SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#254991 - 01/30/09 05:39 PM Re: Thoughts on AUDYA's LCD/GUI
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian,
On the PA2XPO, you use the joystick to effectively do the DSP variation (Leslie speed and many other things) as standatd, but you can also program all those things to any other controler (foot switches's etc) like on the Yamaha.

As far as the touch screen...I never need to touch it while playing...only buttons. It is used as it should be for setup, and other programming tyle operations.

Don't need tactile feedback , as we (I) don't use it in playing (very seldom would be needed)

I would not have said this after having it only a couple monthes...but now that I have had it for 10 monthes...I would not trade it for anythink currently available. The OS is fantastic. I am now creating my own sounds from other mfg's samples, and doing my own song specific styles. The facilities to do all that are superb. 256 MB of user sample memory is really grat to have.

Just today I made my own heavy duty Bari Sax and it will shake the walls, just like the one they use in Tower of Power!

Lee

#254992 - 01/30/09 06:01 PM Re: Thoughts on AUDYA's LCD/GUI
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I'm tickled you like the Korg, Lee...it is nice to see someone else that is pleased with their arranger.

I wish I could try one out, but they aren't sold here, and I may not be on the road again until May or June...there may be a dealer who carries them in one of the centers I'll be visiting....I hope.

The reason I'm struck on the S900 is that I'd rather not invest a lot into a keyboard I'll be only keeping for a few years,...I like having the latest technology, and, besides, these mid-range instruments are far above what they were several years ago...they can be used by a pro as easily as the TOTL arrangers.

To get around the rotary fast and slow switch being on the right, I program two organ sounds in the registration...one with slow Leslie, one with fast...or, I use a footswitch.

I'm lucky not to need 76 keys...saves me money, I have a more compact instrument, the wheels are closer, and it's lighter.

I only use an arranger to play LH chords and RH melody and I love playing that way...it is so different from playing solo piano...it's almost like a vacation.

But, I must say, Korg seems to have a much more interesting 76 note arranger than Roland...now, if I can only get to try one.

Ian

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online