SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#254469 - 03/15/09 03:46 AM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Is that where Diki is? Fl?

#254470 - 03/15/09 06:26 AM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nedim:
Is that where Diki is? Fl?

http://www.thebeachcomber.org/wag.htm

#254471 - 03/15/09 06:29 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
Dnj Offline

So how was the fiesta Audya jam today?

where are the pics and details....who went?

#254472 - 03/15/09 07:12 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Good question. How did it go? Or did it go at all? Hello?? Anybody out there that can provide us with some Jam details?

>> Maybe people are a little gun shy Donny. With all the negative publicity going on with the Audya and all they probably don't want to get in the middle of any "flame throwing" if you know what I mean. They don't want the possibility of possibly getting bashed or burned by the conservative watchdog media.. So in not wanting to "rock the boat" it's better for them to keep quiet I reckon. Good for them.

In any case I hope everybody had a good time. The Audya can only get better as time goes by and future OS updates should start to really bring the Audya up to snuff and in line with the Big Three's current offerings. At least that is my hope anyway.

All the best,
Mike

#254473 - 03/15/09 07:21 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
Dnj Offline

#254474 - 03/15/09 07:35 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I went...and it was a lot of fun. Two other members were there, Tom C.(Michigan) and one other(can't remember his ID but Tom will. (Others may have showed up while I was at lunch, so if I missed someone...sorry) We have some photos and they will come later.

It was very interesting...Audya (AJ), Jay Fox playing SD-3 with a accordian and Ron Crites playing a SD-3 with a MIDI guitar. Ron plays ctuise ships. All the audio was played thru a PRO sound system and it kicked serious butt! (Yorkville). No, 8" $250 speakers would not have been the same!

Everyone did a great job and lots of music came forth! What great talent! These guys can PLAY! Big Time! My wife came over for a while and also enjoyed it, especially the accordian part as she used to play one.

Audya sounds excellant! It was a pretty full day of demo playing and presentation (Audya, Accordian, Guitar). Several folks tried out the Accordian with SD-3 and after all the excitement throttled down I spent an hour one / one with AJ on Audya. Jay was tearing down (6:30PM)...darn it...I would have liked a couple more hours with the keyboard.

I liked it a lot. Spent a lot of time on solo voices which were excellant. And lots of features were checked out. Listened to some styles, but would like to hear many more.

Also had AJ show me this issue (I asked) about complex chords using audio having some notes added by MIDI sounds...We muted everything but the Guitar (audio track) in our test style...while changing to chords that needed MIDI note(s) added was slightly noticable, if you listened carefully...not a very big deal to me.
While playing the full style I could not tell any real difference. YMMV.

AJ and I dinked around with many songs...I found the styles very good indeed and the solo voices very realistic. (Guitar could still use some work IMHO) but it sure wasn't bad either.

The Audya is truely multi-tasking OS...AJ was loading styles/and/or solo voices streaming from disk AS HE PLAYED a complete arrangement..Audya handled it perfectly.

As an example the new PRO level voices (forgot what he called them) loaded in just a couple seconds from HD. Ready to play.

Jay had a special price on Audya for anyone buying TODAY ONLY! $4,895. While I was there one was sold to a guy from Chicago. Bought and paid for. Delivery to be in a couple weeks (max). He was a current SD1+ owner. For me...the price is a negative.
If I used it for work...probably would be a lot less of a negative.

The Audya we had was pretty up to date but AJ said one level back. Also told me some of the things forthcomming soon. Style building/editing on the keyboard was one. Sound editing another. Full English manual also comming soon. More styles also.

The way I left it with Jay was when one came into stock (was told soon) to call me to come over and spend a full day with it on my own.I would need to spend a lot of time with it to decide if I would give up my PA2XPRO for it.

Not saying I won't...not saying I will.

My personal opinion is it is superb...anyone looking at it should spend a day with it to see how they like it overall. Probably Ketron fans...just buy it.

I was very impressed with AJ's presentation, he stated it is not a perfect keyboard, and no other one out there is either. I concur. He showed us a lot of the sounds / features.

I can tell you this...if I took Audya to a gig...(especially a dance gig) played all kinds of music..and 'if' I played well..I think the crowd would be impressed. It sounds terrific.

It really was a fun day for me....

Lee S.

#254475 - 03/15/09 07:37 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
leeboy Offline

MIke,
'In line with the big three' ???
Theres no wait required.

Lee S.

#254476 - 03/15/09 07:52 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
keybplayer Offline

Quote:
"The Audya we had was pretty up to date but AJ said one level back. Also told me some of the things forthcomming soon. Style building/editing on the keyboard was one. Sound editing another. Full English manual also coming soon"

That's good news! I was going to ask about the sound editing capabilities on the Audya. Will it be "full fledged" editing capability? In other words, "micro" editing hopefully? If it does then that would be absolutely fantastic! If you don't like the sound of for instance a guitar, etc., you simply edit it to make it your own sound according to your own preference. That is the great thing I like about my Fantom G7 i.e. "micro" editing of the sounds. It's amazing how much better a person can get a certain sound to sound even better by simply sculpting it through editing it. If the Audya can do something similar that my Fantom G7 can it would really increase the Audya's value in my opinion. Especially for those who like tweaking sounds. That would be a very welcome addition indeed.

All the best,
Mike

#254477 - 03/15/09 07:58 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
keybplayer Offline

I was also going to say that Korg's Pa2XPRO has micro editing capability. I think the Pa800 has that ability too. Unfortunately Yammie has dropped the ball on the Tyros line. If you want micro editing on a Yammie your only option is their totl workstation line e.g. Motif ES/XS. Maybe the Tyros4 will be different but knowing Yammie I won't hold my breath. Same goes for 76 keys.

All the best,
Mike

#254478 - 03/15/09 08:31 PM Re: ARRANGER FIESTA - IN. MAR 15th 2009. Open to the public!!
leeboy Offline

Mike,
Based on what AJ said today, yes full editing and ability to do sampling/edting for new sounds.

Yes the PA2XPRO I have has great programming capabilities and the PA800 is the same in that regard...however the 800 does not have as much RAM for samples etc as the PA2.

Lee S.

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online