Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#254055 - 01/22/09 02:10 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Anyone who has used a product like Virtual Guitarist from Steinberg is already aware of some of the issues trying to do this on a realtime basis.

I agree with this as well, Slayer 2 presents similar (although not as intense as it is much smaller than virtual guitarist) issues when trying to play live from a keyboard.

I can only GUESS at the difficulties faced by Ketron.

They really do need to provide this information.

I try to avoid comparing companies, but if one takes a look at Roland Yamaha Korg etc, they usually have a FULL manual including ALL data sheets available at the time of release, and in some case even BEFORE release.

As there ar so few demo models, the sensible alternative I think it to at least provide full written data to go along with on-line demos. And not some hastily put together "Quick Start Guide". I think pretty much anyone on this forum would figure out within about 30 minutes how to operate it.

It's the in-depth data that is needed to assit in a purchase of an Audya. ESPECIALLY when it is this expensive.

Dennis

#254056 - 01/22/09 02:13 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
And especially as, if you live in a part of the world (the vast majority of it, actually!) where you are unlikely to ever get to see or play one before you need to make a purchasing decision...

#254057 - 01/22/09 03:02 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
My best luck on getting information from a MFG is going to the country's distributor...That's Ted...

Ask Ted not AJ directly the audio/chord regognition/play question and tell him 'not going to but one until we get a detailed answer'

Always go to where the money is...If Audya does not sell in the US...Ted is the one that will not be a happy camper.

Lee

#254058 - 01/22/09 05:32 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
Diki Offline

I'm not asking anyone specific...

Just the first person that KNOWS (and the rest can chime out, as insulted as they personally feel about someone having the temerity to actually want to KNOW something about the Audya..!)

Sometimes, dealers and reps do more damage than good trying to 'spin doctor' information they don't even have, let alone know whether it is to a product's advantage or disadvantage... Wouldn't this have been cool if all these nervous Nellie's had simply gone 'We don't know... we'll try and find out for you" rather than the tap-dancing that some of them (who should know better) have done...

#254059 - 01/23/09 08:50 AM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
leeboy Offline

It's Ted's responsibility as the Distributor for USA.
Ted can simply go to Ketron Italy and get them to provide the detailed tech. answer to this question. Were not asking for trade secrets here.

IMHO, you WILL get better results by going directly to a person. After all Ted and his folks need to know the answer too.

If Ketron will not provide the answer to Ted..don't buy one. Simple as that.

These Mfg need to get their support up a level to us. We need to bend their arm ntil they do. Our only power is $$$. If they want us to spend...they needto anti up.

Lee

#254060 - 01/23/09 09:53 AM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
uxt150 Offline

Loc: brooklyn ny usa
Lee..Diki

Interestingly enough that I am a distributor for the music business for about 15 years (selling karaoke equipment).

I am not a musician at all (kinda tone deaf),So even though I see and hear many questions on the items I sell I would not begin to know the answers.

Though if I get an email (tedcmc@aol.com) with a direct question I send it on to Italy and await an answer, which I must say they usually respond fairly quickly, So the best way to deal with issues like the chord question would be to send it to my email as an direct question and I will try to get an answer

Ted

#254061 - 01/25/09 02:45 AM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
I tried some chords muting bass and drums, keeping only chord patterns, and it seems many of them are handled by audio loops (you get different patterns depending on the type and also the tonality of the chord you play, this gives a really "live" feel on the music.
But... I had the impression that playing strange chords the audio parts are completely muted and only the midi parts sounds. When I'll have the audya at home (perhaps next weekend), I'll do extensive testing on this.

However playing normally this arranger is impressive, with a good speaker system you think you have a live band playing around you.... As I told before... right hand voices could be much better however... The best could be playing T3 voices with right hand along with Audya arranger parts... but... hey... I ain't going to spend 6500 euros for that!!!!!!

#254062 - 01/25/09 03:07 AM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
mrdave Offline

Loc: Rimini, Italy
Regarding arranger parts editing or style creating.... I found no way to enter a pattern edit screen, it seems the only editing functions are those provided by the Arranger View, where you can change only sounds or loops for the styles. Since the majority of the styles are using live drum loops, the midi drum part is not programmed on them, so if you assign a midi drumkit to them you do not hear any drum sounding...
On the G70 I like to play with make up tools to modify the style and you can get a totally different sounding style just changing the drumkit for example....

#254063 - 01/25/09 10:18 AM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
leeboy Offline

Ted,
Interesting, I'm not trying to be a smart ass...but have you been following anything on the Ketron here? THE chord recog. question?

You know the big question we all have...so go to Ketron and get our answer,,,Please.

It's really a simple question and we would like a detailed answer.

Maybe it's just me...but if I was doing a product launch (and I have many times, been involved with product launches) I would be all over this kind of thing. Don't you guys want to sell these things?
Thanks,
Lee

#254064 - 01/25/09 12:02 PM Re: Audya Chord recognition thread
Diki Offline

Thanks, mrdave... finally, someone who actually TRIED!

I look forward to a more detailed description of what's going on.

And leeboy... Ted seems to have forgotten that KetronAJ is posting here, knows my question, and doesn't need an email sent to Ketron to give an answer. Mind you, his only answer is 'I won't tell you. It's a secret' I can't see how an email to Ketron would get anything different... He's their main demo-er and works VERY closely with the developers.

But AJ might have thought about what we will think when USERS finally get these in their hands and start reporting things like mrdave has. It's not like we can't easily figure this stuff out for ourselves, given one in our hands, in which case, this entire evasiveness looks far more like knee-jerk damage control than any sincere desire to preserve trade secrets. Which it WOULDN'T have if he had simply answered honestly in the first place...

Now we have to ask the question... is mrdave THAT much smarter than AJ, or has AJ deliberately chosen to withhold this information because he MIGHT not get as many pre-orders if the details of this technical sleight of hand were made public? Personally, I think that AJ miscalculated. I think if the thing still sounds great, most won't care. And the few that DO care will be even more resistant after getting this runaround...

I don't CARE how the thing achieves what it does, as long as it does what it is billed to do. But I HATE being led around by my nose by a salesman, when a simple honest answer would suffice.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online