SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#255304 - 02/02/09 06:43 AM Re: PA Upgrade
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Donny,

You heard and used Don's Bose in Shreveport, it sounds like you still aren't impressed. Why?

Tom

Tom

#255305 - 02/02/09 07:06 AM Re: PA Upgrade
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
It's really simple: Some of us love the Bose sound; some don't. I play 4 jobs a month with a great acoustic guitar player, who uses a Bose. I alternate with him and play upright with him. I use my own system, because I simply don't like the Bose sound.Plus, I use 3 acoustic instruments and three keyboards, so I need more mixing capacity.

But, hey, we're still friends...I just think he sounds like CRAP (LOL).

The lesson here is, play whatever you're comfortable with. I mean, Shure Vocal Masters still RULE!

Yea!

Russ "stuck in the 60's" Lay

#255306 - 02/02/09 07:30 AM Re: PA Upgrade
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hey Russ. I just told your guitar players what you said. Man are you in trouble!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#255307 - 02/02/09 07:47 AM Re: PA Upgrade
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Gary, real trouble is looking across the croud and seeing three really angry women, all sitting together, waiting for the break.

That was years ago, mind you. Never could figure out why they couldn't take a joke!

Ah, the memories...

Russ "dateless and desperate" Lay

#255308 - 02/02/09 09:11 AM Re: PA Upgrade
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Donny,
You heard and used Don's Bose in Shreveport, it sounds like you still aren't impressed. Why?
Tom

Tom I also owned & performed with the PAS when they first came out...for 5 months I gigged with it everywhere in all different size rooms....from 50 pp to 500pp..

I have no problems sound wise with this unit....it's sounds excellent for my needs & the MONO vs Stereo Issue I could live with.
For me & why I sold it was more of a Transporting & set up issue lugging around that big round base, sub, & two poles...in & out many times twice a day....& not needed for the smaller venues so then I had to lug a small single amp also for those because the BOSE isn't warranted for 50 or less pp.....for the bigger shows I do all the time it was fine....but adding all those pieces & breaking down & setting up all day long was the straw that broke the camels back....people that stay in one venue every week is no problem they dont have to lug it around every day... I dont need 4 more pieces added to the rig....when one or two powered 15"s sound just as good & much easier to hook up and be versatile using 1 or two.....I have yet too try the NEW Bose with the smaller footprint......we had the old model at the jam.
So it comes down to user comfort Tom in a nut shell.

take care

#255309 - 02/02/09 09:45 AM Re: PA Upgrade
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Frank do you use 2 Bose in stereo?

Depending on the size of the job, it's usually just one, but sometimes I play with the full band which then I have up to 4 in use.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#255311 - 02/02/09 09:51 AM Re: PA Upgrade
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
Depending on the size of the job, it's usually just one, but sometimes I play with the full band which then I have up to 4 in use.

Frank 4 has to sound awesome.....good luck out there!

#255312 - 02/02/09 11:01 AM Re: PA Upgrade
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Europe's answer >> http://www.fohhn.com/index.php?id=12&L=1&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=290&cHash=938d0f0535

Impuls.

#255313 - 02/02/09 11:45 AM Re: PA Upgrade
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BBBB:
Donny: I have the new model II. I even use it for groups of less than 50. It is lighter and less of a footprint but you still have the the 2 1/2 poles,the B1 and the the lighter stand so it probably doesn't meet your needs from a transport point of view. Cheers! Brian

Brian thanx for the reply....If I was stationary in one place every week Id definitly use the Bose system....but with my grueling gig schedule in so many different venues day after day with time restraints sometimes with less then an hour in between the Bose isn't feasible.

Good luck with yours use it well & make great Music!!

#255314 - 02/04/09 05:26 PM Re: PA Upgrade
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi Donny, I just want to say I admire how you have (imo) changed your tune slightly re the Bose. I seem to remember (or maybe more accurately - it felt to me like) you had a very low opinion of the system and people who used it - apart from your transport/setup issues.

I now find your comments helpful and constructive on this and other recent "what PA should I buy" threads.

I mean this sincerely, I think you're a great example of being a helpful, objective forum member.

Peace

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online