SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#256668 - 02/13/09 06:24 AM Help Please Tyros2. ACMP has c/bass
rlabak Offline

Loc: Worcester
I purchased a tyros2 about 3 months ago and had no problem with it until last night.
When playing the ACMP section if I hit a D cord it plays D/c. Any cord that I use
always has a /c bass after it. You could image what that sounds like. Even if I change to single fingered mode I stll has the c bass note on every cord. I’m pretty familiar with the Yamaha line having owned and played a PSR740 and PSR2000 for years. Is there some setting I am missing on the Tyros 2?
I have not tried a system reset yet.

I also noticed that I can’t save user saved organ flues in the registrations. When I do and come back to the registration it shows
“JazzOrgan3”. Also is the split point a global parameter on the tyros2? If I change the split point it affects all the registrations that I have saved. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated. I would hate to have to send this out to Yamaha for repair.
Thanks
Rick L>

#256669 - 02/13/09 06:28 AM Re: Help Please Tyros2. ACMP has c/bass
Dnj Offline

Do a factory reset....hold down the high C key while you power up 7 see if that helps.

#256670 - 02/13/09 06:43 AM Re: Help Please Tyros2. ACMP has c/bass
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Check the fingering mode. I believe you'll find the problem there.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#256671 - 02/13/09 08:42 AM Re: Help Please Tyros2. ACMP has c/bass
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
As I recall, when you call up a User Voice, even though it calls up the proper one, it still shows the name of the factory voice. I think this is true of the organ flutes also.
Regarding the split point, there is a box in the registration "Save" menu where you can save it to registration, or disregard it.
The parameter IS global, unless you save it to registration.
You can get plenty of information at www.psrtutorial.com
DonM

#256672 - 02/13/09 01:26 PM Re: Help Please Tyros2. ACMP has c/bass
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
If the fingering settings don't get you going, your problem is your MIDI settings. The accordian templates, for example, will break out the Bass from the rest of the accompaniment so that you can play manual bass.

I hope that helps,

Steve Deming

------------------
Yamaha Customer Support
www.yamaha.com/pacsupport

#256673 - 02/13/09 03:10 PM Re: Help Please Tyros2. ACMP has c/bass
jwyvern Offline

Hi Rick,
You should find the answer to most of your queries in the above replies.

As far as split point goes, the R3 point gets saved with the voice in registrations and Style & Left points get saved with the Style. So if you have saved registrations with both Voice & Style ticked those regs should reinstate whatever split point you had at that time.
Unless:
- You have the Freeze button on affecting voice and/or Style

Or:
- Split point has been globally disabled.
Go to Function/Utility/ and scroll down to Parameter Lock.
Make sure there's no tick in Split Point.

John

#256674 - 02/15/09 11:14 AM Re: Help Please Tyros2. ACMP has c/bass
rlabak Offline

Loc: Worcester
It continues to amaze me how helpful folks are on this site . Thanks to all of you.
The system reset is what solved the problem. The problem again was that any cord I played would have a c bass note associated with it such as D/c Am7/c. It didn’t matter what ACMP mode I used the base note was still there The split points
were not being saved in the registrations either. After the system reset all my original registrations now work(with split points) and the split point can be saved in the registrations.
Some of the replies also provided me with some information I never knew and will check out such as Accordion templates and parameter locks.
Thanks again to you all.
Rick L>

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online