SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#255406 - 02/01/09 08:32 AM Looking for the right keyboard
Raymie James Offline

Loc: Bonita Springs, Fl., USA
I do most of my performing in Country Clubs and at private functions and I use a Roland VA-76 for all of my background, as well as a VA-7 for a lead instrument (sax solos etc). I am looking for a keyboard (synthasizer) which will reproduce the sounds of the instruments without all of the programming functions of an arranger. I love the instrument sounds of a VA-7 but I don't need all of the other functions of that instrument

#255407 - 02/01/09 09:08 AM Re: Looking for the right keyboard
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
If you're not needing the functions of an arranger..., it sounds to me like you're looking for a "performance synth". There are quite a few out there..., what's your price range?
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#255408 - 02/01/09 09:28 AM Re: Looking for the right keyboard
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
IF you want something really intuitive. I would look at the Fantom series. The screens are amazing and easy to understand especially if you have ever used a DAW. Besides that you already have a Roland and know the ropes.

Korg PA would be second because of its live features dual cross fading MP3/seq players and a host of other nice live controllers and candy. Yeah its an arranger....but its a synth as well.

Piano is not all that bad either....lol

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 02-01-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#255409 - 02/01/09 10:08 AM Re: Looking for the right keyboard
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Why not just turn off the accompianament on the second keyboard, use the split feature so you can keep two voices accessed at all times, save the information into registrations and you have the best of both worlds. Additionally, you'll have a complete backup system should the primary keyboard fail.

Good Luck,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#255410 - 02/01/09 07:41 PM Re: Looking for the right keyboard
Raymie James Offline

Loc: Bonita Springs, Fl., USA
Thanx guys. I think that I'll take Gary's advice. I already have the keyboard and that is how I use it. Turn off the accompaniment and use the split for two voices, plus the supertones. I never even thought of it being a complete backup system, but wow what a plus.

Raymie

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online