SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 >
Topic Options
#254673 - 01/29/09 07:31 PM Re: S900 man those drums sound live....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Fran,

I would send you the tuned style file, but you don't have a way of playing it on your Roland.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#254674 - 01/29/09 07:37 PM Re: S900 man those drums sound live....
SemiLiveMusic Offline

Loc: Louisiana, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Just think, July will be two years after the introduction of the S900...
DonM

Golly, you're kidding! Man, time flies. I'm still goofing around on a psr2000. Someday, I will grow up.

#254675 - 01/29/09 07:51 PM Re: S900 man those drums sound live....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill,

That PSR-2000 was, and still is, one hell of a machine. There are lots of them still out there working, including Hank B's 2000, which has a drinking problem. Hank says even after a couple loads of vodka doused the electronics it continues to perform very well.

I'm still waiting patiently for a Tyros3 to show up here so I can get my aging fingers on it. And, if I like what I hear, plus can handle the additional weight and bulk, I just might dump one of my PSR-3000s at a bargain basement price. I'll let you know.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#254676 - 01/29/09 09:04 PM Re: S900 man those drums sound live....
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I guess you'll have to agree with my opinion that the S900 main piano is utter rubbish... As long as ONE person says it is so, by your reckoning, that makes it right

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I guess you'll have to agree with my opinion that the S900 main piano is utter rubbish... As long as ONE person says it is so, by your reckoning, that makes it right

One person's rubbish is another person's life saving treasure.

Probably a good reason to recycle.

As I said, I will not mention the ****** **'* ***** again, but I will say that I was not the only one to hear the issue I spoke of...my friend Jimmy's hearing is pretty acute, and I may not have picked up on the discrepancies without him first pointing them out.

Once he did, they stood out pretty clearly.

To be fair, I can't remember the name of the piano we had selected, it was definitely one the main pianos, either the Grand X or the Stereo Piano.

I remember we both agreed that it did not work well with styles because of the middle's unevenness.

It's frustrating not to have access to the instrument in question...I would be able to pick out the particular piano very quickly, I would record the section and post it, so you could judge for yourself what we heard.

Ian

#254677 - 01/29/09 09:43 PM Re: S900 man those drums sound live....
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Damned those drums sound good!

Gary

Yep....they sure do Gary

#254678 - 01/29/09 09:46 PM Re: S900 man those drums sound live....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Semibill, I have a DEAL for you.
Talk tomorrow.
DonM

#254679 - 01/29/09 10:00 PM Re: S900 man those drums sound live....
DonM Offline

I've used the S900 again for the past three nights. It has gone over very well. I suppose a lot of it is because I can move so quickly between songs, genres, sounds, etc.
In other words I'm very comfortable with it.
I even had a couple of regulars finally notice I was playing something different.
They don't seem to care that the rim shot isn't great.
My boss even had something good to say!
I guess I'll keep using it until the Audya convinces me to change.
Setup time is a little quicker since I don't have to plug in the Harmony M or set up the Zoom to record. Also don't need the laptop for lyrics. You wouldn't think that would matter, but it was about 10 minutes quicker.
I like the idea of everything in one unit.
If you guys want to hear some more stuff, I'll post some.
DonM

#254680 - 01/29/09 10:02 PM Re: S900 man those drums sound live....
Dnj Offline

WTG Don.....I knew you'd be back on the S900 its hard to beat ........awaiting your new tunes !

#254681 - 01/29/09 10:19 PM Re: S900 man those drums sound live....
DonM Offline

I still like the E50 a lot. I'll just play whichever of them suits me when I wake up in the morning.
Where's my Audya?
DonM

#254682 - 01/30/09 01:11 AM Re: S900 man those drums sound live....
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
To be fair, I can't remember the name of the piano we had selected, it was definitely one the main pianos, either the Grand X or the Stereo Piano.

Good grief! All this utter nonsense, and you don't even know which bloody piano in the G70 you are talking about? They are completely different, not the same samples at all (and the E50/60/80 have two completely different extra pianos as well as the G70's).

And yes, I'll even go along with the Stereo Piano being rubbish (or uneven, if you prefer!). I NEVER use any other piano than the GrandX unless I need a honky tonk. I hate the Stereo Piano. I hate nearly ALL the pianos in the G70 (I'm REALLY picky!)...

But the GrandX is the poo... Listen, I record at studios where they have Ivory, heck they even have a REAL Steinway. And the producers and engineers prefer my G70 on quite a few tracks...

But only the GrandX....

Sorry Ian, but until perhaps you have a chance to revisit the issue, let's put this to bed until you actually DO know what the hell you are talking about. Play the GrandX, and THEN try to tell me about the so-called 'unevenness'

Page 12 of 13 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online