SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 21 of 53 < 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 52 53 >
Topic Options
#257370 - 02/27/09 06:40 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
zuki Offline

Great news Donnny. I should be getting mine next week and will also put to test the same day. I'll be sure to check out the long throw - good point

I plan to point up from the floor - no more mounting things for me - too dangerous.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#257371 - 02/27/09 06:47 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Dnj Offline

That's great Zuki.....I hope to hear more reviews on these speakers...I'll know more when I gig them this weekend.I'm glad I have two smaller jobs to test them....all else i use the big gun 15" speakers.

#257372 - 02/27/09 07:42 PM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
zuki Offline

Good Donny. Can't wait for your review I sure would like to downsize speakers. I do love the 450s - tough act to follow.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#257373 - 02/28/09 12:09 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Perhaps Kingfrog could point us to speakers he DOES recommend in the same price range as these things...?

Just so we can tell HIM that we don't really need to listen to them at all to know his recommendation has no value!

Sauce for the goose...

I guess I am STILL waiting for King to let us know how he deals with a customer at his store that slams HIS equipment recommendations at the store without so much as a listen? 'No, how could an arranger be any good? NO....! Don't play me it... I already KNOW that they couldn't POSSIBLY be any good!"

Perhaps you didn't READ an earlier post. I don't RECOMMEND gear.Pros know what they want. Beginners need to try different product. I get asked but I don't recommend Guitars, PA systems, Keyboards, Mikes, Interfaces...I go out of my way NOT to "recommend" I do DEMO what I think the customer wants i their price range, and let them Make the choice. I'll spend as much time with them as they need. I hold my opinion and relay facts about the product I tell them they need to make the choice for themselves.

I have been around long enough to know everyone has different ears, tastes, styles, gigs, and requirements. They set their own bar.
I can tell a lot about a customer by what they trash. Actually helps me to direct them to something they might like.
If they trash Beringer. I understand where they are professionally and won't be showing them Yamaha BRs, or Crate, but I will demo the Club series and roll out the TOTL Yorkvilles, and the Bose PAS.

I refuse to "sell" them on gear they know better without hearing it. I know they don;t HAVE to hear it to know its not for them. Pros know what they want. If they want something we don't have I send them to where they do have what they want or at least can hear some more brands.

I do believe in specifications. But quality gear generates quality specs. Cheap gear specs man nothing. I also believe in what I hear and I know what sounds good at home may not sound good at the venue. Thats why My wife mises on the speakers she will use for playback. I have had customers ask what I think of Sony MDR7506's I tell them I have been using them for 20+ years and SE560 ear buds. We don't carry Sony so I tell them where to get them at a good price. I don;t try to sell them what they don't want just because we carry it.

AS ar as having something similar to the Ebay speakers. We don't carry any powered speakers in that price range but I will send them to Best Buy if they want cheap powered speakers and thats all they can afford at the moment.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 02-28-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#257374 - 02/28/09 01:06 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
Hello Don &Fran,
I'm going to buy Bose L1 or JBL monitors by selling my Logitech Z5500 for the Tyros3 mainly for live performance in church or stage.
Is this Podiumpro 8O2A sound better than Bose L1 and other monitors for getting high quality crystal clear sound and good stereo effect for Tyros3? what sound difference you have heard when compared to Bose L1,Logitech z5500,and other monitors.
Please give your advice.

Thanks,
Sunny

#257375 - 02/28/09 05:33 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by sunny152:
Hello Don &Fran,
I'm going to buy Bose L1 or JBL monitors by selling my Logitech Z5500 for the Tyros3 mainly for live performance in church or stage.
Is this Podiumpro 8O2A sound better than Bose L1 and other monitors for getting high quality crystal clear sound and good stereo effect for Tyros3? what sound difference you have heard when compared to Bose L1,Logitech z5500,and other monitors.
Please give your advice.

Thanks,
Sunny

Sunny you wont get any stereo effect with only one Bose L1 system.

#257376 - 02/28/09 08:55 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
sunny152 Offline

Loc: ap
ok,what about this Podiumpro 802A speakers?are they better than Bose L1,Logitech z5500 and other JBL monitors?

Sunny

#257377 - 02/28/09 08:58 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Stokely Offline

Hey, great to see another review. I'm just a poor amateur so I'm very interested in these, especially since they don't have to be super-great for my usage (stage monitor(s) and practice). The fact that they are quiet is huge.

Just to verify: for that usage above would two of these be enough with a bit of headroom to spare? I'd consider just one but there's free shipping over 199.

I definitely appreciate the info

#257378 - 02/28/09 09:33 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Dnj Offline

Just picked up the Protege` 28" luggage roller for the two 802's.....YEAH! only $39.00 at Walmart.

#257379 - 02/28/09 09:54 AM Re: Just got my new powered speakers
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Perhaps you didn't READ an earlier post. I don't RECOMMEND gear.Pros know what they want. Beginners need to try different product. I get asked but I don't recommend Guitars, PA systems, Keyboards, Mikes, Interfaces...I go out of my way NOT to "recommend" I do DEMO what I think the customer wants i their price range, and let them Make the choice. I'll spend as much time with them as they need. I hold my opinion and relay facts about the product I tell them they need to make the choice for themselves.

I have been around long enough to know everyone has different ears, tastes, styles, gigs, and requirements. They set their own bar.
I can tell a lot about a customer by what they trash. Actually helps me to direct them to something they might like.
If they trash Beringer. I understand where they are professionally and won't be showing them Yamaha BRs, or Crate, but I will demo the Club series and roll out the TOTL Yorkvilles, and the Bose PAS.

I refuse to "sell" them on gear they know better without hearing it. I know they don;t HAVE to hear it to know its not for them. Pros know what they want. If they want something we don't have I send them to where they do have what they want or at least can hear some more brands.

I do believe in specifications. But quality gear generates quality specs. Cheap gear specs man nothing. I also believe in what I hear and I know what sounds good at home may not sound good at the venue. Thats why My wife mises on the speakers she will use for playback. I have had customers ask what I think of Sony MDR7506's I tell them I have been using them for 20+ years and SE560 ear buds. We don't carry Sony so I tell them where to get them at a good price. I don;t try to sell them what they don't want just because we carry it.

AS ar as having something similar to the Ebay speakers. We don't carry any powered speakers in that price range but I will send them to Best Buy if they want cheap powered speakers and thats all they can afford at the moment.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 02-28-2009).]

WOW Kingfrog, I understand the "not getting involved" attitude....mostly from unexperienced sales people....It sure looks like you put yourself in that category..

I think you do your customers an injustice, by being what appears to me a true "snob" to relatively new equipment...

I have been in the MI business longer than you, and I have seen these attitudes..they just don't work..Customer's want confidence in the sales person, and sharing your own opinion that is substantiated, not surmised..can go a long way..

To totally dismiss a product that other people have expressed is a very good product..people with more experience than you..is just as Goldie Hawn says is "dumb dumb dumb"..

This OFD company is selling products that compete and even surpass the name brand products...sure the price is low, they are a wholesaler that decided to sell direct instead of jobbers and dealers that share your way of thinking...The price point is also because they have to go head to head with name brands.....Let's see...maybe the name brands are grossly overpriced...You have a manufacturer, and then an importer, and than a jobber, sometimes more than one jobber, and then a dealer....Think there isn't a lot of mark up?

Guys that asked ..the 802's have enough power to play a 150 person room, with plenty of head room..

Are they better than the Bose L1?...Maybe for certain situations, they may just be better....Bang for the dollar, a no brain-er may be even considered..

I will say this the L1 without a sub...give "me" the 802's...and the rest of the money can buy a lot of waffles..:

Kingfrog, I would ask your boss to order a pair of 802's...just so you can compare the Mackie 350's and those Eons too...Heck the worst it can do is sell the Mackies for you..right. .....and than again, maybe you can be enlightened about your closed world...a product you know nothing about..but trashed..because you just know... ...Don't tell your boss , he can't sell them as a dealer..they don't want dealers..

Page 21 of 53 < 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 52 53 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online