SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 18 19 >
Topic Options
#256122 - 02/10/09 12:05 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Thanks, AJ for your prompt answers to those questions. I hope we never get that stonewalling we got the last couple of weeks again This post, two weeks ago would have defused the entire mess, IMO...

That's some revolutionary stuff in there, AJ... I'll tell you something though... If the Intelligent Arranger has up to a 32 bar memory of what you played, it's capable of being linked to a Chord Sequencer and you could hand off the redundancy of repeating the chords altogether, and STILL introduce variation by analyzing the RH (or whatever new you are playing with RH/LH, too!). Once you acknowledge that there IS a lot of chord redundancy in popular music, why a tool doesn't exist to exploit this on arrangers beats me...

Now that Roland have abandoned the Chord Sequencer (ever play it on a G1000?), is there any reason why you can't add it to the Audya?

I tell you, the first arranger from ANYBODY (including MS or Wersi ) that reintroduces this amazing tool will get my cash no questions asked! I felt that Riff Mode ALMOST got the point, but preset changes was dumb (sorry!). Now that the Audya has a 32 bar memory for chord changes, why not reintroduce this feature, but cue it from the IA window?

I WANT MY LEFT HAND BACK...

OK, I feel better now

The guitar loops... any chance of just coming flat out and saying WHAT extra chords have been recorded for the audio ONLY section? I still have trouble envisioning what this will work like without at least dim aug and sus. None of those can be made from a maj/min/7th at all, and it's the total dropout of the audio loop that has most of us worried. Spalding made a very good point by stating that if you CAN'T tell the difference, why bother with loops at all, and if you CAN.... well, there goes your Unplugged, audio loop guitar styles, doesn't it?

Anyway, once again, thanks for the info... keep it coming.

And.... I can't BELIEVE that no-one at the Jam was interested in playing the Audya! If they had wanted to jam, they could have jammed on that, couldn't they? I would have been all over it, I assure you!

Anyway... if your software boffins are still working on the Audya, ask them this; Isn't there ANY way to increase the sample RAM past 64MB..? As fast as this loads (you seemed to indicate a 2MB/sec rate or so) a 512MB limit as a pre-load for a gig now seems a bit more practical. It would be what, about four minutes? That's worth doing. The 25 minutes a Yamaha would take for the same amount, not so much

And, how about the Chord Sequencer? You seem 80% already there...

Thanks for the info AJ, and your patience with our impatience!

#256123 - 02/10/09 12:06 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
leezone Offline

either via AUDYA or software or both ?

#256124 - 02/10/09 12:21 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
leezone Offline

the "total dropout of the audio loop" has me worried too Diki, and AJ, Ketron

i would want, or shall i say expect that the AUDYA play Maj, Min, 7th, Dim, Aug, Sus ALL with Audio loops

and then if need be, a 6th, 9th, 11th, 13th etc... introduce that one "missing note" via midi guitar note while continuing to play the Audio Loop

playing a C one measure with audio guitar loop, and then next meaure playing a C Aug, and having AUDYA stop playing audio and switch to total midi, and then playing a Dm, and AUDYA going back to Audio loop seems that it would be QUITE noticeable, at least to MY ears.

#256125 - 02/10/09 12:26 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
leezone Offline

but maybe there is hope as AJ said:

"As for the Audio Bass and Chords, Ketron will be enhancing this library as well with future updates."

the question is: what is Ketron's definition of "enhancing" ??

i prefer the word "expanding"

#256126 - 02/10/09 02:19 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
twiceduo Offline

Loc: Denmark
Here is what I have from another forum, (by the way reel good forum for arranger.)

I've just spoken with Keys Music in the UK and the Audya has definitely been received here in the UK and units have also been sold

#256127 - 02/10/09 02:26 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
leezone Offline

and what forum is this?

#256128 - 02/10/09 02:37 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
twiceduo Offline

Loc: Denmark

#256129 - 02/10/09 02:44 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Ahhh... the CraigUK site where you can't even read the posts without his approval...

I can understand posting needing membership, but just to READ? Very few sites impose that. What can he be possibly trying to hide?

Did Osama get his Audya yet? Has that Iranian styles package got shipped yet? Do they come with box cutters if shipped to Saudi Arabia?

#256130 - 02/10/09 04:16 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Thanks AJ,
I'm a little nervous about the release dates. .......

Release date - March 15 ... "...beware the IDES of March !!! ..."

t.

#256131 - 02/10/09 04:23 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Ahhh... the CraigUK site where you can't even read the posts without his approval...

I can understand posting needing membership, but just to READ? Very few sites impose that. What can he be possibly trying to hide?

Did Osama get his Audya yet? Has that Iranian styles package got shipped yet? Do they come with box cutters if shipped to Saudi Arabia?

That site is still alive?

Page 3 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 5 18 19 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online