SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#254352 - 01/25/09 12:41 AM some of my choir performances
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
i promised some time ago to post up some of the music that i have done on the Korg PA1X and just to show how i use the keyboard. I am not a professsional. I just love to play and use my abilities to worship God. Those of you that might be offended in any way by religious music just avoid this thread. No offence intended. This was all recorded at the Camphill SDA Church Birmingham UK. If you are passing by just ask for Worth. so here goes...

First one

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mLQZvvLtnGI&feature=channel

This was a song that i sequenced from scratch using the PA1X sequencer. I was given the song to listen to (not one of my own songs) and then provide a backing track for our Senior Youth Choir ( can you have 'Senior Youth '???) as often happens . I had about 1 hour to produce the track as they had lost their original backing track CDCD ! so this was done in a hurry. I recorded the bass , drums and keys individually. No chance to edit or anything so it is what it is but it turned out ok i think.

Second one
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=aVU4lzgf5f4&feature=channel

This is my favourite choir ! The kids are real cute and fun to work with....most of the time >:-). My daughter sings in this choir so they are the ones i work most with but i actuallly provide service to 3 choirs.This is a song that i played live on the day in arranger style. The entire style was created from scratch and was fun to do. What you are hearing is the PA1X without any amplification (everything is coming from the internal speakers ) and we are performing infront of an audience of about 500 people. The song is called Praise is What I Do

Last one
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJnGyIf0ozQ&feature=channel

This one ismy favourite clip as it shows what we tend to do most when the church services are over and we have a room mostly to ourselves , i kick back with whoever wants to join me and we just Jam till very late !! This clip has all the fluffs and duff notes that you must expect from guys just jamming so please no nasty comments !! If you look clsoely you will see that the saxophonist (My good friend Bob) has swollen cheeks and is suffering in pain as he had an abcess in his Jaw and could not see a dentist till monday...this occured Saturday evening and he was drugged up to the eyeballs (legitimate drugs before Diki pipes in :-)) so he did his best. I am playing the PA1x. I am using a jazz style. As i had a bass player that night, i dropped out the bass in the arrangement and simply had the drums and some strings in the arrangement whilst i played piano. My brother did the recoding on his hand held camera for all the clips you have seen here. WE recorded about two hours worth of footage last night and i may put some more clips up of that depending on time. I may post some more of my stuff another day. I am toying with the idea of putting up some tutorial clips so that viewers can see in detail the PA1X/2X can be programmed both in normal workstation use and in style production as i know some people might be interste but we will see.

Anyway i hope you get the picture as to why i love this instrument so much.

[This message has been edited by spalding (edited 01-25-2009).]

#254353 - 01/25/09 03:41 AM Re: some of my choir performances
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
The kids are cute as a button and must be real fun to work with. However, second and last post are the same. Can you correct and post the one you were referring to in the text.

chas

#254354 - 01/25/09 06:34 AM Re: some of my choir performances
Dnj Offline

Great stuff....keep up the good work!

#254355 - 01/25/09 07:18 AM Re: some of my choir performances
spalding Offline

I told you the second one was my favourite !! I have corected it now and the third clip should be there. Thanks for watching.

#254356 - 01/25/09 07:29 AM Re: some of my choir performances
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Worth, is that you? LOL

#254357 - 01/25/09 08:37 AM Re: some of my choir performances
spalding Offline

Yes thats me bro. I know i could have been a model!

#254358 - 01/25/09 11:26 AM Re: some of my choir performances
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Worth, very nice indeed. I enjoyed all the videos. Pa1X is sounding good in your capable hands. Thanks for posting.

#254359 - 01/25/09 07:50 PM Re: some of my choir performances
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Hey bro,
I loved that nice, laid-back rendition of "Wonderful Words of Life". I grew up singing that song - never heard it like that before - thanks!
Tim

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#254360 - 01/26/09 04:04 PM Re: some of my choir performances
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Beautiful ....
I LOVE the purity of a children's choir ...
t.

#254361 - 01/27/09 12:51 AM Re: some of my choir performances
spalding Offline

yes they really are great to work with and always excited to sing . Makes the work more like fun

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online