SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#255724 - 02/06/09 03:02 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Don, I could not have said it better myself, I've owned many ketrons and never looked back, with the exception of SD5 which sold because of my accident, (I couldn't lift it for a couple of months). Ketron is 100% rock solid and will one of the arranger companies out there that will keep making arrangers for a long time, unlike some others that may drop there arranger line.

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 02-06-2009).]

#255725 - 02/06/09 09:12 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by fc_xander:
Hi.

The AUDYA is on the market in almost all the south-european countrys from 15 January.

In Portugal we receive until now almost 20 Keyboards and are all sell.

The AUDYA is not 50% or 60% finished.
It is almost 100% complete , and i said ALMOST , because they dont delivery yet the final Instrution Manual , and the Software to produce the Audio Styles.
Also , in my opinion , I think they can put a "Pattern Edit" funtion directly in the Keyboard.
In Portugal not everyone had a computer , and with that small function they can edit and correct the midi parts of the style.

The Audya is Open Architectury and they can develop new functions , new sounds or what they want.
I Hope they continue developing new ideas for this plattform , lots of new thing can be integrated in the audya.

I explore the OS and i see that everything can be edited , we can "personalize" the Keyboarb for the kneeds of the musician.
All the soundbank are RW , all the audio parts can be edited , all the audio guitars can be edited....
We had no limits to work here.....

As the first User said , the arranger part of the audio Styles are fantastic.
The right hand sounds are very very good , and yes , no comparation with the Japonese models , this is the best arranger keyboard of the moment.

Go test yourself and see.

And is EASY , EASY to work....

As you see in the few videos i produce and share with all in my blog , the Musicians came to see the keyboard and i film , no preparation.....
As you see , they dont ad no problem to start playing in the Audya , its so easy , that apears they already know were are everything...

Sorry about my bad english.
Best regards

FC www.ketronaudya.wordpress.com

So what is it? 100% finished or needs much improvement ?.........it's can't be both!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-06-2009).]

#255726 - 02/06/09 10:08 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
why couldn't?
g70 was a finished product, still needed alot of improvement, up to v3.
pa800 is on v2.xx
and so on.

the only arranger finished and with no need for improvements is tyros. ok, s900 too.

#255727 - 02/06/09 10:37 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Straightforward question, FC...

Do these 'finished', shipping units play more than maj, min and a few 7ths in the guitar audio loops, or is that IT...?

Adding in the remainder of the needed 'basic' chords (chords that cannot be made by modifying an already recorded maj, min or 7th) seems a bit more than 'minor' addition to a 'almost 100% finished' product...

#255728 - 02/06/09 10:54 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You know, any more of this 'spin doctoring', and I'm going to get dizzy...

You know, there is one issue, and one issue alone that interests most of us, because the Audya, without it, is merely just another arranger, in fact, one with considerably LESS features than T3, PA2Xpro, heck, even my G70!

If it STOPS PLAYING in the loop section when faced with a more complex chord than maj and min derivatives, and switches to an altogether different system altogether, what is the value of that?

It's kind of like, it's an Audya for maj and min, and it's an SD-1 for dim's sus's and aug's... Not exactly the great leap forward we were promised... More a 'bunny hop'

Korg's and Yamaha's already have FAR more sophisticated Guitar Modes for those pesky chords, and extremely realistic guitar voicing with none of the 'dropout' problems. Plus SA2 voices, large RAM samplers, long length patterns (in Korg's case), just about anything that the Audya has.

This ONE feature is the difference, gentlemen. And, unless a miracle occurs (I'm not holding my breath, are you? ), it just plain doesn't work. Unless you eschew dim's, aug's, sus's, and don't expect correct guitar voicing on all the extensions (which Korg, Yamaha and even Roland's Guitar modes DO).

It's going to sound great. So does a T3, so does a PA2Xpro (which is just as capable of doing audio drum loops if you bother to do it yourself). But the thing it claimed was going to revolutionize the industry has fallen short of the finish line...

#255729 - 02/07/09 02:32 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Diki, you have to understand, there is not such a Finished model yet.

#255730 - 02/07/09 02:54 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
to the genesys Offline

This is why Ketron needs to come out and explain what the Audya is and is not.
You have pundits on this forum speculating about what they think the product should be.
The audio tracks in a style that can play chords if you really try and understand the limited information that Ketron put out was to complement the midi style not replace the style.
Now the real test is not whether the audio style track that plays chords plays all the chords, but how does the style sound as a whole when the audio track does not play when you play certain chords.

#255731 - 02/07/09 04:14 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
Precisely ! But my reservation is that if the Audya substitutes midi notes for the more complaex chord extenstions how is it any different to any other arranger ? Should people be paying through the nose for real audio loops purely for simple chords ? And if you cant here any difference when the substitute midi notes /tracks kick in then what was the point of recording real audio loops in the first place.....

Ketron need to be telling us about now what else the Audya does that sets it apart from the competition because this one distinction is not enough (in my opinion) to tempt me to buy an Audya.

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 02-07-2009).]

#255732 - 02/07/09 04:29 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
Should people be paying through the nose for real audio loops purely for simple chords ? And if you cant here any difference when the substitute midi notes /tracks kick in then what was the point of recording real audio loops in the first place.....

Two VERY good points, Spalding....well said!

Ian

#255733 - 02/07/09 06:52 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Dnj Offline

To get back on the Topic Title.....after today I would say that reading all the "UNKNOWN" baloney about Audya so far I would just wait, allow this unit to come to market, after it gets in players hands & people that have spent approx $5000.00 for it, I am very sure that they will be posting all the Pro's & Cons about Audya in a Very timely manner....they either will be VERY Happy or VERY Angry for sure. It's just a matter of time because the proof is in the pudding as always!. Just don't be a guinea pig

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 02-07-2009).]

Page 9 of 13 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online