SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 19 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19 >
Topic Options
#256172 - 02/12/09 12:05 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
leezone Offline

AJ quote:

"We are working on some demos that should be up and running soon."

question: how soon is "soon" ???

#256173 - 02/12/09 02:27 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
...question: how soon is "soon" ???

In the "Audya way" like we've learned it by now?
Answer: Thats years!!

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#256174 - 02/12/09 02:46 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Robbo Offline

Loc: Ballarat, Victoria, Australia
Boy you guys are really hammering Ketron, I mean the thing isn't even finished yet, so give them a break, or you may just chuck away the greatest developement in arrangers yet. Shure, I have lots more questions b4 I may buy one, and it wont be without a hands on tryout, so give them a go, if you guys were as hard on Yamaha and Korg, wow I can only wonder how those keyboards may have improved till now, maybe thats it, we all need to put the torch on the other makers as well, at least I'm seeing and hearing more Ketron than I ever did with Korg, and Yamaha b4 a release to this point. Remenber they are not even in most countries for sale yet, so hold out there until you try it for yourself, and no keyboard is perfect remember that, I think that Yammy and Korg have learnt how to hide the flaws better!!!

#256175 - 02/12/09 03:27 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Keyb, you got you calculations wrong,
Audya doesnt even load from USB.

#256176 - 02/12/09 04:34 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
10% will say "I'm getting one!"
50% will complain that it's too expensive, heavy, flimsy etc.
30% will say "it doesn't have enough sounds in it!"
10% will say "maybe I'll get one someday".

Of the 20% who indicated that they might or definitely would purchase, 0.5% will actually do so, yielding total sales of 4 keyboards.

You have heard it hear first the Audya will have the same stats as the PSR 900 numbers.

#256177 - 02/12/09 06:45 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
God, Mike... How many times do I have to say it?

The interface speed has got JACK to do with how fast a sampler loads up. Other than an out and out computer (which MS and Wersi have), show me ONE sampler, from anyone, that loads up at USB2 speeds... or even USB1.1, even...

MotifXS...? NO. FantomG...? NO. Korg M3...? NO. Kurzweil...? NO.

Find something that CAN do it, before you bitch at Ketron for not... One thing the Ketron sampler does, that NOTHING else hardware does... It multitasks. It's the first thing I ever heard of that can load samples and still keep playing. Doesn't THAT float your boat? No need to keep twiddling while it loads... play something!

Do you even HAVE a sampler? Ever use one? How come you don't know this stuff?

#256178 - 02/12/09 07:10 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Sorry guys, with all do respect, i dont know most of you and what you know but few of you
in here are just blabering and i also know few of you dont even know how to turn a machine on.
To some of you SuperArticulation or terms like Filters, Amps and other stuff is some Martian
language...and here you are judging a machine that you probably never phsically see it, not buy it
...i repeat not all but you reall dont make sense...this is sad, you falling on a low level, this topic is
not even my level to reply anymore and i wont on this topic anymore...
DIKI said the rest...keep blabering...

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Do you even HAVE a sampler? Ever use one? How come you don't know this stuff?

Thats a wrong queston, you should ask if some people even know what that is...

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 02-12-2009).]

#256179 - 02/12/09 09:42 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Dnj Offline

This could have all been settled if they would just show us a demo of what the audya does with complex chords changes.....a simple request that just keeps getting side stepped....plain & simple.

#256180 - 02/13/09 12:22 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
30 seconds to load 36 megabytes into the Audya?? That is classic USB 1.1 transfer speeds. But we all knew that right?

When you're on stage in front of thousands of people (okay, I'm an optimist I admit ) those 30 seconds can seem like a lifetime unfortunately. It's unfortunate because Ketron could have "very easily" spent a few extra bucks and given the Audya USB 2.0.

>> Every second before an audience counts. Twiddling your thumbs for 30 seconds or more waiting for something to load into the keyboard isn't my idea of spending time wisely. USB 2.0 could have reduced that load time to a fraction of what it actually took. >> Thanks for being penny wise and pound foolish with the Audya Ketron. It may come back to haunt you in the end. Maybe it already has...

All the best,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 02-12-2009).]

Yamaha is USB 2, and is even slower.

#256181 - 02/13/09 08:39 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
"Yamaha is USB 2, and is even slower..."

Classic case of a keyboard manufacturer not using hardware that is optimized to take advantage of the USB 2.0 interface.

>> Okay, my bad. I thought the piano sample was being loaded from USB. OTOH, taking 30 seconds from the Hard Drive is even more disconcerting considering hard drive transfer speeds exceeds those of USB 2.0 The Audya probably has a chug a lug 4,200 RPM 2.5" HD I suppose.

It is quite apparent, to me anyway, that we have "another" manufacturer stopping up the pipes i.e. producing unneeded "bottlenecks" within the innards of the keyboard itself instead of optimizing it for highest efficiency and thereby taking advantage of transfer speeds inherent to the devices themselves. At least that should be the goal anyway. It is up to the manufacturer(s) whether they choose to instill optimum efficiency for all given devices inherent on the keyboard though - i.e. the CPU(s), memory controllers, mainboard(s) (northbridge/southbridge) FSB, Hard Drive/SSD (along with RPM spindle speed) and or SATA/IDE, USB interface type, capacitors, Flash RAM type, RAM type e.g. PC100/DDR/DDR2/DDR3 etc., etc., etc... >> And don't think it has to cost an arm and leg for those superior higher efficiency parts either, because in most cases it doesn't, except when we're talking about SSD's for hard drives. And it will probably take keyboard manufacturers another 20 years (since they lag the common computer industry timetable many fold ) before we ever see SSD drives in keyboards. Unless, of course, things change within the keyboard industry... Don't hold your breath though.

All the best,
Mike

Page 8 of 19 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 18 19 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online