SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#254217 - 01/22/09 05:15 PM Button problem
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
What do you guys do when a button pushes into the keybord. Anyone know a place sort of close to Colorado. Maybe Denver or Salt Lake City?
It's my variation 4 button.
Thanks again,
Boo

#254218 - 01/22/09 06:22 PM Re: Button problem
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Boo: If you're still playing a Yammie, here is a post with a few insights into what happens when the buttons get stuck below the shell:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/014016.html

Had it happen on my T2 a long time ago - fixed it myself (it was scary) but the problem has not recurred (knock on wood!)...

Best of luck!

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#254219 - 01/22/09 09:00 PM Re: Button problem
newman Offline

Wow Randy you're game,
I had the exact same problem with my original Tyros variation 4 button.
I'm in Aussieland and they had to airfreight the part (flimsy looking plastic set of inserts) from Japan.

I'm a little worried about the Registration buttons on my T3 now that they're on the RH side; they sometimes require a fast trigger from my left hand.

The problem is (with me as least) when I have to move a long distance quickly, to hit a button; it's hard to judge exactly the pressure with which you're actually going to hit it, hence the anxiety. You don't want to be too light and have it fail to trigger but on the other hand you don't want to be too heavy and risk damage.

Chris

#254220 - 01/22/09 09:39 PM Re: Button problem
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Boo has a Korg, and I3 I think.
Boo,
You should be able to find a tech who can download a schematic, order parts and repair it.
Or you could send it to me. I need a new anchor for my bass boat.
Sorry you missed the Jam this time.
DonM

#254221 - 01/23/09 04:43 PM Re: Button problem
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Boo,

Just take it apart and fix it. It really doesn't take any electrical skill. You might not even need to solder anything. Bring it to Michigan I'll fix it for you.

Tom

Tom

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online