SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 18 19 >
Topic Options
#256112 - 02/10/09 01:50 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Thanks for that AJ. The Audya sounds a lot more interesting. Can you postup any demos of the AI at all ? Thats a feature that used to exist on the Technics KN1000 years ago that literally allowed the musician to Jam with the styles and they would interact with how complex or energetic the musician played. A great feature that some how never really caught on. Also please post up some examples of these 'solo' instrument sounds so that i can actually tell whether they are as good as yamahas SA sounds or Korgs DNC .

Also, this would have been the ideal opportunity to lay to rest the concerns that have been expressed about the limited chords that the Real Audio recordings could play.

Rather than let us quarrel amongst ourselves for another 5 or 6 pages why dont you just tell us plainly what chords the Audio element of the style DOES NOT PLAY ? If Ketron Italy /USA are gagging you tell them this is a really stupid strategy as potential customers like me get put off by companies talking ' out the side of their mouthes'. In other words i dont buy from people who dont tell the whole story warts and all.....

Cheers

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 02-10-2009).]

#256113 - 02/10/09 02:02 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
twiceduo Offline

Loc: Denmark
The release in the us AJ you say about 15. march, but what about in Europa, some say its allredy released.
Sorry for my bad English

#256114 - 02/10/09 04:01 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Thank you AJ, I appreciate you taking the time out and explaining some of the features in more detail. Will the FS6 still work with the Audya and will there be new file transfer software developed, the one that is still on ketron’s web page is a little outdated, Windows 98 edition.

#256115 - 02/10/09 04:10 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
mc Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Aj you have Leezone foaming at the mouth!!!!

Maybe not Leezone, but I am. The SD5 was great, I'm so hoping that the Audya is even that much better. I'll wait and see about pricing and if out of my price range, I'll be happy to slip back into a SD5 or SD3.

#256116 - 02/10/09 05:03 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
to the genesys Offline

Thank You AJ for the information. It is good to hear from Ketron what they intended the product to do. Now, I think the next big think for Ketron to do with the Audya is the PC software. That software must be a tool for Audya users to configure and customize the Audya to their liking. the PC ap must be simple, easy to use and be interactive with the Audya when the Audya is connected to the computer by USB. Perhaps Ketron if not already is in contact with companies that make audio software and loops? IMO it is so much better to set-up the keyboard for live use and create styles midi files and play list on a PC computer and have everything right there on the Audya ready for the gig. Also, it would go a long way to have a DVD showing how to use some of the advance features of the Audya. But I think that may be a while down the road but better sooner than later!

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 02-10-2009).]

#256117 - 02/10/09 10:02 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
twiceduo Offline

Loc: Denmark
The Audya is out allredy in the Uk, but still when will it hit other countrys in Europa, anyone have a guess.

#256118 - 02/10/09 10:59 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by twiceduo:
The Audya is out allredy in the Uk, but still when will it hit other countrys in Europa, anyone have a guess.

So your saying its out in the UK & is that a comlpete release production model?
is there any reviews from real players that have bought it yet if sdo Id like to read them if their honest & not dealers.?

#256119 - 02/10/09 11:14 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
miden Offline

Loc: The World
I, for one, am very interested in this.

And after AJ's fuller explanation, I am even MORE interested.

May have to inject my own "stimulus package" into the economy

As AJ said, one might never (and I can hear the chuckles!!), but really, never have to buy another keyboard.

One thing I would be interested to know is how long this can be upgraded. I know with Korgs, expansion can only go as far as the internal SSD memory allows.

It was why the PA1x was not able to be upgraded any further, and the PA2x also has the same memory limitation, albeit larger.

So, yes, I would like to get "open" quantified, if possible.

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 02-10-2009).]

#256120 - 02/10/09 11:27 AM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
chony Offline

Thanks AJ,

I'm a little nervous about the release dates. I remember when it was supposed to be ready by December, then January, then February, and now March...

What worries me is that even if it DOES come out in March, you are only saying that the Style creation software will come out at "a later date". For me, the Audya is worthless without Style creation as I play ethnic music.

Can you give a more specific, yet REALISTIC time frame for the software release?

#256121 - 02/10/09 12:05 PM Re: KETRON AUDYA - what makes it unique and release dates ...
leezone Offline

AJ,

will we be able to easily convert Midi Files to styles as does Styleworks, by choosing tracks & measures of midi file, and assigning it to style part(s) in AUDYA ?

Page 2 of 19 < 1 2 3 4 18 19 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online