SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#256990 - 02/19/09 12:02 PM Re: Just bought the Media Station
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Congratulation Dennis

You’re going to have a blast of a time once you start making it your own.

Point to remember (Like all open keyboards) everything you need is there to do or add whatever you want, so don’t expect perfection OOTB. (That’s not what open keyboards are about)

“Warning” once you get into the open keyboard, you will have difficulty ever going back to a hardware board. (There sort of infectious)

Enjoy

Regards

Bill

#256991 - 02/19/09 03:22 PM Re: Just bought the Media Station
abacus Offline

Hi Dennis

A couple of great links when you get your open keyboard
http://www.kvraudio.com/
http://www.synthzone.com/

Regards

Bill

#256992 - 02/19/09 03:34 PM Re: Just bought the Media Station
abacus Offline

Diki

Take a good look and read of your last post, as if you knew what open keyboards are about, (Which you say you do) then you would not have posted such of a ridicules statement.

Regards

Bill

#256993 - 02/19/09 06:48 PM Re: Just bought the Media Station
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Thank you so much for all the kind words of support.

I am looking forward greatly to its arrival.

Thanks Richard for your offer of assistance and also Abacus for those links. Yes its because its NOT an OOTB keyboard that I bought it

Diki, no this will be my only keyboard. I am just one of those people who never sees the point in multiple keyboards. I really like to devote all my energy into developing one keyboard at a time.

And truly pretty much everything will be done "in the box" so to speak. Another of the reasons I bought it.

I will be creating my own simple styles, and as you may remember from my history, I prefer to sound no bigger than a 5 piece band at most. Preferably 3 or 4 if I can manage.

I will also be modifying some of the Yamaha styles.

I have been looking at EastWest Goliath (running under WINE), and NI's all work as well. Richard has kindly recommended the Addictive Drums to try as well.

Dom has a very good Giga sample set for sale and I might add that too. As you also may remember I do NOT like general midi in any way shape or form, so my first goal is to get a solid sound set.

Anyway, more when it arrives. It's tough to keep talking about it and I cannot put my hands on it .

Cheers
Dennis

#256994 - 02/19/09 09:41 PM Re: Just bought the Media Station
Bachus Offline

Congratulations Dennis...

I hope you keep us posted...
When will your MS arive?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#256995 - 02/20/09 09:03 AM Re: Just bought the Media Station
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Dennis,
Congrats! When will you get the new baby?
I would very much like one...as I am a stickler for TOP QUALITY sounds...and most arrangers fall short.

I am watching to see how well Dom intrgrates the LS software. If it is done right....I may get one.
Dennis, LS is quite good...if you have not checked it out, please do...(while you wait for MS?)

If I do...the first thing I will do is develop a FULL XG sound set including a Mega-Voice sound set. This is a large undertakng. But can be done.
Then..all Yamaha styles will play and sound superb on MS.

I may even make it a commercial package...to sell to LS and MS customers...not sure. May even ask Dom if he wants to make a deal with me (MS for sounds set?).

Lee

#256996 - 02/20/09 09:26 AM Re: Just bought the Media Station
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
80% of the Live styler TCP network in now up and working, remain to link in realtimes the 8 sliders volumes, mute/unmute, BPM dial.

here is the first test with the MS+live styler and VST XG50, just loaded and played some standard Yamaha styles: http://www.lionstracs.com/demo/qranger/styles/demomsxg.mp3

for me the Vst XG50 is not the max at all, for a better sounds result need now a nice XG GIGA sounbank.
I try to configure LS for the current GM/GS Giga soundbank but then the LS remap to many sounds, if I leave set under XG mode, the sampler GM/GS not reconize some sounds at all.
Anyway, for start is a nice compromise...
Our giga soundesigner just sent by mail the new DVD 4Gb of XG Tyros sounds, we have now to create a new GIGA XG soundfonts and then we release it.
Note: all the giga sounds from our webstore are TOTALLY FOR FREE download for the ALL MS Users! They do NOT have to PAY nothing at all.
What give to pay are ONLY the LS and Elastique license when they will download the complete MS ISO CD installer 3.0

Ah...we will shipping to dennis the MS when the 64studio beginn next week release the new OS 3.1

Frank from Audiowork have ordered a MS too, then you can go there to test how the MS sounds and work.

[This message has been edited by LIONSTRACS (edited 02-20-2009).]

#256997 - 02/20/09 10:14 AM Re: Just bought the Media Station
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
...I will be creating my own simple styles, and as you may remember from my history, I prefer to sound no bigger than a 5 piece band at most. Preferably 3 or 4 if I can manage...

Hi Dennis,

Your idea of limiting the number of automatic accompaniment tracks strikes a chord with me. (pun intended, sorry)

Actually I have been considering looking for some retirement home gigs since doing a fill-in for a one of my band mates. He is the sax player in one of the bands I am in but also does a single act at retirement communities all over the area. He uses a Mac Book and iTunes for back-up and sings and plays sax. He does a great job at entertaining and the folks love him. Several weeks ago he called me at the last minute and asked if I could cover for him because he was sick. I had an hour and a half to get a shower, load my car and get to the gig to set-up and start. The quickest thing I could get together equipment-wise was my digital piano and a set of bass pedals, amp and mic/stand. So I did the gig minus any accompaniment; just piano, bass and vocals. And you know what; they loved it, as did the employees of the place. These were folks from 65 years of age and up. Just piano, bass and vocals (with zero effects on the mic). On the other hand they probably would have been just as happy if I was using an arranger keyboard blaring out unlikely horn stabs and cheesy piano licks. But I certainly wouldn’t have enjoyed the evening near as much.

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 02-20-2009).]

#256998 - 02/20/09 10:47 AM Re: Just bought the Media Station
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
HA! At 3:18 is one of those old DJX styles Yamaha carried over to their other line Sounded better on the DJX though (not a knock on the MS either..., it didn't sound nearly as great on any other Yamaha arranger but the DJX)
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#256999 - 02/20/09 11:22 AM Re: Just bought the Media Station
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Dom
You might be on a roll, now. You certainly have the technical knowledge and persistence. I hope things keep going right for you.

Bernie

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online