's defense, I was using a 'mic plug' to 1/4 in. which, as far as I know, is still not considered balanced. Balanced cables might (probably will) make the noise go away.

Would I use them on a gig? Probably not without a (12") sub, but that's because jazz organ bass needs a lot of 'red meat'. For the purpose that I bought them; to add breath, coverage, and flexibility in placement (get those mids and highs on poles and up off the floor), they sound nothing short of TERIFFIC. It's like they were made to compliment the K4. Man oh man, coupled together, they just make you want to smack your daddy (maybe not, think Marvin Gaye ). Would I purchase them again? For my purposes, without a doubt. Can't wait to try them out this week-end.

chas

PS: Fran gets to keep his cape .

Chas enjoy them........hope to hear more reviews from some gig experiences also.

#257468 - 03/04/09 03:32 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Chas, put those young puppies (802's) on the floor, and hook up the C1 directly into the line ins...Play the ballsy organ bass with the screaming right hand too...Then post again,,tell us how you like them as a stand a lone..I did this with B4 and they can handle it..

#257469 - 03/04/09 03:34 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
zuki Offline

Great post Chas. Keep us posted on how you set things up please. I bet the 10s might get the bass for the organ. You can exchange and move up for $50 or so!

Oh, and that's not Sasha - Fran's pulling another fast one :

Page 30 of 53 < 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 52 53 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online