SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#255244 - 01/31/09 12:41 PM Semilive problem
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Just talked to Bill P. (Semilivemusic). He had a heart attack yesterday and is in the hospital. He's doing o.k. Waiting for more tests. He think they will put another stint in.
I'll keep you updated.
DonM

#255245 - 01/31/09 01:29 PM Re: Semilive problem
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
that's BAD NEWS! Let's all hope for the best.

Russ

#255246 - 01/31/09 01:35 PM Re: Semilive problem
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Don...
"Another stent..?" This is not his first heart attack? He looked to be in great shape when I met him last year.

Please give him my best.

Eddie

#255247 - 01/31/09 01:55 PM Re: Semilive problem
Dnj Offline

Don Im so sorry to hear this........I can't believe I was just with him at the Jam he was having a great time playing & singing with us last week.......please keep us posted I hope he gets better very soon.

D.

#255248 - 01/31/09 02:01 PM Re: Semilive problem
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill has had a bad heart for several years, and when I talked with him a few months ago I believe he indicated he was still having problems. I sincerely hope everything goes well. Don, let him know we're all thinking about him.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#255249 - 01/31/09 03:04 PM Re: Semilive problem
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I thought Semilive was a young guy in his thirties. If true, having a bad heart at so young an age is tragic indeed.

Give him our best. I hope he gets this under control and adheres to the Doctor's advice. Many things can be done to lessen one's own risk of chronic health issues later in life. Hopefully Semilive is doing everything necessary to alleviate his own health concerns. The usual's are smoking, over imbibing, a sedentary lifestyle, wrong diet, over indulgence of drugs or prescription medication, etc. Emotional issues such as depression, anxiety, worry, fears, money problems, personal loss, or hopelessness can wreck havoc on one's own health too. Although I'm not saying Semilive is guilty of any of these. I just mentioned them as a caution.

Again, our prayers are with Bill P. and we look forward to his soon return here on the Zone.

All the best, Mike

#255250 - 01/31/09 03:11 PM Re: Semilive problem
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Bill is older than he looks! But not nearly as old as I am.
He should have internet access in the hospital tonight.
Bill probably has the healthiest diet and lifestyle of any of us. He even exercises and walks in the woods. No smoking, no drinking to excess. He even has regular checkups. Shoot, he doesn't even have a wife to drive him crazy.
Probably loading all my gear last week caused it. He should have known he can't keep up with me.
DonM

#255251 - 01/31/09 05:15 PM Re: Semilive problem
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Hey! I got a new laptop, came in yesterday... ASUS EEE 1000HA, whatever that is... one of these $379 little marvels with 10" screen... and found this post. Never expected this.

Diagnosis is heart attack. EKG showed a diff from 18 mo. ago, plus elevated heart enzymes and chest pain is pretty much a cinch heart attack. Hopefully, not bad damage. Chief dude says he is 90% sure I have new blockage downstream from current stent, as they saw a tiny bump there 18 mo. ago and it is a common place to have it happen.

I suppose I hope it is that. If I am clear, then, I won't have any idea what is going on and I have been somewhat of a mystery patient since day one. And if it's this new blockage, they can stent it and I will be out soon. Then try to figure out how to do some other things to beat this. Reduce stress, reduce or eliminate alcohol is about all I can think of that I don't already do.

If it is multiple blockages, I am sure they would point to bypass and I damn sure hope against that.

Cath will be Monday, I'm just bored now. Glad I got new laptop! No major pain since night before last. None since this morning.

I sure thought I had this licked but during the past year, my stress level has gone through the roof due to real job. I gotta make changes, for sure, in that department.

My family history is as bad as it can get. My dad and all his brothers got heart disease in their 40s and died of it. I am 55. Had stent 3 years ago.

Fingers crossed. For my health and for Steelers to win.

Thanks, and carry on. I mean, rock on.

#255252 - 01/31/09 05:31 PM Re: Semilive problem
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Good luck during the cath Bill. Hopefully, you'll be the one that changes the family traits and is shot in the back of the head by a jealous husband at 108 while jumping from a second story window with your pants down around your ankles while a 19-year-old honey is screaming "Don't leave me Bill--Don't leave me!"

Keep in touch,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#255253 - 01/31/09 05:39 PM Re: Semilive problem
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Best of luck... to both you and your Steelers

Don't get TOO worked up about the game

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online