SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#253978 - 01/20/09 12:15 PM Wersi Drums 2007
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi All

Many of you will know of the various manufacture options software that are available for OAS instruments, and one in particular is the Drums 2007 option, which adds many new kits and instruments, as well as a complete new set of drums for existing kits.

On the many forums and to the dealers and Wersi themselves I have always said that to me they sound total crap, and are not worthy of a £50 Casio let alone a TOTL Organ/Arranger, however some Wersi owners disagree and say they leave other manufactures behind.

I have included a link to the Austrian site which has a demo, and would like to hear what fellow SZ members think, (Be specific if possible) or is it just me that is so used to VST instrument drum sounds and Akai samples (All of which can be loaded directly into the Wersi OAS instrument) that I can no longer appreciate the drum sound that keyboard manufactures provide. (Apart from Audya (Demos only at the moment) most drums in TOTL arrangers I find disappointing, with Wersi at the bottom of the pile)

Remember it is the opinion of the drums I am interested in.
http://www.tastenpoint.at/shop/produkt_beschreibung.php?cPath=1_7&products_id=640

Regards

Bill

#253979 - 01/20/09 02:45 PM Re: Wersi Drums 2007
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I am listening to them right now... Yikes!

I think that, as with anything, it depends on what you have been used to before as to whether you think that something is a worthy improvement or not.. Judging from this, whatever these happy users used in the past must have SUCKED!

Did the sounds get released with new styles as well, or is this just them being used on older styles? Sometimes some new style content can help us exaggerate the improvement of new sounds...

But, on the whole, you can get MUCH better drums for not much more money by using the VSTi's available.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online