Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#253625 - 01/16/09 07:46 PM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Careful, Ian... Don't bait Froggy

It must be those cheap Canadian prescription meds kicking in...

They can't be working too well...I actually wasted my time responding to Froggy's nonsense.

How about sending me some of yours?

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 01-16-2009).]

#253626 - 01/16/09 07:52 PM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
'Fraid we can't afford them down here... something to do with the Government not allowing our health care system to actually NEGOTIATE with the drug companies (unlike Canada) about their prices. Way to represent US! But anything that helps out Lilly's bottom line MUST be good, surely?

Boy, I can't wait for the OMB industry to get a lobby that powerful. Then I can charge $10 grand for a bar gig!

#253627 - 01/16/09 08:00 PM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

Saying the Fantom G is the equivalent of an arranger is like saying that George Bush was the equivalent of a President.

Ian

Too late.... You opened a can of worms now eat them.......

IN our case that is true! Bush hating is not in our home.!

Of course it depends on one's perspective . If you signed your your future income and life away on way way over valued homes and 72 month car loans and instant gratification on the dotted line. Yeah Bush sucked for you.Banks and government enabled people to do that. But they did not FORCE people to sign zee papers,

However We are far far better off then we were 8 years ago. Thanks to the LOOSE banking regulations Barney Frank backed with Ginny and Freddy in the housing market causing a run on inventory and sky rocketing prices .We SOLD in 6 hours to bidders in Las Vegas, while our neighbors borrowed on their precious equity, spending on cars and other depreciating crap like pools for their homes. Of course we had to move to another State to live in an APT while the market cooled then built a home we designed and then paid for it. Thank You GW Bush!

We were scared out of the market after the 1987 crash kept saving and missed the tech bubble but saved instead and decided to get back in equities after 9-11 at fire sale prices. But the really smart move (learned from the bitter 70's under Carter) was SELLING all equity positions in June 08 upon OBAMAs winning of the Democratic nomination. Some friends of mine lost their retirement on paper. They had "high Hopes for Change" Now much of their their "change" has vanished.

Bush administration been very good to me. But as a Conservative I am used to making lemonade out of lemons, Seeing opportunity in other's doom and greed and benefiting from it rather than waiting for Government to it for me. We actually PAY for medical insurance and have great care. What a concept.

But have no fear your Savior has arrived and all will be well for everyone, especially the animals, Flowers, and trees.

NO WE don't hate Bush but then again we have never been one to follow the crowd and accept the verdict of court of public opinion

We are not participating in the recession and all the gloom and doom Obama is predicting. A Pessimistic fear mongering leader is what the world wants from America. Well they have it. Now we will be loved ..by France.Oh Boy! Yippie! What a lofty goal and achievement! Pass the pipe. You will find out soon enough Obama is not what he represented. Some Democrats are already whining, They haven't seen anything yet. Obama is a sock puppet.....Six months from now Jessie jackson Al Sharpton will be marching on Washington with angry whites and blacks who are losing their homes. Homes they would have never had if the time tested 20% DOWN rule had STAYED in place......and I would still be making house payments in Las Vegas and still be on the road singing for my supper........No I have no issue with BUSH!!

And I Still believe the Fantom has such a nice and easy GUI, it can be used as an arranger with little effort and some MIDI files. I know that may challenge some who are used to Yamaha arrangers. But it is a pretty GUI to learn.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 01-16-2009).]

Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#253628 - 01/16/09 08:06 PM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
'Fraid we can't afford them down here... something to do with the Government not allowing our health care system to actually NEGOTIATE with the drug companies (unlike Canada) about their prices. Way to represent US! But anything that helps out Lilly's bottom line MUST be good, surely?

Boy, I can't wait for the OMB industry to get a lobby that powerful. Then I can charge $10 grand for a bar gig!

There are a few border states that CAN and already DO negotiate with Canadian Drug companies including Tennessee which is not close to Canada. It can be done . Write your legislators, unless you live in a state where there where Pharmaceutical Companies reside.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#253629 - 01/16/09 08:25 PM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I encourage anyone interested to watch a program on PBS called The Ascent of Money.

Just in case, you know, you get the mistaken idea that the collapse is all due to some sub-prime loans

It goes a LOT further than that...
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/ascentofmoney/

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 01-16-2009).]

#253630 - 01/16/09 08:29 PM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Too late.... You opened a can of worms now eat them.......

Of course it depends on one's perspective . If you signed your your future income and life away on way way over valued homes and 72 month car loans and instant gratification on the dotted line.

Time is fun when you're having flies, Froggy.

I own my home, musical equipment, car, and my financial future is looked after.

I don't discuss politics...talking about politics is like talking about football...you have to be smart enough to understand the game, and dumb enough to think it's important.

Ian

#253631 - 01/16/09 09:37 PM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:

Time is fun when you're having flies, Froggy.

I own my home, musical equipment, car, and my financial future is looked after.

I don't discuss politics...talking about politics is like talking about football...you have to be smart enough to understand the game, and dumb enough to think it's important.

Ian

You brought it up....However I am glad to learn EVERYONE is not living in the Gloom and Doom some would have us believe its 1929 (or 1979) all over again.....

I'm dumb enough to think Politics IS important. Make no mistake Politics determine the direction of the markets which are a leading indicator of things to come....not things past. IF the market is dropping its a result of people believing the worst for the future......When markets rise its people believing better times are ahead.....So far the latter has been evident. I am one of the few who is surprised by this??? This is painfully and joyfully evident all though out history. Those who use Politics as a crystal ball will make good on thier investment choices.

Loosen bank regulations...more people buy homes...more people buy homes,,less homes available...prices go up...as prices go up MORe people try to get in to keep from being shut out....more creative loans....more homes bought...home prices ride even more.....All because of political moves in 1997!! and the backing of loans by the government previously only available to Veterns on DOWN PAYMENTS Only!!! Politics.

The single largest two day drop in the DOW occurred AFTER Obama was officially elected!!! So much for good times and change to come......Where's all the confidence in Obama's choices and cabinet? Certainly the market should react positively!

It reacted in hours to Steve Jobs deciding not showing up at MAC World!!! It's all about Obama now. Confidence good.... and the market goes up. Bankrupting the country with bridge builders and pot hole fillers while his Choosing a Treasury Secretary who did not pay taxes due? Calling it an "innocent mistake" Sounds like they are talking about Palin's daughter...although the mistake was NOT to abort the child in that case I suppose.

On the bright side Best Buy should be a good buy now that Circuit City is finished.

History is full of evidence of political protectionism. Higher tariffs and trade barriers against free trade, as exampled by the Hawley- Smoot Tariff Act of 1930, which helped bring on the Depression and the World War that followed. I hope those crying for tariffs and against free trade either have a long memory or can read a book.

Don't discount politics when making important long term financial decisions. Ever. Markets are and always have been leading indicators of the economy to come. Confidence drives markets. Obama show little confidence last week....Just Doom and Gloom...UNLESS we do as he says and support his trillion dollar "stimulus plan" As can be seen the markets no likey....

Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#253632 - 01/16/09 10:51 PM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:

I'm dumb enough to think Politics IS important.

But not smart enough to realize how little I care.

#253633 - 01/17/09 02:50 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
NO WE don't hate Bush but then again we have never been one to follow the crowd and accept the verdict of court of public opinion

Bush approval rating 22%. And they're all nutters.

#253634 - 01/17/09 04:03 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
to the genesys Offline

To get back on topic, prelude .
I can't wait for theFUGUE.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online