SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 13 14 >
Topic Options
#256534 - 02/13/09 06:54 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Fran,

Congrats on the Media Station. Hope to see a full report from you in the next few days.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#256535 - 02/13/09 06:58 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Nice! Which one did you get Fran? It'd be great to get your opinions on it. Actually.., if you still have the older model you should do a comparison between the two and show how far Dom has come with the MS
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#256536 - 02/13/09 07:00 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Dnj Offline

And at a price very close to the Audya....
the MS is miles in front in features. Have you read what the MS can do?
http://www.lionstracs.com/store/

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-13-2009).]

#256537 - 02/13/09 08:28 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
And the self appointed MS policeman kicks in once again. Your life must really be lacking for this to have become your only mission ... which it really seems to be when we see you are always the dominating poster on ALL MS threads. We don't hear much about the pros or cons of your G70 including style demos of it from you but you seem compulsively determined to count MS demos from others. If I am mistaken please point me to the videos of you demonstrating the G70 .... I guess I must have missed them.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 02-13-2009).]

Nigel,
I am certain that Diki has posted demos here before, I have at least one in my hard drive as we speak. No videos, but music, yes.

Also, the things that Diki points out (not Fran's "lack of demo posting", but about MS or Domenik) have -most of the time- a basis and a substance to them, that most of the time I feel are valid..

While his persistence might be mildly annoying for some, (and for me sometimes), to the point that sometimes it becomes "noise" in a thread, I personally see no reason whatsoever for the above remark, at least from the mod of this forum, whose opinion carries a bigger weight/momentum than others (as demonstrated by the orchestrated echo of similar opinions that followed).

Fran,
I would love to hear things form the MS.

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 02-13-2009).]

#256538 - 02/13/09 08:42 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Dnj Offline

Trident we are talking about current demos or videos not old ones.Or ones pertaining to the topic talk.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-13-2009).]

#256539 - 02/13/09 11:35 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
OK

#256540 - 02/13/09 10:13 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Hey, I just call it the way I see it..

That list of revolutionary instruments you mentioned... K250, DX7, D50... remember how those were immediately used by top pros on damn near everything you heard? None of those sat around for three years or more before anyone came out with a decent piece of music created on it. Top pros recognize what WORKS, what sounds unique, and what is practical to play. And talented amateurs could make great music on them, too. And did. Lots of it...

I am SO fed up with this thing that magically, seems unable to produce good music in the hands of people that, given a G70, or a T2, or a PA2X, are VERY capable of making something that basically doesn't suck...

I've heard ONE piece of Yiddish music on the MS that couldn't be beat by most T2, G70, heck, even an S900's user demos. Is that IT...? Is that all you got...?

I'm sorry, but until something can be made on it, by a reasonable percentage of it's owners (they can't ALL be non-players!) that can't be easily beaten by a semi-proficient player on an S900, the words 'groundbreaking', 'forward-looking' and 'open' shouldn't honestly be bandied around.

The DX7 was 'groundbreaking'. AND it's users had no trouble recording it and making it sound great. The K250 was 'forward-looking', and was IMMEDIATELY heard on records around the world. Why can't I ever hear a few decent MS user demos? Let alone see it being used on the TV and stage?

Is this a crusade? Am I off my rocker? Obsessed? Maybe...

But I simply though I was in the company of people that actually NEEDED to hear something good, before they would take anyone's word that it actually WAS any good... No? Then let me give you my review of the Tyros4. Apparently, I won't need to hear something good on it before I tell you how GREAT this thing is...

Why does MS get a pass, and yet the Audya is held to REAL scrutiny..? At least it had some demos that sounded as good as they were hyping it. That's all I need, I guess... Just a few, teensy-weensy little demos that ROCK...! That actually DO sound amazing, ground-breaking, forward looking...

Too much to ask?

#256541 - 02/13/09 11:46 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
to the genesys Offline

One explanation is that there is some thing call marketing.
Also no person in their right mind will put up an MS demo here when there are rants like that.
The ground-breaking MS comes out and you here I want more much more demos I don’t just want to here how the product works. Then the Ground-breaking Audya comes out with demos on the manufacturer’s webpage but what do you hear, I want technical specs; audio demos from the manufacturers is not enough I want information as to how the product work the way I say it should work. So which one is it. It seems as if there is no effort to understand these newer ground-breaking arrangers and that is evident by comparing them to the T3 G70 and PA2x.

You can not just take one feature and say they do not meet the T3 standard (what ever that is) not many people seem to grasp the concept of integration. Meaning you don’t have to have a controller keyboard, connect that to a midi interface, connect that to a laptop, then try to get all of that to work with different software all on stage live. So until there is some demonstration that there is an understanding and appreciation of these newer keyboards, I don’t think any one would take a demo request seriously. I know I don’t.

#256542 - 02/14/09 12:28 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Sorry... wrong again.

I don't use Yamaha. I have heard great demos (factory AND user) of S900, T2, T3...

I don't use Korg. I have heard great demos of PA800, PA1Xpro, PA2Xpro.

I don't use Ketron. I have heard great demos of SD-1, SD-5, & Audya.

Just because I don't play it does NOT mean I can't recognize a good demo, user OR factory, when I hear it. And recognize it as such. They may not be the right arranger for me, and I will definitely discuss my viewpoints on their features, both strong AND weak (we all have 'em!), but when I hear a great demo, tune, composition, video, whatever, I give it props...

As for all this 'video baiting', sorry once again, but I'm not sure where that comes from. I got to post more than MUSIC to demo an arranger? I don't want to SEE screenshots and listen to excruciatingly bad demos. I want to hear great demos and keep the damn videos. Nobody LOOKS at my arranger. They LISTEN to it.

When I hear a selection of style demos from Lionstracs that even approach the standard that current TOTL arrangers achieve, you can be assured that I will be the FIRST to jump all over it... and praise it for what it is. A great piece of music, made on a great keyboard.

WHEN I hear it... not before.

#256543 - 02/14/09 12:34 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
I am not defending anyone here. But it makes no sense to promote the features of a keyboard in order to SELL the keyboard and then be afraid to DEMONSTRATE those features to the satisfaction of the people that you are encouraging to buy it. For what its worth , i think the MS is definately improving but Dom is simply trying to sell the board to the wrong audience and will keep getting disatisfied opinions because he is talking to the wrong people .

Page 2 of 14 < 1 2 3 4 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online