Semilive problem

Posted by: DonM

Semilive problem - 01/31/09 12:41 PM

Just talked to Bill P. (Semilivemusic). He had a heart attack yesterday and is in the hospital. He's doing o.k. Waiting for more tests. He think they will put another stint in.
I'll keep you updated.
DonM
Posted by: captain Russ

Re: Semilive problem - 01/31/09 01:29 PM

that's BAD NEWS! Let's all hope for the best.

Russ
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Semilive problem - 01/31/09 01:35 PM

Don...
"Another stent..?" This is not his first heart attack? He looked to be in great shape when I met him last year.

Please give him my best.

Eddie
Posted by: Dnj

Re: Semilive problem - 01/31/09 01:55 PM

Don Im so sorry to hear this........I can't believe I was just with him at the Jam he was having a great time playing & singing with us last week.......please keep us posted I hope he gets better very soon.

D.
Posted by: travlin'easy

Re: Semilive problem - 01/31/09 02:01 PM

Bill has had a bad heart for several years, and when I talked with him a few months ago I believe he indicated he was still having problems. I sincerely hope everything goes well. Don, let him know we're all thinking about him.

Gary
Posted by: keybplayer

Re: Semilive problem - 01/31/09 03:04 PM

I thought Semilive was a young guy in his thirties. If true, having a bad heart at so young an age is tragic indeed.

Give him our best. I hope he gets this under control and adheres to the Doctor's advice. Many things can be done to lessen one's own risk of chronic health issues later in life. Hopefully Semilive is doing everything necessary to alleviate his own health concerns. The usual's are smoking, over imbibing, a sedentary lifestyle, wrong diet, over indulgence of drugs or prescription medication, etc. Emotional issues such as depression, anxiety, worry, fears, money problems, personal loss, or hopelessness can wreck havoc on one's own health too. Although I'm not saying Semilive is guilty of any of these. I just mentioned them as a caution.

Again, our prayers are with Bill P. and we look forward to his soon return here on the Zone.

All the best, Mike

Re: Semilive problem - 01/31/09 03:11 PM

Bill is older than he looks! But not nearly as old as I am.
He should have internet access in the hospital tonight.
Bill probably has the healthiest diet and lifestyle of any of us. He even exercises and walks in the woods. No smoking, no drinking to excess. He even has regular checkups. Shoot, he doesn't even have a wife to drive him crazy.
Probably loading all my gear last week caused it. He should have known he can't keep up with me.
DonM
Posted by: SemiLiveMusic

Re: Semilive problem - 01/31/09 05:15 PM

Hey! I got a new laptop, came in yesterday... ASUS EEE 1000HA, whatever that is... one of these $379 little marvels with 10" screen... and found this post. Never expected this.

Diagnosis is heart attack. EKG showed a diff from 18 mo. ago, plus elevated heart enzymes and chest pain is pretty much a cinch heart attack. Hopefully, not bad damage. Chief dude says he is 90% sure I have new blockage downstream from current stent, as they saw a tiny bump there 18 mo. ago and it is a common place to have it happen.

I suppose I hope it is that. If I am clear, then, I won't have any idea what is going on and I have been somewhat of a mystery patient since day one. And if it's this new blockage, they can stent it and I will be out soon. Then try to figure out how to do some other things to beat this. Reduce stress, reduce or eliminate alcohol is about all I can think of that I don't already do.

If it is multiple blockages, I am sure they would point to bypass and I damn sure hope against that.

Cath will be Monday, I'm just bored now. Glad I got new laptop! No major pain since night before last. None since this morning.

I sure thought I had this licked but during the past year, my stress level has gone through the roof due to real job. I gotta make changes, for sure, in that department.

My family history is as bad as it can get. My dad and all his brothers got heart disease in their 40s and died of it. I am 55. Had stent 3 years ago.

Fingers crossed. For my health and for Steelers to win.

Thanks, and carry on. I mean, rock on.

Re: Semilive problem - 01/31/09 05:31 PM

Good luck during the cath Bill. Hopefully, you'll be the one that changes the family traits and is shot in the back of the head by a jealous husband at 108 while jumping from a second story window with your pants down around your ankles while a 19-year-old honey is screaming "Don't leave me Bill--Don't leave me!"

Keep in touch,

Gary
Posted by: Diki

Re: Semilive problem - 01/31/09 05:39 PM

Best of luck... to both you and your Steelers

Don't get TOO worked up about the game

Re: Semilive problem - 01/31/09 05:46 PM

I like the way you think, Gary!

Here's a bit of aggravation...

I have a nice roommate but man, his air bed drives me nuts. This damn thing is the worst piece of engineering I've ever seen. "Moose" is 6'9", weighs 450 lbs. For some reason, they installed some kind of 'air bed' that is inflated. And the friggin thing reinflates every two to three seconds and the servo gizmo cycles on and off, on and off, on and off. Every two to three seconds, 24 hours a day!

Now, I remember why I said last time... I hope I never have a non-private room in a hospital. And here I am enduring this stupid bed! Man, it just adds stress. They really should not subject him or me to this.

Whoever designed this should be fired.

Interesting... they cannot cath Moose because he weighs 50 lbs more than the limit of the cath table! They are going to put some kind of echo/sonagram device down his throat and scope out his heart from his esophagus. He's a big guy! Used to be bodyguard for David Allan Coe. Now, that takes a helluva man! He's got some stories.
Posted by: btweengigs

Re: Semilive problem - 01/31/09 07:05 PM

Bill....
Take notes. I feel a book is in the making. I feel for ya, man.. Been there...done what you are doin'....but they didn't let me have a computer.

I'll be thinking of you Monday as they do the cath. Modern medical science is amazing. I bet you are back home by Thursday.

Oh yeah... stressful job? Say Adios and move on.

Eddie
Posted by: Tom Cavanaugh

Re: Semilive problem - 01/31/09 07:57 PM

Bill, I wish you the best.

Tom
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Semilive problem - 01/31/09 08:28 PM

Man, I HATE to hear this crap ... but it puts our 'quibbles' into perspective for at least a LITTLE while doesn't it? ...
Bill ... you are in our prayers, buddy ...
t. L
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Semilive problem - 02/01/09 02:52 AM

All the best with your recovery Bill. Make sure you have got your strength and health back before you start exerting yourself again.
Posted by: trident

Re: Semilive problem - 02/01/09 03:24 AM

Good luck Bill with your surgery. I hope it goes well, despite the history you mention.
After all, health is all we can't just buy off the shelf.
Theodore

Are you sure the electric fence thing didn't play a part?

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 02-01-2009).]
Posted by: Stephenm52

Re: Semilive problem - 02/01/09 03:41 AM

Bill, Wishing you the best for a speedy recovery. Good luck and God bless!
Posted by: Bill in Dayton

Re: Semilive problem - 02/01/09 03:57 AM

Good luck with your procedure, Bill...

------------------
Bill in Dayton
Posted by: ianmcnll

Re: Semilive problem - 02/01/09 04:32 AM

Hi Bill,

I hope everything goes well and you are back in tip top shape as soon as possible.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 02-01-2009).]
Posted by: donpatt

Re: Semilive problem - 02/01/09 05:56 AM

Hey Bill,

Hope you get better real soon! Was nice meeting you at the jam. DonM assures me there will be another, SEE YA THERE.

Re: Semilive problem - 02/01/09 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by donpatt:
DonM assures me there will be another, SEE YA THERE.

January 24,25,26,27 2010
Posted by: JR in TX

Re: Semilive problem - 02/01/09 08:25 AM

Bill,
I hope your procedure goes well. We are all pullin for you. Take good care of yourself.
Looking forward to seeing you at the next jam.
Jay

Re: Semilive problem - 02/01/09 09:05 AM

I just talked to Bill on the phone. He is in good spirits and looking forward to getting through this quickly.
I'll keep checking on him, and probably visit tomorrow.
DonM
Posted by: Kingfrog

Re: Semilive problem - 02/01/09 09:23 AM

I don't know him but I wish him well. Since turning 50 four years ago and having gone through a touch of breast cancer with my 42 year old wife three years ago, I have become acutely aware of our mortality and medical procedure. (The ONLY reason) I would want to be 30 again today,LOL)

We pray for his complete and total recovery. Can't imagine what it must be like walking around believing the next minute may be one's last. But perhaps more of us should live that way.

May God heal Bill and bless those who are close to him.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 02-01-2009).]
Posted by: cassp

Re: Semilive problem - 02/01/09 07:24 PM

Anytime you can survive a cardiac event it's a good day. I had a heart attack 7 1/2 yrs ago and a double by-pass 7 yrs ago. This past September it was cardiac arrest. Thank God, my wife and good medicine for keeping me alive.

Bill, recoup, get strong and keep going. God bless.
Posted by: BEBOP

Re: Semilive problem - 02/01/09 08:33 PM

HI BILL,
we are praying for your complete recovery.
I have been through this with my wife. I took her on a two week cruise to Alaska and when we returned the fourth day back in her office as a Commercial Lines Insurance Broker she had a heart attack. Had to be the resurgence of the stress. Now 4 years later and retired she is as healthy as can be, even though she had a fair amount of permanent damage.
So get rid of the stress. and you can outlive us all,
Best to you and yours,
Bebop

Re: Semilive problem - 02/03/09 09:46 AM

Bill did have a procedure done yesterday to put another stint below the one he had already.
Thank goodness, it was the only blockage so a bypass wasn't necessary.
He is feeling well and should get out of the hospital later today.
Thanks for your good wishes and prayers.
DonM

Re: Semilive problem - 02/03/09 11:25 AM

Thanx Don for the update...its great news for Bill.

Re: Semilive problem - 02/03/09 02:11 PM

Great news Don. I'll give him a call this evening.

Thanks,

Gary

Re: Semilive problem - 02/03/09 02:21 PM

Gary, he's trying to GET RID of stress. You're a carrier.
DonM
Posted by: tony mads usa

Re: Semilive problem - 02/03/09 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Gary, he's trying to GET RID of stress. You're a carrier.
DonM

GARY ?!?!? ... the ORIGINAL "Mr. Calm, Cool, and Collected: ????

t.
Posted by: ChicoBrasil

Re: Semilive problem - 02/04/09 04:56 AM

Bill

My best wishes of a complete recovery.

Regards from Brazil
Chico
Posted by: Riceroni9

Re: Semilive problem - 02/05/09 02:29 PM

Bill:

I've been away from the board for a couple of days. Man, I'm sorry to hear about you having another one. I'll be saying an extra prayer tonight. Take care.

Dave Rice

Re: Semilive problem - 02/05/09 02:59 PM

Bill is recuperating at home now. Everything apparently went well. I'm sure he'll comment later.
Thanks,
DonM
Posted by: Diki

Re: Semilive problem - 02/05/09 03:35 PM

Excellent news.

God speed with your recovery...

Re: Semilive problem - 02/08/09 07:00 AM

Thanks to all. I'll give some thoughts because it might help someone.

I feel better now than I have in a long time. It seems that I am getting more oxygen. I am eager to do a gig and see if I have more air while singing. I have thought for a long time that I just do not have much lung capacity. Perhaps it will be better now; I got out yesterday and sang in the car and seemed to have more air.

Also eager to go for one of my long hikes and see how I fare. What's weird about this is that all last year, I could walk FAST for 4-6 miles, using nordic ski poles, which makes it about 40% harder... and have zero problem. Yet, I had this 2nd blockage growing that I didn't even know was there until the chest pain with this event.

Strike 2, I hope there is not a strike 3 and you're out, haha. I haven't had a drink since this event came about and I think I now know I *must* reduce or eliminate alcohol. Either I am going to just never drink again or limit it to two drinks. I think I have the willpower to do that, now that I know how bad this situation is.

And lastly, I am working on ways to reduce stress. Which is the only other thing I know to do that I haven't been doing. I eat a low carb diet and I really enjoy it, so, I'm not changing that. Plus, my bloodwork, as predicted by Dr. Eades, is BETTER on low-carb.

BTW, more fuel to the cholesterol theory as preached by mainstream medicine being suspect (less than 200 is good)... my total cholesterol is only 165! I think it was 170 at time of my first heart event three years ago. My triglycerides are too high but I attribute that to too much alcohol. It's certainly not sugar or starches because I eat very low-carb. My HDL was too low this time, I hope to improve that.

My LDL was good, I think it was 76, but I requested that they do a special test to see how large the particle sizes are. There is a growing body of evidence that says that if your LDL is small dense particles, that's bad and if it's large, fluffy particles, that's good.

These numbers are USA measurements, BTW. Europe does it differently.

Glad to be upright!

Re: Semilive problem - 02/08/09 07:24 AM

Bill great to have you back up & about thats veryt good news!!

Keep getting better we have a Jam coming up in January & I wanna hear you do more Johnny Cash!!