SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Topic Options
#256624 - 02/18/09 09:33 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Dom,
I want to know how the physical controllers work with LS on the MS?

Is that already done? Is it comnplete?

In order to claim to play out of the box...these questions are important..otherwise no play out of the box (correctly anyhow)

By the way I really think Norbert is a great guy and has done good work with LS.
His support to me has been superb!

Lee

#256625 - 02/18/09 09:59 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
I have request from Norbert to add the TCP/IP network messages on Livestyler, in this way we can use the Live styler as Host server without touch the inteface and receive back messages status too.
It will include the all MS arranger section keys available and LEDS status.
8 MS sliders for realtime 8 tracks volumes
8 MS Mute/unmute tracks
SAVE function without windows messages
MS Dial for BPM changes
Basic Jack connection with the GIGA sampler, because the Linux OS isntaller is not able to run and install ASIO/VST windows application.
All this new ASIO/VST plungis must be installed manually, like you do in XP.
in the LS setup then manually you can change the midi port where you like.

The first version here is able to load the styles by the MS Qranger interface, really simple as before.
need only to copy your yamaha styles inside the Qstyles folder and the MS wil display on the patch selector all the styles.

#256626 - 02/18/09 10:10 AM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Dom,
I'll be standing by to here when it is done...and to actually hear/play one COMPLETE.

Do not expect the converted (with EMC styleworks) styles to be great right after conversion...NOT. They will normally need lots of tweeking.

Lee

#256627 - 02/18/09 12:48 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Dnj Offline

Why go thru all that work when KB's like the T3, Pax2, G70, Audya are already to go

#256628 - 02/18/09 01:57 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys,

I have been following the threads on the Mediastation for quite a while and think it is a very cool idea. Is it the arranger to end all arrangers? Well, there is no such thing. Everybody has their own way of working/playing, and their own opinions on what sounds good, what makes a style good or bad, what buttons and sliders should appear on the front panel and where those should be placed. Certain features are a must for some, and useless to others. The neat thing about the Mediastation is that it is so customizable. This of course may be a downside to those players that rely on factory styles, sounds, etc. and have no desire and/or no ability to create a unique sound for themselves. Nothing wrong with that at all. But for the player who would like to offer a more unique musical experience for their audience and not sound like the next guy, the huge flexibility of the Mediastation is a real plus.

As most of you know, I used to work for Generalmusic. While the Genesys isn't the same type of instrument as the Mediastation, it still offered more flexibility than some of the other dedicated arranger keyboards for those who wanted to experiment and do some customization. This is why I loved the Genesys so much and why I am very interested in the Mediastation. I enjoyed working for Generalmusic because of the innovations that they developed. Things like lyrics display, internal vocal harmonizer, internal hard drive and CD burner, hiding a real full-fledged workstation inside an arranger keyboard, etc. To me it is exciting that Domenik and Lionstracs are in the process of creating innovative products that push current technologies to the limit of what is achievable.

OK, so here is my main reason for posting: (and please don’t think I am being argumentative, I am really trying to understand)

It just doesn't make sense how some of you talk so badly about the Mediastation and Domenik. If you are happy with your Yamaha, Roland, Korg, or whatever, then why bother putting this instrument down? It seems to me that Domenik has been pretty accommodating in that when someone asks for a specific function, sound-base, etc. that he goes to work on trying to supply that. Keep in mind the vast amount of work involved in developing and instrument like this and the time it can take to get other companies to comply with requests to make a compatible version of their product so as to work in the Mediastation. You must realize that this instrument is NOT designed for one particular function, but designed to be whatever the user wants it to be. It may be that a forum focused on arranger keyboards is not the best place to even bring up an instrument like this because it is so different than what most of the Synth Zone members are familiar with and that it is not a cookie cutter arranger keyboard.

So I don’t understand why some of you insist on making derogatory statements about a company that is simply trying to do business by creating an instrument that utilizes existing technology in a unique way. If it is not of interest to you, then why say anything? As for me, I think it is pretty cool that another company in Italy is working to produce a unique product that will answer the needs of many professional and home-based musicians.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 02-18-2009).]

#256629 - 02/18/09 02:30 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Dave gave good advice when he was at General Music, and he is still doing it now.

Excellent comments Dave.

And not that you need it, BUT I happen to agree 100% with no reservations.

I too am impressed/surprised (in a good way) by Dom's lack of animosity toward any of the naysayers, and critics.

He always goes out of his way to try and explain the MS system better each time. Just because some folks don't "get it" is neither his fault or problem.

It just shows the measure of the guy, and that he is a person of integrity and passion as well.

Dennis

Edited to correct some grammar.

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 02-18-2009).]

#256630 - 02/18/09 02:42 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
mr9000 Offline

Good grief mr.lion,just throw up a song on youtube and be done with all the pussy footing around with all the distracting pictorials..i mean even i could post pics of my last beautiful wife,but it's the engine/personality that will be the winning grade here!

thus in conclusion..youtube?

#256631 - 02/18/09 03:21 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
Good grief mr.lion,just throw up a song on youtube...

Herein lies part of the problem, I think. The misunderstanding of what the Mediastation is and how it works. I agree that it necessary to hear an instrument before making a decision on liking or disliking that instrument. The thing is, the Mediastation is different than the arranger keyboards normally spoken about around here. It doesn't rely on a basic set of samples burned into a chip that all sounds originate from. What does the Mediastation sound like? The answer is whatever vst instruments and plug-ins are installed.

Regarding You Tube, there does seem to be quite a few videos out there. My only comment would be these are not the best of quality visually or audibly.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
LearnMyKeyboard
JazzItUp Band

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 02-18-2009).]

#256632 - 02/18/09 03:54 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
mr9000 Offline

I remember when i forst came upon the Mediastation back..'03/04 somewhere and i was kinda giddy about seeing where this new KB would evolve to..now here i am almost half a decade and still > no magazine reviews,styles,nothing but a fancy interface/ornament to talk over.

#256633 - 02/18/09 04:26 PM Re: Fran Congrats on your New Media Station!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Nice to see you here Dave. No one has any problem with a new keyboard or utilising new technology. No one has any problem with a new company trying to do their thing in the arranger market. Thats all good as far as i am concerned.

My only issue is that you cant say that the Mediastation is whatever you want it to be because that comletely ignors and belittles the skill required to turn that hope into anything resembling reality. YOU HAVE TO DO ALL THE WORK to make the Mediastation whatever you want it to be. And so far for the last 3-4 years that the Mediastation has been promoted on here as the mother of all arrangers, there has been no evidence that anyone ..anyone at all has the skill or money to pay someone to develope the styles required to make the instrument at least as good as what is currently available as an arranger....not even the manufacturer.

The idea that having access to unlimited sounds, style making tools etc will produce a better arranger keyboard is false. Its like saying if i give you enough chisels, saws nails hammers etc you too can build a house !! Importing other manufacturers styles into the mediastaion doesnt solve the problem either as it takes skill to tweak the styles, EQ the sounds, select sounds that are compatable with the style and genre of music.

And please its not that i dont get the Mediastation concept. I do . I am just dying for someone else to get the concept and produce something on it that does the concept justice .

Page 11 of 14 < 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online