Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#253605 - 01/15/09 04:43 PM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by lukitoh:
I tried the E403 which is essentially the same but one generation older.

The amplified sound is not great. I compared it with PSR3000 and you can clearly see the amplified sound is terrible.

Ian: did you notice that ? maybe you got the new E-413 that fixes the problem

I played the E403 and found it very similar to the 413...but, sound is subjective.

I really liked the amplified sound, and I especially liked the filter...the 3K has a "purer" sound, no doubt, but I was very pleased with the E403 and E413...it could depend on what you played it through as I used stereo (two Yamaha MS60s powered monitors).

As arrangers they are not the most exciting instruments...but I was more interested in the synth controls and arps, which are very well done considering the price.

Ian

#253606 - 01/15/09 04:51 PM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Ian just sees the Yamaha logo, and that's good enough for HIM...

You bet your bippy it is.

#253607 - 01/15/09 08:58 PM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
I guess just trying (and succeeding!) at getting a rise out of y'all... laugh

I hate to be proved right about this, but I've been saying for a while that the TOTL über-expensive arranger is getting to be like the 'home organ'... a dying breed, slowly heading towards extinction, and that it would serve Roland best to concentrate on the low-end, 'home' market. The Prelude looks like the perfect product for the times...

Let's face it, were it not for the huge sales of low end PSR's and even cheaper series arrangers that Yamaha make, how long could THEIR arranger division survive on the sales of S900's and T3's ALONE...?

They may not be as glamorous as a T3, but they, and not the TOTL arrangers, are what is keeping Yamaha afloat. Perhaps Roland are starting to recognize this. Trying to survive on G-series and E-series arrangers will not help Roland survive. But a very good low end arranger, with speakers and all the karaoke sh*t that the kids like WILL...

I hope you are referring to the Portables because the Clavinovas are selling far more then upright and many grand acoustics and those keyboards and the Workstation realm thre are no significant issues .
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#253608 - 01/16/09 05:14 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
So..., is this the replacement for the E-09 or is Roland going to run both models? I wonder why they named it the PRELUDE. Perhaps it's a peek at what's to come for their arranger line. Anyone get a price on this puppy yet?

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 01-16-2009).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#253609 - 01/16/09 07:11 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
That little old E413 is an incredibly useful, and quite inexpensive, studio tool...the arps are very useful, and can be filtered etc, not to mention the rather fat sound you can wring out of it,...the filter even self oscilates...

The organ sounds are wild when filtered, and the strings and brass are very cool.

I play a Jupiter 8 and I was very impressed at the sound of the E413's filter.

The styles are alright, but it sure is a hoot to use the filter and arps...the thing sounds GOOD real GOOD...quick and easy.

To get back on topic...the new Roland looks like a winner...they are targeting the "home entertainment" market with the Prelude, and I think it will do well.

Ian

Indeed and yet of all the E series Keyboards we sell the 213 and 313 out sell the $300 413 3-1. At that price people want not only cheap but simply cheap.....It look's far more daunting then the rest.

We had a stack of them at Yamaha" special" pricing becasue they had no 313 stock left...before the Holidays!!

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 01-16-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#253610 - 01/16/09 07:18 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
squeak_D Offline

Anyone know street price yet?
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#253611 - 01/16/09 07:23 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kingfrog:
Indeed and yet of all the E series Keyboards we sell the 213 and 313 out sell the $300 413 3-1.

The PSR-E413/403 have to be demoed to a customer to show the value.

Not everyone wants to be able to change filter cutoff, but I sold quite a few E-413s to mostly younger clients, and several to former analog synth owners who thought the knobs were cool and useful like I did.

Ian

#253612 - 01/16/09 07:58 AM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
squeak_D Offline

Well I gotta hand it to Roland on this new Prelude. They really hit home with this one. The poly is 128, same screen from the GW-8, updated sounds (wouldn't be too surprised if it shares most of it's sound set with the GW-8.., meaning Fantom/SonicCell based sounds), USB player features, MIDI JACKS and USB, ext input, and under 18lbs with the speakers.

My big question is what's it gonna cost. The GW-8 is $849 smackers.., and this looks to be a stripped down version of that in a redesigned E-09 shell. I don't see Roland selling it under $700..., and seeing it priced close to the PSR-S550 is probably where it's going to be at.

#253613 - 01/16/09 01:08 PM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Oh c'mon, squeak...

We ALL know that branding something an 'arranger' rather than a 'Workstation' allows the companies to immediately ADD 10-25% to the cost of it, AND they can still drop functions from the WS branded version of the same thing!

You are about to find out what adding a 20W total speaker system to a stripped down GW-8 adds to the price!

#253614 - 01/16/09 01:15 PM Re: new roland arranger: prelude
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
Quote:
Oh c'mon, squeak...

You are about to find out what adding a 20W total speaker system to a stripped down GW-8 adds to the price!

i am very curious myself how will be the price, lower or higher? i tend to believe will be about 50$ higher...

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online