SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#255325 - 01/31/09 06:37 PM Audya at home
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Tonight I got the Audya to my home to have some fun and... I did some tests and figured out how live guitar part works... and it lost all its magic...

Other things:
1) USB to-device interface is 1.1 (at least my PC sees the keyboard as a 1.1 device, and takes forever to copy large files to and from Audya HD)...

2) Audio drums give a real "live" feel on style play but... many repetitions on styles, there are styles that have the same drums fill-ins and breaks... and the same guitar grooves, somewhat annoying... but I have to say... I heard real guitarists playing backing parts and they also were playing nearly the same grooves for similar songs....

#255326 - 01/31/09 08:31 PM Re: Audya at home
Dnj Offline

Thanks for the info....hope to hear more

#255327 - 02/01/09 12:34 AM Re: Audya at home
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by mrdave:
... I did some tests and figured out how live guitar part works... and it lost all its magic...

... USB to-device interface is 1.1

... many repetitions on styles, there are styles that have the same drums fill-ins and breaks... and the same guitar grooves, somewhat annoying...

First, congrats with your new "baby"

Lost all it's magic .... to me that sound like a let-down or disappointment when you write it that way.
In other words, not as expected?

USB device (after a lot of postings about it) I think I remember was stated out to be 2.0?
Another down-trip for some?

If the many repetitions of styles and bacing are too easily recognizable, it's sure a lot of work to be
done to make it sound as you like? Hopefully easy to edit?
SD-1 also sound like the "same band" playing when change styles etc, that's good in my humble opinion,
but styles are sure not similiar when change from one to another rythm group.

Looking forward to more information, both the disappointments and the amazements. Nice to know about if
or when this "wondermachine" arrive this part of the world.

Happy Playing & Posting
GJ

Btw, any software for edit via PC (or Mac) in the box?
And what's the price in shops in Italy?

[This message has been edited by Gunnar Jonny (edited 02-01-2009).]
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#255328 - 02/01/09 03:27 AM Re: Audya at home
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
So what is the story on the live giutar parts?

#255329 - 02/01/09 04:15 AM Re: Audya at home
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:

First, congrats with your new "baby"

I didn't buy it, a friend of mine gave it to me to test in for this weekend.

Quote:
[B}Lost all it's magic .... to me that sound like a let-down or disappointment when you write it that way.
In other words, not as expected?[/B]

Well.. I didn't tell the full story... since I'm a computer programmer, I would like to know how this thing works internally, and when I was hearing the demos I figured out various ways how they could implement this. Now that I have the real thing, I was able to get all sample data from the HD and figured out almos everything, so the "magic" refers to programming, not sounds...

Quote:
USB device (after a lot of postings about it) I think I remember was stated out to be 2.0?
Another down-trip for some?

Well... the device gets recognized as a full speed device (1.1), so I guess it isn't 2.0.
This isn't really a problem to transfer .mid files or even .mp3, but if you have to put .wavs or big files this could impact you.

Quote:
If the many repetitions of styles and bacing are too easily recognizable, it's sure a lot of work to be
done to make it sound as you like? Hopefully easy to edit?
SD-1 also sound like the "same band" playing when change styles etc, that's good in my humble opinion,
but styles are sure not similiar when change from one to another rythm group.

The most noticeable (at least for me) is the repetitions on the guitar grooves, but I think majority of people won't recognize this when hearing, since this is not really noticeable when the style is playing with full backing accompainment, most people won't even notice when a player is really playing or using midi files..

Quote:
Btw, any software for edit via PC (or Mac) in the box?
And what's the price in shops in Italy?

By now... still no software.
The list price is around 3900 euros.

P.S.
There isn't a ROM for sounds, all PCM data is on the hard disk, so Ketron can issue updates on sounds also. This is a big pro for future upgradeability (but... I remember that GEM Genesys had this capability as well but Generalmusic never issued sounds updates.... ).

[This message has been edited by mrdave (edited 02-01-2009).]

#255330 - 02/01/09 04:44 AM Re: Audya at home
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
MrDave,

From your experience so far, how do the Audya's audio tracks handle complex chords?

Ian

#255331 - 02/01/09 07:03 AM Re: Audya at home
Dnj Offline

For $5000.00 I would have thought a much more glowing review.

#255332 - 02/01/09 07:32 AM Re: Audya at home
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by mrdave:
The list price is around 3900 euros.

That's more like it, and would probably make me go for it at once when it find the way to this
country.
However, when use the current rates of the € today, the price in musicstores here are set to
N.KR. 59.950,- = € 6754 !!
The offer price is N.Kr 50.900,- who is € 5.733.

My guess is that they send each item separately by Taxi, besides of that the Norwegian taxes are
quite high.

GJ

Btw, a Tyros 3 are set to "full price" € 4.573 and sell for € 4.043, even as "low" as € 3.367,
same as Korg PAX2 Pro in musicstores here, so as I've said before, if the price stand like that
we can buy both T3 and PAX2 pro for the same amount of money as one Audya.!!!
Wonder if the Audya will sell a lot if this going to be the real price here.......
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#255333 - 02/01/09 07:39 AM Re: Audya at home
Dnj Offline

If Audya proves itself above the rest it will sell on its merits no problem.....but if not....well you know the rest

#255334 - 02/01/09 08:03 AM Re: Audya at home
twiceduo Offline

Loc: Denmark
Anyone of you, do you think the audya will be at the shop in next week, here in Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online