SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19 >
Topic Options
#256132 - 02/10/09 04:52 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
the "total dropout of the audio loop" has me worried too Diki, and AJ, Ketron

i would want, or shall i say expect that the AUDYA play Maj, Min, 7th, Dim, Aug, Sus ALL with Audio loops

and then if need be, a 6th, 9th, 11th, 13th etc... introduce that one "missing note" via midi guitar note while continuing to play the Audio Loop

Audya plays Maj, Min with audio loops
for 67h, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th it adds a note via MIDI

for Dim, Aug, Sus. it replaces the entire pattern with a MIDI one.

The MIDI replacement is quite noticeable in some styles where a "remixed" version of audio loops is used (for example a dance style with a wah wah guitar loop, the DISCO_MIX loop, number 60). There are really a few of these and are made by playing two loops together, one panned to the left and the other to the right, the panning is quite noticeable using headphones. Well... when MIDI parts kicks in are played in the centre, so when you play a 7th chord you hear the two loops on the left and right and a single note comin out from the center... when you play a Dim, Sus, Aug... the two loops disappear and you hear a midi pattern played in the center... yes... quite noticeable on these....
For other loops, the MIDI kick in is noticeable more on rock guitars parts.

#256133 - 02/10/09 04:55 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
mrdave Offline

Quote:
Loading a 10,120 KB voice takes no more than 5 seconds with our new CPU[/B]

I measured the loading time of the STEREO_GRAND.INS (36.026.936 bytes) and it takes 30 seconds to load.

#256134 - 02/10/09 05:34 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mrdave:
Audya plays Maj, Min with audio loops
for 67h, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th it adds a note via MIDI

for Dim, Aug, Sus. it replaces the entire pattern with a MIDI one.

The MIDI replacement is quite noticeable in some styles where a "remixed" version of audio loops is used (for example a dance style with a wah wah guitar loop, the DISCO_MIX loop, number 60). There are really a few of these and are made by playing two loops together, one panned to the left and the other to the right, the panning is quite noticeable using headphones. Well... when MIDI parts kicks in are played in the centre, so when you play a 7th chord you hear the two loops on the left and right and a single note comin out from the center... when you play a Dim, Sus, Aug... the two loops disappear and you hear a midi pattern played in the center... yes... quite noticeable on these....
For other loops, the MIDI kick in is noticeable more on rock guitars parts.

so you mean noticable in a bad way or?

#256135 - 02/10/09 07:27 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Dnj Offline

#256136 - 02/10/09 08:19 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi AJ
you mentioned software for editing the DJ loops.
Does the software also edit the notes in the midi tracks in a style??
ie for those who create styles from scratch is there some sort of note editing available?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ketron_AJ:

Full functioning software (for editing/creating DJ loops, styles, customization ...etc) will be made available and downloadable on our website at a later date. The complete manual is also being revised and will soon be up on our website for download.

Import/Recording Grooves:- Yes, you'll be able to use yours (Drums) with the assistance of software which we'll provide on our website. In STYLE VIEW, you can see the entire STYLE structure. By selecting CHORD-5 (F10), you can decide either to use AUDIO (and therefore select from a data base of guitar and other instrument parts that reside in AUDYA) or MIDI (select any instrument to assign to this track). As for the Audio Bass and Chords, Ketron will be enhancing this library as well with future updates.

------------------
best wishes
Rikki

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/PA800_StyleMaking/

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#256137 - 02/10/09 09:06 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
leezone Offline

if Ketron can assure us that they will "enhance" or shall i say "expand" their audio guitar chords to include Aug, Dim, Sus, 7th them i will consider purchasing AUDYA,

AUDYA really needs to play ALL the chords i play via AUDYA loops, not HALF of them.

like i said i can deal with that extra midi note for the 6,11,13 chords, as long as the main chords keep on playing via Audio.

so can Ketron please elaborate on the future "enhancement" of bass.guitar audio chords?

#256138 - 02/11/09 04:53 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by leezone:
if Ketron can assure us that they will "enhance" or shall i say "expand" their audio guitar chords to include Aug, Dim, Sus, 7th them i will consider purchasing AUDYA,

AUDYA really needs to play ALL the chords i play via AUDYA loops, not HALF of them.

like i said i can deal with that extra midi note for the 6,11,13 chords, as long as the main chords keep on playing via Audio.

so can Ketron please elaborate on the future "enhancement" of bass.guitar audio chords?

Drop it, Lee! It ain't happening. I'm not sure if you realize what goes into streaming audio live on demand from a keyboard - if you did you wouldn't be unrealistic. If you think that the technology isn't up to your standard of performance, just say so and leave it at that. But you're making your point too many times about the only company making a substantial step into today's technology.

#256139 - 02/11/09 05:24 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Its getting too much, it is people who will never buy Audya, this is getting childish.
If you guys dont like it leave it alone, there is 300000 other options and choices,
so stop trying to pick on anything possible, even if they fixed that we'll come up
with something new that also wouldnt make sense...as it doesnt now.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 02-11-2009).]

#256140 - 02/11/09 05:28 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
mrdave Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

so you mean noticable in a bad way or?

I didn't like it

However...I won't take the audya in consideration anymore... the Pa2x is coming soon in my home

#256141 - 02/11/09 05:47 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mrdave:
I didn't like it

However...I won't take the audya in consideration anymore... the Pa2x is coming soon in my home

Mrdave thanx for you honest answer......out of all the Audya features...not having all the different loops sound equal in quality as described when playing when they play is unacceptable....you have opened up a can of worms for sure that many have not addressed....isnt this what Diki & others have asked for Demos with more complex chords to see what "how the Audya handles them"?........enjoy your KORG unit.

Page 4 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 18 19 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online