SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#25610 - 06/07/00 05:39 AM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Wilkes Offline

Loc: Wilkesboro, NC, USA
Southern Comfort - isn't it possible that Arvon45 could have sampled only a few sounds from an XP synth (he doesn't seem to like many XP sounds) and saved each sample to multiple floppies? If he sampled short-duration sounds at only one note (and let the Triton automatically transpose the sample up and down the keyboard), he'd be able to save to a floppy. I had a Triton for a month and I sampled many drum hits, bass sounds, stabs, etc. and saved to floppy disks.

You're absolutely right about the extra cost of the Triton to make it into a full-fledged sampler, but I had to add all of that stuff (except SCSI) to my Kurzweil K2000RS to make it "complete" as well. By the way, Reggie, have you looked into the K2000S workstations?

#25611 - 06/07/00 10:28 AM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
cBas Offline

What about the Roland VA-7, it has a Zip drive and is supposed to have superior sound quality. And it has built in speakers. Im not sure about the price or if it samples. Maybe you guys are. How does it compare to the Triton and the Xp's?

#25612 - 06/07/00 12:48 PM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Southern Comfort Offline

Wilkes

Yes, it is possible. Arvon45 seems to use a floppy for data saving and loading. What a hassle...

Here's a direct quote from Arvon 45 at Tritonica discussion board.

"I will no doubt go for the SCCI and sample discs." (May 29) - Now, within a week, he is a master of sampling.
"(I) load usually one sample on one disk, and I awlays have to screw with it in SAMPLE before I get it properly set up in program bank E." (May 29) - compare this with his post here.. "...I LOAd a SAMPLE into the sampler..and whoila! I have an incredible sound."
"As far as I am concerned, the sampling is a major pain in the ass. I use it for a sound here and there." (May 30)
"Hi all. I have a SONY external SCSI CD-rom, and was wondering how this works with the TRITON's SCSI. HOw would I send the files from the stand alone CD-ROM to the TRITON?" (June 3)

Well... Arvon45 is a newbie in Tritonica..
But he acts like a master here..
That's what I don't like.

#25613 - 06/07/00 03:40 PM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Arvon45 Offline

Loc: USA
Southern COmfort-

Yes, I am a newbie to SAMPLING.

"Arvon 45... the Liar.."

Nice one Southern. Real cool.....

"Hey, Arvon45..
I know that you haven't bought the scsi board for Triton yet.. Otherwise, you hadn't asked about it on the Tritonica discussion board.."

Nope. Haven't bought it yet.

"How could you load a sample to your Triton without the scsi board?... Using floppy disc?
Where did you save the xp samples? In your computer?
What a liar...."

Yep. I got 5 XP samples in .wav format from the web, stored them on my hard drive, and then copied them to floppy, and then to my Triton. Each xp sample took up less than one disk. I had to use 4 discs for the 5 sounds.
I then added effects to the samples, making them sound even better.

And don't call me a LIAR, PUNK. Sampling with the floppies is no big deal. The only problem with it is it takes longer to load and dealing with all those floppies can be annoying. But the TRitons sampler is fully usebale with the floppy drive.

\\According to your post on Tritonica, you don't know how to use a sampler and even what it is..
Please, don't give a bad name to other Triton users.\\

I know what it is now. My previous synths didn't have one, so I am still learning. BUT I know enough to import samples licket-split and to sample and play basic sounds.

Oh, and Southern---Was there one thing I said in my post that was in error? I don't think so. So bug off.

#25614 - 06/07/00 03:49 PM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Arvon45 Offline

Southern "Comfort"-

"Wilkes
Yes, it is possible. Arvon45 seems to use a floppy for data saving and loading. What a hassle..."

Not right now it's not, seeing as Im just starting to get the hang of sampling. When I get more familiar with it, the SCI option will be the first thing I buy, probably next week.

"Here's a direct quote from Arvon 45 at Tritonica discussion board.

"I will no doubt go for the SCCI and sample discs." (May 29) - Now, within a week, he is a master of sampling.
"(I) load usually one sample on one disk, and I awlays have to screw with it in SAMPLE before I get it properly set up in program "bank E.""

SO? What is your problem man? I had a few minor complaints about something I wasn't entirely sure of. And why do all the work to quote me from another discussion board? Wierd.

"(May 29) - compare this with his post here.. "...I LOAd a SAMPLE into the sampler..and whoila! I have an incredible sound." "

Thats true. That is not in error. THe problem I had was getting the sound to match up with specified bank in program mode.

"As far as I am concerned, the sampling is a major pain in the ass. I use it for a sound here and there." (May 30)"

That was MAy 30th, when I was starting to learn about the sampling. My views have changed. While it is still not as simple as I would like it to be, it is good enough for me.

""Hi all. I have a SONY external SCSI CD-rom, and was wondering how this works with the TRITON's SCSI. HOw would I send the files from the stand alone CD-ROM to the TRITON?" (June 3)"

Whats wrong with this? I know how to hookup SCI, but I didn't know how the TRITON would handle the viewing of information coming from the CDROM.

"Well... Arvon45 is a newbie in Tritonica..
But he acts like a master here..
That's what I don't like."

I am a newbie to sampling, yes. NO doubt about it. But was there anything in error in my original post in this thread? No.

Why do you attack me when what I said was true?

Seems you are just out to pick a fight Southern Comfort.

#25615 - 06/08/00 01:43 AM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Southern Comfort Offline

Arvon 45

Let's make this board more informative and useful..
Would you tell me the address of the web site you downloaded XP samples? Good information should be shared..

Thanks

#25616 - 06/08/00 03:39 AM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Arvon45 Offline

Oh...Ok...er...um....

HERE YOU GO:

http://www.multi.fi/~crow/jvxp.htm
http://www.xpjv.dircon.co.uk/

There are others as well........

Thats whats nice about having a sampler. Add to that the Tritons amazing effects, and the sound shaping possibilities are endless.

#25617 - 06/08/00 05:10 PM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Southern Comfort Offline

Arvon45

No kidding...
Those sites are filled with poorly sampled mp3 demo files. Did you use those mp3 files for your triton sampler?

#25618 - 06/08/00 08:08 PM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Arvon45 Offline

I put the mp3's into my Winamp player, which converts mp3 files to WAV files. I then loaded these files into my Triton and added 7 band EQ to make them sound good.

Now schoo....your becoming annoying.

#25619 - 06/08/00 09:20 PM Re: Roland XP, Roland XV or Korg Trinity, Korg Triton?
Wilkes Offline

Loc: Wilkesboro, NC, USA
Do you have to enable something in particular in Winamp to actually convert .mp3 files automatically to .wav files? My Winamp program plays .mp3s as .mp3s.

Arvon45 and SC, stay! I'm enjoying your little repartee. I guess I'm happily reflecting on the days when I used to frequent the Tritonica BBS (when I had a Triton) and see all of the little fights between the Korg lackeys (Arvon, Jimi Jones, etc.) and the Triton-bashers (Shakil, Seed...hell, even me!). I think I'll go visit that site to see what's happening.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online