SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#255734 - 02/07/09 10:23 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Ketron does not have to "come out"..and let all be known..

The new board is not released here in the USA...and that is a fact...The distributor has said it will be 100 percent complete before he distributes the board...

As for the "hype"..that was created by interested people that have nagged AJ for premature answers, and for a chosen few that have seen the prototype unit...

Ketron is not pulling a Yamaha...talk about hyping a new board..

As for all this nonsense and critisizing of Ketron...more than 95 percent of the complainers here will not and never even considered buying this new board...

As far as I can tell Don Mason is the lone candidate to date that will get one..

The rest of you guys need another topic to shoot the bull over..

#255735 - 02/07/09 10:46 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
The new board is not released here in the USA...and that is a fact...The distributor has said it will be 100 percent complete before he distributes the board...

Please explain why then if it isn't completed 100% yet that it is being sold in Europe already "NOT FINISHED".......shouldn't it be complete for all markets first before any release?
Did Ketron think anyone wouldn't ask these simple questions about how it works....?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-07-2009).]

#255736 - 02/07/09 11:21 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Ketron is not pulling a Yamaha...

That's for sure...Yamaha releases finished products to the public, not prototypes.

So does Roland and Korg.

What difference does it make if we are going to buy or not...we all share a common interest in arrangers, and most of are very curious about something with allegedly groundbreaking technology.

I think the release of information about the Audya has been very poorly handled.

Whether it lives up to the hype will only become clear when Don M or another pro player has a completed and fully functioning instrument to evaluate.

Ian

#255737 - 02/07/09 11:22 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The prototype in AJ's hands was not complete..and since that is the only unit in the USA...thus the USA has no completed models.....simple arithmetic..

#255738 - 02/07/09 11:30 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Dnj Offline

Would someone tell me what the rush is in releasing the Audya half cocked.....what are they thinking?

#255739 - 02/07/09 11:37 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
The prototype in AJ's hands was not complete..and since that is the only unit in the USA...thus the USA has no completed models.....simple arithmetic..

I didn't see in my post where I said USA.

The units released elsewhere were not finished...thus they were prototypes, not production models.

Production models, in case you weren't aware, are fully functioning and finished instruments.

Ian

#255740 - 02/07/09 12:39 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Donny,
Maybe in Europe they don't need all the features we're waiting for. And, with the euro gaining in value, maybe price isn't as big an issue - For sure they can buy it for about 25% less than we can with the U.S.dollar. Even more savings if you factor in the custom's fees, transportation costs and various other fees and expenses associated with importing an item to the U.S.
As for me, I'm going to wait ---------- for the module version - or did I mention that before ... ?
Ciao,
Jerry

#255741 - 02/07/09 01:26 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Waiting until someone, or several 'someone's' has already bought the unit before we question the difference between hype and reality seems like shutting the stable door AFTER the horse has bolted...

When Ketron's own factory demos display the problem front and center, when reports from players of units released explain the problem, when Ketron themselves, or their distributors do NOT come out and in plain, uncouched language say that there WILL be new audio loops on the missing chords, when considerable time and effort has already been expended in their R&D division to mitigate the missing chord issue (that IS the most telling, IMO), how does ANYONE convince themselves that this issue is EVER going to be solved?

Spalding's point is excellent... If you can't tell the difference, why bother, and if you can, it plain don't work. Period.

All this 'wait and see' bull is just spin. Why should ANYONE pay good money to 'wait and see'? Few are ever going to be able to play one before purchase. The warning signs are already public record. It is up to Ketron to SHOW this improvement before anyone should be so carried away as to buy a 'beta' unit. I don't care if this is the US or anywhere else... Why should European customers be subjected to 'incomplete' features when there is no proof whatsoever that they CAN complete them. You would think that, after three friggin' years, if they COULD, they WOULD HAVE...

They can't... It's as simple as that. There isn't one iota of evidence to prove otherwise, and a boatload of very telling evidence that they can't get it to work. They are already selling them in Europe. Shipping them.

I rest my case...

#255742 - 02/07/09 03:25 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
mc Offline

Loc: New York
You act like Ketron is a new company that came out of the woodworks yesterday. They have been around for almost 30 years. If you read Donm post, you see that ketron has nothing to prove, they've done already. Most keyboards companies always release in europe first before any other country. Also do you know for certain that Roland or Korg hasn't release beta versions of their keyboard in the past?

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 02-07-2009).]

#255743 - 02/07/09 03:42 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
mc... audio loops in an arranger (as opposed to drum loops, that it doesn't matter what chord gets played) is an entirely new feature that NO-ONE has done successfully in an arranger yet. Or a computer, for that matter.

Ketron DEFINITELY have to 'prove' that this feature can work. I'm not one of those saying Ketron is just out of the woodwork. But this has it's downside. Unlike Dom and the MS, they DO have years of surely being able to gauge that if a feature is hyped (for years) as 'revolutionary' and fails to live up to that hype, there is going to be quite a backlash...

Now, do me a favor. Take your own advice. Wait until YOU have played an Audya before you leap to it's defense... Play some Latin, play some jazz, heck, play a Beatles tune..! Feed it something other than just kindergarten chords, and THEN tell us it is working fine... You are assuming as much as the rest of us, with MUCH less evidence

I HAVE heard it do the simplest of chords. And read from someone that HAS played more complex (if you consider a dim complex... I don't). He has described what happens, and it ain't good.

Have you heard it do the complex ones? Why not wait until you can refute what we are inferring (quite reasonably, IMO), before you make assumptions. We are not assuming anything. This is what we have been told it does, and heard Ketron demonstrators avoid those chords like the plague.

Page 10 of 13 < 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online