#253635 - 01/17/09 05:19 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
To get back on topic, prelude .
I can't wait for the FUGUE.

Hey...good one...you caught it too.

Sequential Circuits had a synthesizer called the Prelude (sort of an orchestral type...strings, brass, pipe organ etc)in 1982, AND, even earlier in 1979, it made one called the Fugue (actually it was designed by Sequential, and built by Siel and is really a Siel Cruise, in disguise.)

Another little tidbit...

In 1987, Roland bought up Siel S.p.A, based in Italy, which had been producing synthesizers and organs. They took over Siels's operations, renamed the company as Roland Europe S.p.A. in 1988, and released a new series of products for the European market, including the E-10 and E-20 Intelligent Synthesizers.

So...you may be right about a future Roland "Fugue" arranger, although Sequential Circuits was eventually picked up by Yamaha, who used the former's vector synth technology to make the SY-22/35 and then passed it on to Korg who made the Wavestation.

Good catch.

Ian

#253636 - 01/17/09 05:36 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
Dnj Offline

Circuit city is going out of business and closing all of its stores.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/6216320.html

#253637 - 01/17/09 08:47 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Circuit city is going out of business and closing all of its stores.
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/6216320.html

BBY up 8% but they have far more competition than CC. WALMART,Costco...Amazon...on and on.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 01-17-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#253638 - 01/17/09 09:16 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
Kingfrog Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kingfrog:
[B] BBY up 8% and will go up even more over the next few years,,,,, See how easy it is to find value in Gloom and Doom? OF course the hand in the Obama sock puppet earned 2 Billion last year in hedge fund profits. GOOD for Mr Sorros. Good for anyone who can come from nothing and achieve what he has.

In an interview with The Washington Post on November 11, 2003,] Soros said removing President George W. Bush from office was the "central focus of my life" and "a matter of life and death." He said he would sacrifice his entire fortune to defeat President Bush, "if someone guaranteed it," Soros donated $23,581,000 to various 527 Groups dedicated to defeating President Bush. Despite Soros' efforts, Bush was reelected to a second term as president in U.S. presidential election, 2004. Money doesn't buy everything!! Even a LOT of it.

CONFIDENCE is the key.....Obama kills confidence with Gloom and Doom and causes People to get scared which then causes people to give up more control to the Government (to make everything peachy).

It's a GOOD thing to have optimism without irrational exuberance. It's a bad thing to give up financial control to Government. Witness any Government controlled venture.

Imagine what a Government made arranger keyboard would be like? I wouldn't be buying one..

The same Government who "redlined" Detroit? Then opened the floodgates for sub prime loans which proved to be a decision that helped create the mess many are in today.
And which helped Soros collect 2 billion last year and get a young lawyer who sued banks on behalf of an organization named ACORN to "entice" more sub prime loans be made, a young Harvard grad aptly named Barack Hussein Obama. The "official" economic meltdown happened in the nick of time for Soros (THE Hedge fund Short selling KING), at a time when Mc Cain was actually LEADING Obama!! How convenient.

Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#253639 - 01/17/09 09:56 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
Kingfrog Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
But not smart enough to realize how little I care.

Then why comment in the first place? your "lack of caring statement" was rendered false far before your admission....ya think?
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#253640 - 01/17/09 10:50 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Then why comment in the first place? your "lack of caring statement" was rendered false far before your admission....ya think?

No, I don't think so...I just wanted to make sure you understood my position.

As for you, Froggy...

It's not that easy being green
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
When you think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold
Or something much more colorful like that

It's not easy being green
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're
Not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water
Or stars in the sky.

I can only imagine it must have been rough as a tadpole...and how you hoped someday you'd be toadly awesome...and how you eventually learned that being called "pond scum" is actually a term of endearment.

You can also take heart that being "green" in these times, is now a positive attribute.

I wish you all the best in your recovery.

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 01-18-2009).]

#253641 - 01/19/09 04:50 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
i am very curious what the price will be for prelude...

would this be a refference?
i certainly hope not!
http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/Keyboards_Pianos/Synths/sc1643/p4444.aspx http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/Keyboards_Pianos/Synths/sc1643/p7508.aspx

if true, prelude is way more expensive than E09. it is to be expected, but the difference is huge.

LE: i suppose there is a mistake, or a first-time price policy, because GW8 is 559 pounds... http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/Keyboards_Pianos/Synths/sc1643/p7171.aspx

[This message has been edited by adimatis (edited 01-19-2009).]

#253642 - 01/19/09 06:15 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by adimatis:
i am very curious what the price will be for prelude...

Check this out...

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/018972.html

#253643 - 01/19/09 07:28 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
That price is a rip off. They drop patch modify.., essentially used the shell of their current line for the speaker assembly then charge $150 more for this thing. I till say save yourself the money and buy the GW-8. This thing ain't worth no $1,000 I normally support Roland but in this case I say BOOOOOOOO ON YOU ROLAND!
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#253644 - 01/19/09 07:51 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
Dnj Offline

Squeak were you going to buy a Prelude?

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online