SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13 >
Topic Options
#255644 - 02/04/09 02:28 AM My thoughts on Audya after today.
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC

Yes, those are AJ's hands, lol, he was doing something on the XLR's.
And lets start:
Back in the begining of the 90s there was a Roland Arranger i think it was called E-40 INTELIGENT ARRANGER.
It was a small machine, i think 3 octaves or something and it was called Inteligent Arranger but it was Dumb as any
other piece of plastic. Then the Interactive Workstation term came out which was justified but not the Inteligent term.
Now, the Inteligent Arranger can be finally for the first time justified on the Audya cuz its Inteligent and sometimes
thinks like human...to justify this an example:
A conventional arranger we have a style of 8 Bars/Measuers and you hit start and it starts 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and then
it finishes at 8 goes back to 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and so on...and thats all you get. Now on the Audya you dont get that.
You hit start and you start playing and the Arranger starts to get bored and starts thinking what to do right away,
and it does this: starts again 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 and comes back to 1..NO!!! Goes nowhere actually the Drummer and
the Guitarist go on their own like drunk, you hear the arranger plays something that you didnt actually record in the
but comes out of nowhere...what it means is, when it goes back to 1, not that its only not going back to 1 but also
ADDS and TAKES notes, meaning, each measure next time comes on again is not the same, there is nothing that
will sound robotic like on conventional arranger even using MIDI styles, not just AUDIO styles on the AUDYA.
The arranger calculates ahead of time and then when it gets to that point it implies what calculated earlier.
Now back to start:
This particular Audya that i have in front of me is not a finished model, half of the OS is not there, half of Audio loops,
its around 50-60% of the Final Audya and yet...no arranger has impressed me this much in my life as up to date, NONE.
Hey, thats not a statement, thats only my liking and taste but we are way behind with any existing arranger, forget the
internet guessing and rummors, this is not an Arranger, nor competition to PA2X or T3, this is something else, new,
a begining of a new thing in music. Now, a 50-60% finished machine impressed me more then any existing machine.
God bless me when i recieve the Final Audya and to Lee, yes, it will have a nice EVENT and SAMPLING editor right
on it, on the synth, this aint SD5 or something like that. Ok, the INTELIGENT thing was one of the new things:

KEY TUNES: its a new thing and probably the thing that impressed me the most. It works like this, i'll try simple:
Lets say we have a KMP and on each Key we have a sample of Improvisation of some instruments, like loop,
you hit the key and you hear a nice guitar riff then next key some nice sax solo e tc...yes KMP would do the same thing
but it wont...KEYTUNE does it in a different way...it synchs it with the style and what happens to the sax solo is, if you
change the style the tempo of the sax solo changes, so no matter what key you hit the tempo is WITH STYLE.
In a way like Korgs Pads but not really, this is different its usfeull to me actually more for recorded Audio Solos and Impros.

MIDJAY: thats where the fun starts, as a stupid example, you take a song and you cut it in pieces and you save them as
DJ LOOPS which is MIDJAY file and then, each part at the same time is applied to Var 1 to 4 and also to Fills, Intros and else.
Right away it synchs with style, it can be thrown to a ACC track and you control each part thru variations like the style.
Ok, that might be useless, who would do that with MP3 song, i wont but...a percussion loop or drum loop even audio loop...
uuuuhhhh...gain, simillar to Korgs Pads but still different, in here, when you change Var the Pad changes too, its complex.
Yes, we all know about MidJay but integrated on the Audya is a whole new story now.

AUDIO STYLES: originally and Audya's agenda is to be an Audio Arranger, i mean Audio Controlled, not MIDI notes as any
conventional arranger. I have never EVER heard any better sounding Style then the Audio styles inside it, i hit my head in the
wall, it kills any existing arranger, including PA2XPRO or T3 and trust me, theres hell of a lot of Audio Styles in it.
Every Var next time you come back sounds different, every measure next time you come back is different. AJ was laughing
at me when i wanted to start sampling some of the snares and kicks off the rock styles, i went crazy, deppending on your playing
of the chords thats how the whole style behaves, every few seconds you hear some snare, bass line or something added in the
right time and position to make it sounds better and you never recorded those notes...YAYYYYYYY!!!!!! And the best is, if you
change chords too fast or in particular way, creates its own small FillIns, if you change a var in a wrong time again its own FILLIN.

SUPER SOLOS: or also called RAM INS, Ketron didnt use terminology as SA or SA2, MegaVoices or RX or DNC. Its a new thing,
there is no ASS.SW, everything is controller while playing, if you hit C then F it plays one thing and if you hit C then G is another
control, Velocity, Legato, Staccato, Aftertouch, speed between notes and many other things, those sounds are Amazing, when
i played the Trumpet from RamIns my eyes popped out. RAMINS is actually what we call the SampledSounds, they reside on the
HD, you LOAD them on a separate Bank, save them and when you start same as on the new PA, starts fast with the OS.

UPDATES: the synth has its own conventional ROM and also and HD for everything. After the release the synth will be worked
on for another 2 years, by factory, providing more styles, sounds and different OS, it is an Open Achitecture Synth, anything at
anytime is possible, if someones is willing to do it there is no limitation to this synth, OS, Sounds or Styles.

Those are the 4 things that impressedme the most, there is tonz new things we never used or heard of before but i cant write
whole book or a manual in here. The synths is also not as heavy as i expected, maybe lighter or exact as PA2X or or something.
Now, when it comes to Chord Recognition there was some fuss on here which was wrong, testing an unfinished model.
Every brand has its bad side in Chord Recognition, certain chords that Korg reads Yamaha wont and the opposite, this is the way
it is and we all know that for a fact. On the Audya actually when you change a chord on Audio Styles the riff and style itself changes,
the Guitars or the Bassline sound different like a real band would do. Honestly till today i was very pessimistic and scared about the
Audya.

Back to Audya, after all i said, its not even half, YES, there is secrets and a lot more to come then we know, trust me, therez more to it.
As for final release i cant say nothing, i have no clue but it is going to happen, this time. I dont know, i cant really write everything in
here, certain things i forgot to write...whatever, its not a bad intention writing this on here, i just wanted to share, this baby is coming to
my house nd it will stay there for loooooonnnnnngggg...this is a synth for the next 10 years.

Thanks for reading this.

#255645 - 02/04/09 02:41 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi Nedim,

Well put. This is one awesome arranger and I cannot wait to lay my hands on one of my own.

Absolutely true - If one wants to compare to a Tyros 3 or Korg Pa, the opposite must also be considered i.e. why is the T3 not so intelligent, why can it not handle audio loops etc. I wish the critisizers would keep this in mind when they air their complaints.

Henni

#255646 - 02/04/09 03:05 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
to the genesys Offline

Marketing Marketing Marketing!
That is the key to any new keyboard arranger release.
Ketron need to start marketing this product. They need to tell the public what this product can do an imply how it is different from other arrangers.

If Ketron does not do that then you will continue to have pundits )like in other threads on this forum) to control the discussion as it relates to Audya.

If one thing these innovative arranger manufacturers (Ketron and Mediastation) can learn from Yamaha is marketing.

Look at how Yamaha marketed the T3 and PSR S900. They told you how good it is until some persons actually believed it even if the improvements and actual features may not support the claim.

Ketron, do not let the pundits control the discussion regarding the Audya start to take charge and highlight the strong points of the Audya.

#255647 - 02/04/09 03:09 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Nedim Offline

Thats the whole problem Ketron has, is 2 old guys down in Italy which
probably dont care anymore and have no clue of anything, there was never
any Marketing on Ketron as others do, its funny.

#255648 - 02/04/09 06:28 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
This particular Audya that i have in front of me is not a finished model, half of the OS is not there, half of Audio loops,
its around 50-60% of the Final Audya .....

Well, it's been a while since Audya hype first started, and now we hear 50 - 60% final
Audya, then it's 40 - 50 % unfinished, and sale started in Italy and some other European
countries already?

Me oh my, then they still have lots of time for marketing, if progress continues like
we've seen so far, the "final" product will be ready in about 2 - 3 years or so?

Or maybe it's so that the 40 - 50 % unfinished will be sold separately as a lot of high
priced addons?

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#255649 - 02/04/09 06:45 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Dnj Offline

Why the impatience.....?
just wait till it is on the market...meanwhile I'm sure you can make wonderful music without Audya for sure with so many of the great arrangers we already have.New isnt always better.

#255650 - 02/04/09 08:21 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
zuki Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Nedim:
[B]

"Now if I can just get these darn letters to stick" ................

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Yamaha PSR SX900/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Senn 935/K&M stand/Shure SM57/Sony C80 (2)/Blue Encore 300

#255651 - 02/04/09 08:37 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
you know what i hope for?

a "s900" form of audya! if ketron comes up with a MOTL, putting in the audio styles and "inteligent" behaviour, in a lesser number probably, i believe there will be ALOT of converts...

me included.

#255652 - 02/04/09 09:11 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks for this review. As I have said, I was sold after hearing AJ play one song. As the demo progressed, I started drooling. My wife just shook her head and said "How much?" and then she said, "I guess it doesn't matter."
By ten minutes into the demo, I hastily wrote a "for sale" sign, got up and hung it on the E50.
I can't imagine the one I heard was only 50 percent. I certainly HOPE so though. If it gets 50 percent better it will be out of this world.
DonM

#255653 - 02/04/09 09:29 AM Re: My thoughts on Audya after today.
Nedim Offline

I stand on everything i said, yes, Ketrons marketing sux and it will bring them nowhere but this synth
is not even ... i cant explain, what we expect from it its probably only 50% of what it will really give us.
DNJ is right too but the delay must be there for a reason, dont forget, its an open architecture, many
things will be added as we ask. I dont have big influence on the people i work for Ketronb but i know
for a fact i can ask them for certain things on the machine and actually get them same as i did with the
KORG PA team...and Don, keep your wife away from shows like this, i used to have one too.
Gunnar, i waited this long and hell yeah i will wait another 3 months
if i have to if they trying to make it better.
For your info, and trust my word.
NOONE IN THE WORLD HAS BOUGHT THIS SYNTH YET!!!
Maybe they paid and waiting but noone has the machine as bought.

[This message has been edited by Nedim (edited 02-04-2009).]

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online