SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 19 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19 >
Topic Options
#256212 - 02/14/09 10:55 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by Henni:
They do not contribute a thing towards the rest of the arranger community, but they know everything there is to know about everything.

Not all but most of them know shit, i know guys
and customers liek this, that know eveything then
in private ask me how do i lower the volume.

#256213 - 02/14/09 11:09 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Guys, they already TOLD us that all the chord extensions don't sound when just using audio. To hear just the audio track doesn't give a true idea of what the Audya sounds like when you play in normally. The midi chords would fill in the blanks.
I haven't listened to the sample because it wouldn't be of any benefit.
DonM

Agreed. It is a blatant misrepresentation of the Audya.

Ketron never said that the audio track of a style played by itself would be perfect. That is not the function of the audio track in the style.

Also, I could be wrong but Ketron never referred to the audio track on a style as a guitar audio track.

#256214 - 02/14/09 11:42 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
That posted audio sample is useless...

Donny first off the panned track is to the right ..not the left..

Mr Dave muted tracks..how in the world can you judge this sound in this manner...Mute some tracks on your S900 and see if you like what you hear....

I have no doubt..Ketron will come away a winner with this keyboard...

#256215 - 02/14/09 11:43 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Genesys, you are right but i guess to most in
here AUDIO means only GTR TRACKS, Vocals is MIDI.
What about the BASS track? Noone mention it?
Or does that still work on Cords pluging in the
synth like on my ARP2600?

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 02-14-2009).]

#256216 - 02/14/09 11:58 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Korg and Yamaha have this thing beat in regards to the style tracks.

My little S900's mega voices sound far better (and read ALL chords perfectly) than the demos I've heard so far, especially if I isolate the mega guitar tracks.

The demos from the Korg arrangers with their new upgrade are equally fine...in fact, even the Roland styles are better...well, not really, but they at least have drum tracks that are as good.

Ian

#256217 - 02/14/09 12:01 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Nedim,

reading your posts calling people stupid and kids and not knowing shit
sure don't give me more resepct for you than you seem to give many of
the members here.
It's OK that you defend Ketron and Audya, there are many of us who really
would like to see this baby and the factory grow into a big success, but
even if you like it or not, there are quite a while since Ketron pressed
the startbutton and the big hype about this baby began.
So who is there to blame?
Those of us who ask questions or those who don't don't bother to give any
serious answers?

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#256218 - 02/14/09 12:02 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Resume,T3 rules.

Impuls

#256219 - 02/14/09 12:13 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:

Not all but most of them know shit, i know guys
and customers liek this, that know eveything then
in private ask me how do i lower the volume.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, bucko, but you guys introduced an incomplete instrument...how bright is that?

It's like telling us the car that you will sell will work even better once you put all 4 wheels on it.

Some of us here might have been born at night....but not last night.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 02-14-2009).]

#256220 - 02/14/09 12:48 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
leezone Offline

Nedim. I have never disrespected anyone here. I have never called anyone stupid either Everyone has the right to express their opinions. I have expressed mine. I know you love ketron. I do too. But facts are facts. Nedim. I understand that the AUDYA is not finished. Are you telling us we should wait one more month. And then judge? I will be You. A ketron audya that it will still be the. Same in 1 month. The audya will still play midi for complex chords. Thee is no way they will have it ready . No way . That's my opinion Until it plays audio for all chords I will consider this keyboard. Unfinished. You can have your own opinion. But please respect your fellow members and refrain from calling them stupid Looking forward to meeting you in NY. If you go. All the best to you and ketron.

#256221 - 02/14/09 12:57 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
"Agreed. It is a blatant misrepresentation of the Audya."

"Ketron never said that the audio track of a style played by itself would be perfect. That is not the function of the audio track in the style."

So that means, "if you can live with the Audya's limitations then it should suit you quite well?"

I'm not sure many people would be willing to fork over 5 (count 'em $$$$$ thousand *PLUS* VAT and/or Tax) for such a handicapped piece of equipment??? Maybe that's why AJ wouldn't let anybody play the Audya at the last Jam if the truth were known?? Because, perhaps he didn't want anybody to find out any of the Audya's apparent flaws in the process when people actually played it? You realize that the "cat would have been let out of the bag" and the truth would be known right? Because 99.9% of arranger keyboardists (except Fran and Gary ) use more chords than just major/minor.

Of course we now know the "results" anyway; because the truth still came out, just a little later than we had hoped.

All the best,
Mike

PS: To each his own I suppose. But for me the Audya is looking more and more like a white elephant in sheep's clothing. Whatever that means. You decide for yourself...
Maybe things will get better after it is "finished" eh? Apparently they're selling it unfinished I guess huh? Roland did the same thing with the Fantom G but it was more of a cosmetic OS makeover (which Roland has fixed and continues to update and fix and enhance), whereas with the Audya it looks to be the very lifeblood of the beast itself apparently i.e. the "sound" itself with the sound discrepancy between audio and midi within the context of playing the Styles, which is the lifeblood of every arranger. And something that apparently can't be fixed. Sad... but apparently true. Food for thought anyway.

Page 12 of 19 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 18 19 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online