SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#254510 - 01/25/09 03:43 AM GW8
grenzhm Offline

Loc: Rheine, Germany
Sorry, wrong topic- It should have been part of another discoussion.

I played the GW8 too. I think compared to S700 or S550 it's a more professional sound. It doesn't sound as a usual homekeyboard and has more live character. On the styles there's MFX (the E-guitars sound more realistic) I think, which does not even have the Roland G70.

Greetings
Michael

[This message has been edited by grenzhm (edited 01-25-2009).]

#254511 - 01/25/09 11:29 AM Re: GW8
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Actually, there IS a workaround for the G70 which gives you an MFX on style and SMF Parts. Details are at Roland-Arranger.com.

And it has one HUGE advantage over the GW-8 style part MFX's, being completely controllable..

I had quite a problem with the GW-8's distortion guitars when used in a style - apparently, you can't control the volume POST distortion. There are NO MFX controls at all... So, for a distorted guitar sound in a style, the only way to turn it down (they are all pretty damn loud!) is to turn down the Part PRE-distortion. Of course, this firstly changes the sound quite considerably (mind you, for the better, in many cases!), but also you have to wind the volume down to just the first few values; 1-5 was all I could do to get it actually SOUNDING quieter. That distortion is REALLY cranked! So you don't get much in the way of fine control...

But, on the G70, you get full programmable control of the IFX/MFX section, which gives you pre- AND post-distortion control, and EQ, character, etc..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online