SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 19 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19 >
Topic Options
#256152 - 02/11/09 03:33 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Lee, i'll show you the rest next week when i see you in NYC.
DNJ, there is few more Demos, not specifically what you asked
but there will be a lot of chords alone too.

#256153 - 02/11/09 03:41 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Hey, mrdave.. If Ketron won't do that, how about sticking a quick demo of this up if you still have access to the Audya...

WHen I'll go to visit my friend at the music store I'll try to do some recording, last time I wasn't able to do that because the audya didn't recognize my USB pen, it was a 128K USB 1.1 pen and didn't get recognized, next time I'll go with a 2.0 2GB one...

BTW: Reasons that let me opt for PA2x:
1) Far more programmability (specially sounds, the possibility to program up to 16 oscillators per sound is really intriguing me...)
2) Better drawbars sounds (at least for my taste, I didn't like Ketron frawbars at all... sounded just like plain sine waves and if you play them over the 61-key range they wrap around COMPLETELY... i.e. if you play D7 key you get the same sound as D6 and if you play B1 key you get B2 sound)
3) One Touch Buttons for styles, I always liked that feature, to program 4 sounds related to the style you select. The Audya has Registrations, but I found them not so immediate.
4) Price. Paying 500+ euro more to get the only thing I liked on the audya (live drums on styles, the only thing I think renders the styles outstanding) was out of question.
5) I don't need 5 players, DJ loops, key tunes (even Pa2x however can do key tunes)...
6) RAM on the Pa2X is expandable to 256MB, while on the audya is fixed at 64MB.

Things of audya perhaps I will miss are very good audio drums on styles and very good fillins and breaks, pa2x has only 2 fills and 1 break, I hope Korg guys will improve this just as they added the 3rd ending on the pa1x when it had only two at first .

#256154 - 02/11/09 04:02 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
DNJ, there is few more Demos, not specifically what you asked
but there will be a lot of chords alone too.

Thanx and leave out the right hand i just want to hear the more in depth left hand chords & all the fluff recognition associated with them as they play and change that's all.

#256155 - 02/11/09 04:07 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy

At 1:51 AJ plays a Sus chord and if you listen carefully you can hear the sound is a little different...

#256156 - 02/11/09 04:56 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
mc Offline

Loc: New York
It sound like the strum changed a little but it didn't sound bad. I don't think the dim, aug etc chord changes would really matter to me if they were midi. as long as it doesn't drop out. but it sounds good, like a live guitar.

#256157 - 02/11/09 05:09 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Dnj Offline

common we need real demos showing what we are asking ....is this so hard to do?
or do you want to spend $5000.000 and then realize what a mistake you made?

#256158 - 02/11/09 05:22 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
MrDave,
I hope you like the PA2XPRO...I sure do...a lot of the same reasons.
One thing...once you get it, and have time to dig in and see what's really there...I think you will have a BIG smile on your face.

Wait until you see what the new DNC is capable of!

Lee

#256159 - 02/11/09 10:09 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
to the genesys Offline

I did not know that so many persons on this forum play a style with just one track soloed? I would think the point of an arranger is to sound like a band? So why is it important to have just one track playing. Isn't it importan t as to how the style sound as a whole and how it sounds in a practical setting?

#256160 - 02/11/09 11:19 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Your are right to a point To the Genesys but arrangers are so incredibly felxible, people use them in very many different ways and so if people want to reduce the accompaniment just to a guitar section then thats what they want. I have heard the latest demos from AJ and i have no problem with them. I think the strongest selling point for the Audya is the AI. i would like to see more demo's of this on different styles. The live intelligent interaction is what really sets the keyboard apart.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVTMtKNgVmw&feature=channel_page

Aj Whats going on with the brass in within this funk fusion style at 2.20 in this clip ? sounds like it is not recognising the chord correctly .

Yhe same style is being used in this clip and the same odd brass is happening here at 1.53
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ5HoRPBvBs

Sorry for all the questions. Is the Audya in the UK and where can i try one ?

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 02-11-2009).]

#256161 - 02/11/09 11:45 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Spalding
http://www.ketronmusic.co.uk/

Give them a bell, and they should be able to tell you where your nearest dealer is.

Regards

Bill

Page 6 of 19 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 18 19 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online