SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#255785 - 02/05/09 08:54 AM Problems with SynthZone Site Loading????????
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Is anyone else having problems with the SynthZone loading? I've been visiting this site very little lately because I don't know what it is on the page, but it takes FOREVER to get the synthzone page to load. I have no problems with other sites. There must be some advertisement or something that's messing up loading this site.

I have to constantly close one window, and open another because the previous one just show's ONLY the blue marble background because something on this page is majorly slowing the loading of the site. Anyone else having issues?
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#255786 - 02/05/09 09:00 AM Re: Problems with SynthZone Site Loading????????
Dnj Offline

No problems here fast as lightening baby!~!!

check your PC

#255787 - 02/05/09 09:09 AM Re: Problems with SynthZone Site Loading????????
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Everything is loading fine for me Squeak. You might try clearing your browser cache, history, and cookies and see if that helps. Also, defragging the hard might help too if you haven't done so lately. You might want to run a anti-malware scanner like Lavasoft's Ad-Aware 2008 as well. Junk i.e. malware, viruses, bots, trojans, etc. on your computer can sometimes mess with your browser functionality.

I don't think the problem is with the site in other words. Hope you get it straightened out.

All the best,
Mike

#255788 - 02/05/09 11:42 AM Re: Problems with SynthZone Site Loading????????
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Squeak D

Have you upgraded to IE8 at all, as it is still in Beta 2 format and has some issues with plug-ins and older sites. (Goggle toolbar can sometimes cause problems)

Fortunately for older sites you can use compatibility settings which normally solve the problem. (Go to Tools, Compatibility settings, and then load in the Synthzone site)

If you don’t have IE8 then it is probably an ad- blocker program that is causing the problem, as it tries’s to block the advert on the top of the site.

Hope this helps

Bill

#255789 - 02/05/09 03:59 PM Re: Problems with SynthZone Site Loading????????
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Ad-aware time...

#255790 - 02/05/09 10:17 PM Re: Problems with SynthZone Site Loading????????
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Mac-time

#255791 - 02/06/09 04:47 AM Re: Problems with SynthZone Site Loading????????
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
It's coming SOOOOOOOON! My wife and I can't seem to figure out what's causing the problem. We have good programs that constantly delete tracking programs, ect. We clean the cache all the time, do disk clean ups, defrag.., you name it. I really think the problem has to do with this particular model HP computer. As I've said before..., our computer hasn't been running the same since that HP Pavilion update crashed our system. My wife's sisters HP that crashed on the same day as ours (also crashed while getting an HP update) has been having problems with hers too. I was reading somewhere yesterday (speculation) that a (disgruntled) empoloyee on the software team for the updates snuck in malicious code to get back at HP for terminating him (so much speculation out there right now with HP problems). We'll never buy another HP again--that's for sure!

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 02-06-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#255792 - 02/06/09 05:03 AM Re: Problems with SynthZone Site Loading????????
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hey Squeak ,

Here is an idea , ask your internet supplier to assign you a new IP address.

Could be that the server you are using now is fairly busy.

When I had dial-up , I was always asking "Earthlink" for a new number.

Just an idea !!

Later

Gary 

#255793 - 02/06/09 08:06 AM Re: Problems with SynthZone Site Loading????????
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I also had problems with slow loading a couple of days ago but all is fine now.

#255794 - 02/06/09 10:01 AM Re: Problems with SynthZone Site Loading????????
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
NO problem with Earthlink and HP Pavillion the best computer I have ever had out of about 25 since commodore in 1985.
bebop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online