SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 19 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19 >
Topic Options
#256182 - 02/13/09 08:45 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Dnj Offline

Isnt USB 3.0 coming out soon also?

#256183 - 02/13/09 10:45 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
leezone Offline

yes, it is and in fact....

USB3 will be incorporated into the AUDYA3

#256184 - 02/13/09 12:20 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Mike, I seriously recommend Googling some basic facts about embedded hardware, data pipes in chips commonly used by keyboard manufacturers, the difference between a computer and a hardware device, basic stuff like that...

Without even a basic knowledge of how hardware works, as opposed to computers, you are merely extrapolating one from the other, and that's just NOT the way it works.

If you want computer speeds on a hardware sampler, you could choose the Muse Receptor series, MS, Wersi or Neko's. Anything other than these will be glacially slow. It's no coincidence that Hollywood has migrated from hardware samplers to software ones over the last ten years. But hardware, at the current generation of controller chips available to keyboard manufacturers, is simply incapable of keeping up with even a good USB1 system, let alone USB2 or eSATA.

Get your facts straight before you swing wildly at a keyboard that is actually BETTER than most others... (at this feature, anyway!)

#256185 - 02/14/09 05:44 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
So, here it is, a recording of a live guitar part playing different flavours of C chord.

Progression is:

Cmaj, Cmin, Cmaj, C7, Csus4, Cmaj, Cdim, Cmaj, Caug

GuitarChords.mp3

#256186 - 02/14/09 06:17 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Dnj Offline

OMG that was terrible!!! what the heck happened on the Csus4 chord the sound changed in claerity & went mono left side also? is this what happens when the the smf & mp3s kick in to the the style during complex chord play? Is this why we havnt heard any of these demos yet until now?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-14-2009).]

#256187 - 02/14/09 06:30 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Me oh my, this sounds bad.
Hopefully this is a settings issue, if not, hmmmmmm...........
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#256188 - 02/14/09 06:44 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
Me oh my, this sounds bad.
Hopefully this is a settings issue, if not, hmmmmmm...........
GJ

So the proof is really in the pudding...?
I doubt that's a settings issue the other previous chords were ok until the complex ones kicked in.......

#256189 - 02/14/09 06:53 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
I think something must have gone wrong somewhere, as I can’t imagine the standard voices being that major a difference from the loops.

On the other hand, a lot of modern (Complex) styles fall apart if you remove one of the tracks that the manufacture has incorporated into them, so that could also be the reason. (This is the main reason I prefer Roland styles, rather then the all singing all dancing Yamaha styles)

Regards

Bill

#256190 - 02/14/09 07:07 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
MRDAVE it is very bad what you are doing and it is not fair towards Ketron and the members
in here too, you are simply lying to them. This is an unfinished Audya that you are using,
no matter who the hell on the forum you are and who you are or what you know i have no respect
for you, you might have an agenda with this but
this is not the Audya people will pay for.
Trust me, i know that a lot better then YOU!

#256191 - 02/14/09 07:10 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Wow! That's not a good sign...unless the panning for the non-audio guitar parts was set wrong.

Give me my Yamaha mega voiced guitar parts any day...they read ALL the chords AND they sound incredible.

The Audya has more dominant drums (which you may or may not want) but there's very little to recommend the audio guitar tracks if that's the way they behave.

Very disappointing.

Ian

Page 9 of 19 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online