SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#25620 - 06/09/00 12:16 AM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Matte.L Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hi

I absolutely recommend Roland.
I own a Roland jv 1080+some cards and one Korg Triton with Moss and the Dance extreme board.
I must say Triton is not capable of doing Dance music so if youré in that style
dont choose Triton.
Actually you can´t even find a great Piano in Triton but the pads are great but pay about 2.500$ for some pads.

Some songs ivé created with 1080:
http://www.mp3.com/djvirtualizer

[This message has been edited by Matte.L (edited 06-09-2000).]

#25621 - 06/09/00 09:21 AM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
VFChris Offline

Loc: Acworth, GA USA
"I must say Triton is not capable of doing Dance music so if youré in that style
dont choose Triton."

I've got friend that's done some rather nice dance music on the Triton, actually.

I've done some dance tracks with an old Ensoniq ESQ-1.

Not the gear, it's how you use it...

But, of course, it's all a matter of personal taste.

#25622 - 06/09/00 12:38 PM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Southern Comfort Offline

Wilkes

I really enjoyed your post at Tritonica BBS.
By the way, Shakil just posted another flame bait..

#25623 - 06/10/00 01:18 AM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Arvon45 Offline

Loc: USA
Wilkes- Right click on your winamp player.

Select "options"

Select "pereferences"

Choose your output as Nullsoft DISK WRITER.

Now, whenever you put an MP3 in Winamp, and play it, it will convert your MP3 to .WAV.

Don't forget to configure where you want the WAV files sent to.

#25624 - 06/10/00 07:43 AM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Wilkes Offline

Loc: Wilkesboro, NC, USA
Thanks, Arvon45!

#25625 - 06/12/00 12:43 PM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
d r e d Offline

Loc: Bryan, TX
i don't really have much to say on the REAL TOPIC, yet this whole discussion somehow miraculously morphed into a fight between Southern COmfort and Arvon45.

i would like to commment on that... First of, Arvon, my sympathy vote goes to you. i have been sampling for a few years now, and I remember the time i have started. Back when everything was complicated! I remember how me and a friend were 'pioneers' in this damn little town with no electronic equipment: we were trying to hook up an AKAI SAMPLER to an old YAMAHA keyboard, and get it working. As much of a pain that it was it was so much fun actually figuring out what didn't work (there were WAY too many problems that are quite embarrasing to tell here, but for once, our floppys for the sampler were formatted incorrectly, and it was the LEAST fo our problems). On the other hand, a few other friends of mine started doing stuff lately, and the amount of questions that they had was quite extraordinary. Well, unlike SOUTHERN COMFORT here, I actually tried HELPING THEM, instead of trying to embarras them in front of everyone for their lack of knowledge. Learning new things is not easy, and it's a process where you would want all help you cen get. And HELL YEAH you start being proud of EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT. SC: if you don't give a damn in the first place about Arvon's problems, why such long and careful campaign toward embarrasing the guy? NO TWO TECHNO ARTISTS HAVE DONE THE SAME THING AND HAVE BEEN EQUALLY SUCCESSFUL. If you can find two, tell me, I would like to see. I worship the music that has such wide sonic spectrum and gives you so much versatility. Therefore, all your attacks against Arvon are useless, low, and just dumb. I don't mean to be offensive, but it's obvious that you are NOT such a HOTSHOT yourself, and you need to lower someone in order to look better. you don't need sampling to write good music. you don't need SCSI to write good music. Geez! you don't even need a keyboard to write good music. All you need is talent, creativity and imagination. And due to the fact that this forum is NOT about music, but about possible tools for making that music, let's leave each other alone...
/_/re/_/

#25626 - 06/12/00 02:51 PM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Southern Comfort Offline

Hey Dred..

Thank you for your input..
I have only one thing to say...
Check all the post Arvon45 posted here and Tritonica..
Then, write your comment again..
You haven't got the point yet....it's not about sampling...

#25627 - 06/13/00 03:21 AM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Arvon45 Offline

Dred-

You are right man. IT's not about the SCI, or the floppy disks. It's about having the ability and imagination to write good songs. Thats all it comes down to.

#25628 - 06/13/00 03:23 AM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Arvon45 Offline

Southern Comfort-

Time and time again you have tried to pick fights with me. I don't know why.

And why all the research?

Perhaps it is best if you just relax a little.

#25629 - 06/13/00 08:03 AM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Southern Comfort Offline

Arvon45

Anybody who has spent some time in this board knows that you are a stupid roland basher.
Again, I don't understand why you are still around this board.. You are not interested in jv/xp, are you?
You're only interested in poorly sampled mp3 sample files..

Good luck with those samples...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online