SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 >
Topic Options
#255684 - 02/04/09 07:40 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
As i said and will repeat my self, i Demoed AJs unit and its not a final unit,
Prototype or not. My words of Audya not being sold yes are not mine but Ketrons.
I believe them, that doesnt necesarilly mean they are not lying, i dont know
what their agenda is but certainly thats what they say.
When i Demoed the unit, it missing HELL of everything, even the most basic things,
there is not even FX on it and you gonna tell me its the final unit?
And no, there aint no different between AJs unit or KetronUSAs unit, it is the same one unit.

#255685 - 02/04/09 07:43 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Nedim Offline

And you see, Diki already acuses Audya of not having a sampler,
at least i took it so when he says what use is USB 2.0 if the synth has no sampler.
Heloooooooooooooooo wake up people and dont be kids, this is sad and funny.
When you buy or test the Audya like i did then talk, dont talk now based
of what I or someone else said but bring your own judgement when you
touch it and play it. Dont talk BS about unfinished product.
I dont care about Ketron, i will never change my PA800 for any Ketron
but lets be real and honest, we blabering like kids in here but
actually none of us has a clue of what we talking about.

#255686 - 02/04/09 09:12 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Nedim,

Let me make myself unpopular and get it over with. I do not know whether most of these critisizers reside in America or not, but if so I'm starting to loose a lot of respect for those. Always critisizing, always knowing better, yet never achieving anything out of the ordinary themselves. Need I go on?

As for the Audya, it is a fantastic breakthrough and I would beg Ketron not to be offended by all these extremely rude and totally uncalled for accusations. Please continue with your development. You will have many happy customers, just like you've always had. You're setting a pace for others to follow and after the release of the Audya, arrangers will never be the same as we came to know it.

Thank you for your dedication in this regard an please take as long as required to finish this outstanding product to your own liking and not by what's being dictated to you.

When it's ready, I'll make a plan for financing one of my own. Yamaha is huge, yet I never needed them in the four years that I've had my PSR3K - it makes no difference to me whether Ketron is huge or small, I know that I'll not need any other backup after purching my Audya bar the occasional OS updates. So big deal about the size of the company I'm buyin it from! And if the company is run by two old guys only, my hat off to them for what they've achieved - even the more outstanding. In South Africa we cannot buy something, use it for a week or two and then simply return it for a refund if not happy so we are not spoiled rotten in this regard.

That song that says: Oh Lord, it's so hard to be humble - it really makes me think.

Nuff said,

Henni
South Africa

[This message has been edited by Henni (edited 02-04-2009).]

#255687 - 02/04/09 09:58 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
to the genesys Offline

Diki said: “Let's take this in order... To the genesys;
The Audya has never bee accused of not RECOGNIZING any chord thrown at it. What it DOES have a problem with is actually PLAYING them in audio loop form. mrdave reports maj min and a few 7ths. And that is THAT. Play a dim or an aug, and the loop stops cold, a MIDI part plays until you change back to a maj or min again. No sus's, no aug's. Dropout time again.
I can see Ketron's need to add extensions by an additional note or two, but whole basic chords (sorry if anyone thinks a diminished or augmented chord is not 'basic' ) being completely missing is, IMO, simply unacceptable. It's of GREAT significance that Ketron do not provide (as yet) any soloed guitar track demos that extends beyond maj/min/7th. So, as potential buyers, we are denied opportunity to decide if this feature works acceptably or not. For my part, if it did, I would have expected them to showcase it. It simply seems too much of a 'kluge'.”

Again one must understand that the basic operations on the Audya I would think is still there. That is a midi style can play most chords and extensions. Hopefully with respect to midi style nothing was subtracted from what they had in their previous TOTL arrangers.

Having one – three audio tracks in a style is an additional feature and is not a basic operational feature of the arranger.
If there were styles with just audio tracks, then not recognizing all chord types and not recognizing extensions would be a basic non feature.
Having SA voices on the T2 is an additional feature and SA 2 was not available for all sounds. Same deal with audio style tracks on the Audya.

It is interesting to note that because audio tracks on a style was an additional feature on the Audya, it seems as if Ketron may have taken the strategy that for the initial release they would use audio tracks for certain genres and that only the chords commonly used with those genres would they record audio types for.
I.E Rock major and minor. Some contemporary add 7ths and if other may want to use other chord types then midi would take over. Soloing the track would not tell you much it is how the style sounds as a total package. Now if when the whole style plays, and the exclusion of audio tracks for other chord types does not sound good (very subjective), then Ketron may need to rethink their implementation.

Remember an SA sax would not have the same SA as an SA guitar.

#255688 - 02/04/09 11:49 PM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Quote:
Originally posted by Henni:
Nedim,

Let me make myself unpopular and get it over with. I do not know whether most of these critisizers reside in America or not, but if so I'm starting to loose a lot of respect for those. Always critisizing, always knowing better, yet never achieving anything out of the ordinary themselves. Need I go on?

As for the Audya, it is a fantastic breakthrough and I would beg Ketron not to be offended by all these extremely rude and totally uncalled for accusations. Please continue with your development. You will have many happy customers, just like you've always had. You're setting a pace for others to follow and after the release of the Audya, arrangers will never be the same as we came to know it.

Thank you for your dedication in this regard an please take as long as required to finish this outstanding product to your own liking and not by what's being dictated to you.

When it's ready, I'll make a plan for financing one of my own. Yamaha is huge, yet I never needed them in the four years that I've had my PSR3K - it makes no difference to me whether Ketron is huge or small, I know that I'll not need any other backup after purching my Audya bar the occasional OS updates. So big deal about the size of the company I'm buyin it from! And if the company is run by two old guys only, my hat off to them for what they've achieved - even the more outstanding. In South Africa we cannot buy something, use it for a week or two and then simply return it for a refund if not happy so we are not spoiled rotten in this regard.

That song that says: Oh Lord, it's so hard to be humble - it really makes me think.

Nuff said,

Henni
South Africa

I must say this is a good and healthy approach. If Ketron really took the risk and tried to come up with something pretty innovative, we should praise them and appreciate the effort.

This is only one way for future development of arrangers. Tyros 3 SA2 it's another one. Maybe each manufacturer will come up with it's own system, or maybe after a while we'll have a new standard, that will be embraced by all of them. But we should aknowledge and appreciate Ketron, just as much as Yamaha in this sense.

And once again, by when will we have a "baby" audya?

#255689 - 02/05/09 02:44 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by adimatis:

And once again, by when will we have a "baby" audya?

its already here SD5

#255690 - 02/05/09 04:07 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
come one... not soooo baby!

#255691 - 02/05/09 04:36 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Nedim Offline

If i was to compare the Audya and SD5 i would
probably end up with SD5 being a toy.

#255692 - 02/05/09 04:42 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
If i was to compare the Audya and SD5 i would
probably end up with SD5 being a toy.

Yes...but it would be a "finished" toy.

#255693 - 02/05/09 05:09 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Nedim Offline

Still a useless toy!

Page 5 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online